My First Jersey Attempt

tebjr

Thanks FF. Yeah, I figured out the logo. I just can't find one I like. I'm just getting started making unis, so I don't know if I'd be the best person to help. Ya'll do good work, and I don't think I'm at that level yet.

Hey, nice to see you making jerseys. Hope any advice I gave may have helped. Jersey's lookin' good, just make sure when you put it into the game you don't load it into a slot that has #'s on the front of the jersey in the same spot as your LR on the front.

Bully,

I'm sure it depends on the logo, but whats a good logo size for 2x unis?

It's hard to say - you usually want to keep the logo between the 1st and 2nd set of buttons. Also, I usually try not to extend the script too far beyond the neckline (width). You'll just have to play w/it and see how it looks in the game.

I have three suggestions here:

1.) If you look at actual pics of the jerseys, you can get a good idea of how big the script should be, in relation to the piping.

2.) Set the script layer's blend mode to Multiply, that way you get the shading in the script from where the jersey folds and creases are, thus giving it more depth.

3.) If you want to put a seperation in the script so it's uneven at the edging (where the jersey overlaps at the buttons), use the rectangular marquee to select on side of the script or the other. In this case, from the last pic you posted, you'll want to select "Tra" and a tiny portion of the "v" (make sure the selection is on the right edge of the piping there), then Cut, create a new layer above or below the script layer, paste the "Tra into the new layer, then move it around until it's flush against the "velers" and down a few pixels.

Anyway, all my rambling aside, keep up the great work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been working on the '88 Philes uniform. The only real difference I can see between the '88 jersey and the 1980 uni that's in the game is the logo on the left sleeve. I've attempted it, but I think it's to big. Thoughts, suggestions.

untitled5copymx1.jpg

untitled4copynt1.jpg

Archived