FUZZMVP STUDIO 1.0 COMPLETED

fuzzone

As for your bat file, can you email me a copy of it ?

Here is a copy of it.

The first time you run it, you may get a few errors, but it will be working just fine. Also, I have setup to work automatically, it won't prompt you for anything, so you may not even know that it's working.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a copy of it.

The first time you run it, you may get a few errors, but it will be working just fine. Also, I have setup to work automatically, it won't prompt you for anything, so you may not even know that it's working.

Thx..where should i put it ? :oops:

Thx..where should i put it ?

Drop it in the fuzz/bin folder. It shouldn't matter what drive or where that is. Just put it in the folder that has the models.big and uniforms.big files that you want to copy.

Fuzz,

hope you are still reading these...

I am having trouble removing unis.

Sometimes as is the case right now....i click on the jersey i want to remove. then select remove jersey...then it runs its shindinglly...then i re-encode and display jerseys and the thing is still there ??

any ideas sir?

• 3 weeks later...

Studio seems to be one of the best "user tools" created for a game. Thank you Fuzz for your time and effort. I will be more than happy to send a PayPal donation.

I have a bit of a break from school and work and decided to dive headfirst into upgrading MVP, via mods. As such, I am a NOOB to this particular mod scene and would be grateful for any assistance in getting Fuzz's terrific program to work. I understand he is tired of answering the same questions, and I have no doubt my problem has been encountered before.

However, I have scoured the various MVP boards and have yet to find a solution to the problem stated below. (Not to say the problem hasn't been addressed... could be I missed a thread or two :o ). If any of you could provide answers and save Fuzz the headache (seems like he's had his share courtesy a few irritating IM sessions), I would be most appreciative.

Anyway, onto the problem. For starters, I did NOT install the program to the desktop, nor My Documents. I installed it to the following path

'C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004MVP_DownloadsTools_and_EditorsFuzzMVP_2004_Studio'

Unfortunately, I am having trouble adding downloaded uniforms. First, I created a directory to hold extracted uniforms... 'C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004MVP_DownloadsUniforms_and_Accessories'.

I recently downloaded '1969 Houston Astros Home Unis' by Thome25, from mvpmods. I started Studio, choose the Astros and selected the 'Encode Selected Team' button. I then displayed jerseys and chose 'Add Jersey Portrait and Uniform'. At this point, I choose option 1 -- 'Add an Extra Portrait and Uniform to the Selected Team'.

I navigate to the directory I created and open the '69 Hou folder. The folder contains three files -- 'f021h.fsh', 'MenuFSH.bmp', and 'u021e.fsh'. I then select 'Begin' and the program tells me 'Process Initialized'.

I add the 'MenuFSH.bmp', the 'u021e.fsh', and 'f021h.fsh' in succession. The following is displayed in Studio's lower window --

"Process Initialized...

You can add an additional jersey to this team in spot (e).

-BMP FILE Renamed to Proper title, 0006.BMP

Alpha file Created for 0006.BMP

BMP FILE has been added to the INDEX and the Portrait FSH has been restructured."

I then chose 'Import to Game Files'. One DOS window quickly pops up, after which a dreaded Microsoft DEBUG error window pops up. The window displays a 'gfxpak.exe' error and states "gfspak.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I chose 'Don't Send' in hopes Studio will somehow complete the uniform addition. The DOS window does indicate 'updating packfile C:...Fuzz MVP 2004 Studioinuniforms.big' and 'updating packfile C:...Fuzz MVP 2004 Studioinmodels.big'

However, the 'gfxpak.exe' bug pops up twice more. All does not seem lost as the Studio 'Import Completed' box pops up and I choose 'OK'. I then close the Single Uniform Add window and select 'Encode Selected Team' again. I choose 'Display Jerseys' and... nothing happens. No uniforms have been added... not a big surprise given the 'gfxpak.exe' bugs, but dissapointing nonetheless.

Any suggestions or ideas about what is happening?

Again, thank you Fuzz for creating such a great tool... can't wait until I can use it! Let me state again, I understand this is most likely a user error and does not reflect on the program's excellence as I know MANY, MANY people have been using Studio to import and edit Uniforms.

jbhawg: 5 in the mornin--going to bed so i probably may have missed a few things in your post.

try installing the app outside the game directory. create a seperate folder. tell me if that works or if it doesnt, then email me at fuzzyfluid@aol.com

I know you wanted me to email you, but I thought I'd post here again... just in case anyone else is having a similar problem. Your suggestion worked like a charm. The user-designed unis look marvelous in-game. Again, thank you for a fantastic tool!

One final question, when I extract a .bat file directory to the main game directory, do I have to do anything differently with your editor to ensure those unis work correctly in-game? I understand the .bat file will directly overwrite a team's unis in the game directory, but I am wondering if these files are then aversely affected by copying 'C:Program FilesFuzz_MVP_StudioinModels.big' and 'C:Program FilesFuzz_MVP_StudioinUniforms.big' to 'C:mvp2004datafrontendmodels.big' and 'C:mvp2004datauniforms.big'?

I know you wanted me to email you, but I thought I'd post here again... just in case anyone else is having a similar problem. Your suggestion worked like a charm. The user-designed unis look marvelous in-game. Again, thank you for a fantastic tool!

One final question, when I extract a .bat file directory to the main game directory, do I have to do anything differently with your editor to ensure those unis work correctly in-game? I understand the .bat file will directly overwrite a team's unis in the game directory, but I am wondering if these files are then aversely affected by copying 'C:Program FilesFuzz_MVP_StudioinModels.big' and 'C:Program FilesFuzz_MVP_StudioinUniforms.big' to 'C:mvp2004datafrontendmodels.big' and 'C:mvp2004datauniforms.big'?

Yes. Unless you go through the backup process in Fuzz's program all over again (deleting models.big and uniform.big out of the bin folder), then if you copy those files over to your game folder after adding new unis with the editor, it will overwrite anything you added with batch files.

Put a little more simply (I hope): if you add a uni via a batch file, delete the .big files out of the bin folder, run the editor and go through the backup process again.

Archived