D-Unit's MVP Sliders (Updated 8/29)

D-Unit

Are these sliders realistic?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I don't know dude. I'm not really feeling these. Am I supposed to leave all the not mentioned things at 0? Cause that's what I did. I've been playing on all-star too long with hoop's sliders. I love them, but I'm winning every game. When I jumped to these on MVP, the fielders feet seem set in stone. They don't react quick enough to the ball. You beefed up the runner speed to 30, but the infielder's speed is still 0. This makes a routine ground ball way too close or not even an out at all. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Wow cruecu, I didn't even realize why so many hits were getting past the infield. I will try raising infield speed a little bit, as well as outfielders to coincide, but then I will have to make the arms stronger, which would mean I would have to make the baserunners faster, etc. It's all a chain reaction, and that kinda screws over the infielders.

Does that make any sense?

Hey D.

I gave your sliders are run in MVP mode yesterday. I am used to All-Star mode with about every slider tweaked so to say the least, I ain't used to MVP. I know I only played one game but I think the throwing speed and runner speed (mostly the runner speed) should be dropped a little. It was a helluva fun game but I think I got 2 doubles with Ichiro on slow singles straight at the CFer. I like the upped throwing speed, especially in the infield. The OF maybe a little overly powerful when nancy throwers now have CANNONS!

Another case for me to turn down the baserunning speed was a single with a guy one second, regardless of who it was, was an automatic run. One last thing was the steal delay needs to be higher or lower....whatever makes the guy stay on the base longer. I attempted one steal all game (Bloomquist) and was sliding in safely before the catcher could get it halfway to 2nd.

It was a fun **** game though. I got thumped 8-2 by Oakland (me being Seattle of course). So maybe it is realistic since Seattle tends to get smacked around my Oakland every once in a while. Say 15 out 17 games? :(

i think another reason the ball gets past the infielders so quick is the MVP fielding. I don't know exactly what it does. But in all-star, the computer seems to give you a head start in the right direction with your fielder. I don't think it does on MVP. I'm having a hard time adjusting to that. It takes some getting used to. If you combine that with the increased runner speed, it's a bad combo. Let me know when you figure it out, dunit.

• 2 weeks later...

a tip for throwing batters out at the plate in the air without the bonus sliders

lineup behind the catching assist circle and then run into to get the players momentum in the throw. It works for me. Same thing with the groundballs to the outfield and a play at the plate. I dont know why you all would bounce the ball twice from mid outfield with vlad.

I throw from 350ft in center field with mark kotsay and it usually bounces once right in front of the mound as long as the fielder isn't flat footed when he throws

momentum does a great deal. Throws are more accurate to first base if you have time to run your fielder towards first before making the throw too

a tip for throwing batters out at the plate in the air without the bonus sliders

lineup behind the catching assist circle and then run into to get the players momentum in the throw. It works for me. Same thing with the groundballs to the outfield and a play at the plate. I dont know why you all would bounce the ball twice from mid outfield with vlad.

I throw from 350ft in center field with mark kotsay and it usually bounces once right in front of the mound as long as the fielder isn't flat footed when he throws

momentum does a great deal. Throws are more accurate to first base if you have time to run your fielder towards first before making the throw too

I'll try the outfielder thing. Nice tip. I switched my fielding back to manual from MVP and I'm loving these sliders. I lost 7-6, won 1-0, and lost 6-4 in my 3 games. My only concern is how accurate the increased throwing strength and runner speed is. How did you come up with those numbers. It's very difficult to score from second on a base hit to the outfield now. It has to be a very fast runner to get him in. Anyone else had any experiences with this aspect of the sliders.

I've noticed that too. I didn't know if it was just my timing off. Is that ratio between runner speed and throwing strength working for everyone? what is a suggested pitch speed?
IMO the ratio between runners and outfielders throw speed is perfect. But as far as the suggested pitch speed, I'm not sure.

Just noticed something else. I can steal on any pitcher and catcher with average to below average runners. For example, Sheff and Matsui stole third on Josh Beckett throwing 98 mph from the stretch. Everytime. I put the steal speed down to 25, and nothing changed. I'm not good at tweaking sliders, but someone else had to notice this too. I played for a long time with Hoops sliders on All-Star. It was pretty difficult to steal. I liked those alot. Shouldn't the steal speeds, delays, etc translate to MVP level the same?

And why do different levels need different sliders? I wouldn't think the gameplay tendencies would change that much from all-star to MVP. Just better hitting, pitching, and less errors. Can anyone confirm using Hoops all-star sliders on MVP? How did it play?

Archived