D-Unit's MVP Sliders (Updated 8/29)

D-Unit

Are these sliders realistic?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I am creating a set of sliders for MVP Difficulty for MVP Baseball 2005. These sliders apply to the current MVP 06 Mod. I am hoping for people on this site to try them out for themselves (On MVP Difficulty) in a trial of 2-3 games and comment and make suggestions to help make the game as realistic as possible.

These sliders coincide with the following gameplay/visual options: Variable Strike Zone On, Umpire Blown Calls On, Hot/Cold Zones Off, Strike Zone Off, Variable Stuff On.

User Pitch Meter Difficulty +49

User Control +47

User Pitcher Fatigue -24

CPU Control +17

CPU Swing Frequency -5

User Contact -6

User Power -3

CPU Outfielder Speed -5

User Arm Strength +30

CPU Arm Strength +30

User Baserunning Speed +30

CPU Baserunning Speed +30

User Steal Speed +30

CPU Steal Speed +30

User Steal Delay -5

CPU Steal Delay +6

I put the arm strength up because in the game, people like Vlad Guerrero can't reach home plate from the outfield, and that is ridiculous. So I put up arm strength, and if I didn't put up baserunning sliders to counter it, the runners would seem pretty slow.

Keep it up D. People will always be searching for sliders!

You can never have too many opinions on slider sets since they are so personal to what a person 'feels' is proper baseball. No one set is better or worse than another. just different.

• 2 weeks later...

New updates for 8/29: Raised arm strength, and all speed options for baserunners for more realistic throwing arms, more realistic chance for a play at the plate, and speed was raised proportionally to match correctly. Also edited Steal Delay because with the new throwing arms the CPU was getting insanely good jumps and I was getting horrible ones with the best of baserunners and worst of catchers.

Keep it up D. People will always be searching for sliders!

You can never have too many opinions on slider sets since they are so personal to what a person 'feels' is proper baseball. No one set is better or worse than another. just different.

i can't agree more. i've found that not as many people will give feedback as those who will end up using whatever you create, so don't get discouraged and keep up the good work. i like it. does that count? :)

Thanks Joey. Are you playing MVP difficulty too? And what about the game play options and stuff?

Yeah, I play on MVP. Game options: strike zone off, hot/cold zones off, pitch cursor off, MVP fielding, those are really the biggies I think.

Regarding the sliders, I've been playing all of my games with them for some time now and have grown to likie them. They are extremely accurate and I think you have a very nice product here DUnit. Maybe a few more days of testing and you'll have a final product.

Nice work. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived