Forum Fanatics vs. The Boston Red Sox

Yankee4Life

Forum Fanatics shut down Bosox,

Yankee nut wins game, gets ejected

David Ortiz points out at Yankee4Life moments before he charged the mound after him in the first inning of today's game. Ortiz was ejected.

NEWYORK(AP) David Ortiz heard the rumors all week long before this exhibition game with the Mvpmods Forum Fanatics. "Yeah, I heard how this Yankee SOB guy was going to drill me, but I thought it was just talk. I just wanted to come here and play this game and go, but he had other plans."

Forum Fanatic pitcher Yankee4Life did indeed have other plans, as he hit Ortiz right in the back with a fastball with two out in the top of the first in the Fanatics' 5-0 victory over Boston today. "I know what I said about hitting him, but I didn't plan on doing it so soon", the Fanatic pitcher said. "I would have liked to face him a couple more times."

Red Sox manager Terry Francona was outraged and almost was thrown out himself. He argued to no avail that Yankee4Life should have been ejected also. But Francona soon found out he had other things to worry about from him, as Yankee4Life struck out nine Red Sox while only giving up one hit in 6 2/3 innings.

Yankee4Life pushed his luck in the seventh as he faced Manny Ramirez with two out and the Fanatics winning at the time 3-0. Yankee4Life missed the strike zone with another fastball that managed to hit Ramirez in the ribs. "It slipped," said Yankee4Life after the game. The umpire did not agree with his explanation and Yankee4Life was asked to leave the field.

Almost forgotten in this was the offensive display by the Fanatic team. Lead by leadoff hitter Bama, who went 3 for 4 and scored two runs. Olyrunner, snepp, Fred13 and Snash13 each had two hits apiece and Snash also had two RBI's.

BOX SCORE LINK

David Ortiz goes after Yankee4Life

Tebjr doubles in the first off Beckett to give the Fanatics a 1-0 lead.

Snash completes a double play to end the top of the fourth.

Money Ramirez is hit by a pitch in the seventh. Really, this one slipped. :whistle:

Yankee4Life is ejected

Great, rub it in.

Olyrunner singles off Alex Gonzalez' glove in the seventh inning.

MarkB gets Ramirez to ground out to third for the last out of the game.

MarkB reacts as the last out is recorded in the 5-0 Fanatic win.

Game over.

lol y4l, your amazing... even linked it for him.... im gonna applaud you just for that...

Well thanks! Hey, word to the wise, check out all the uniforms by Fizzjob and sandman. Those guys made some fantastic old time uniforms that really got overshadowed by guys like KC and Moser, who made the present day uniforms look so good. Fizzjob and Sandman concentrated on the 40's, 50's and 60's.

Archived