Its annoying

copecowboy

Unfortunatly you'll probably never see a huge compilation like that due to the fact that some Modders are way to protective of their work. Which I can understand.

What do you mean by "annoying as hell to have to install" anyways? I've never really found it "annoying".

Does it make you mad?

Irritated?

Like having a bad rash?

Athletes foot?

Or listening to a woman explain how their day went during a good game? "Yap Yap Yap..."

Getting a piece of sand in your eye?

An itch you can't reach?

Waking up to find a nasty hairball the cat decided to leave for you at the foot of your bed?

Someone eating all of your favorite snack before you get home from work after you've thought about how good it's going to be all day?

The word/s 0wn3d/pwn3d?

kkkerrywoods34?

A dump that just won't happen?

Having plans to drink all day at the beach only to find out the day before that there's an importaint family get together the same day?

Ben Sheets can't get any run support?

Going to the Zoo and finding out the Monkeys are all sleeping?

"Crazy World" anti-smoking commercials?

Anything involving Brittany Spears?

Your favorite NFL teams bye week?

I'm done............

for now. :D

Unfortunatly you'll probably never see a huge compilation like that due to the fact that some Modders are way to protective of their work. Which I can understand.

What do you mean by "annoying as hell to have to install" anyways? I've never really found it "annoying".

Does it make you mad?

Irritated?

Like having a bad rash?

Athletes foot?

Or listening to a woman explain how their day went during a good game? "Yap Yap Yap..."

Getting a piece of sand in your eye?

An itch you can't reach?

Waking up to find a nasty hairball the cat decided to leave for you at the foot of your bed?

Someone eating all of your favorite snack before you get home from work after you've thought about how good it's going to be all day?

The word/s 0wn3d/pwn3d?

kkkerrywoods34?

A dump that just won't happen?

Having plans to drink all day at the beach only to find out the day before that there's an importaint family get together the same day?

Ben Sheets can't get any run support?

Going to the Zoo and finding out the Monkeys are all sleeping?

"Crazy World" anti-smoking commercials?

Anything involving Brittany Spears?

Your favorite NFL teams bye week?

I'm done............

for now. :D

Protection isn't the reason - bandwidth and size it. Imagine putting all the modded stadiums file into one .zip file, it's gonna be around 1gb. The server will break down, and it's gonna cause Trues' money. No one will download it anyways becuz it takes too long.

Stop complaining 'bout installation, it's even more annoying for modders seeing people sound like they're taking these mods for granted.

Yea so what its annoying? Your getting these Mods for Free. Its not like you pay for them. I agree .... installing all stadiums is kinda annoying but why are you installing all of em? Just install the one you want ... and for the cyberfaces....you can just add all of em in .. then re-built

120 isnt that big , ive made much bigger mods for nhl 2004 that completly changes the game to ncaa from teams players menu screens logos, uniforms arenas.

The Biggest Mod Around here is like 75 MB... So its BIG around here ... and you still need the Modders Permission :roll:

I've never thought of it as an inconvenience...if it was I wouldn't do it....

If I sit down to play a game, I usually install a couple of mods first and then play, rather than trying to do it all at once...right now I'm doing Umachines uniforms, I'm about 2/3 of the way through.

the reason there isn't a big compilation is because everyone has there own choice and preference of what they'd like to install.

you on the other hand, are just too lazy too look through the stuff you like and want to install. you just want everything one click away.

120 isnt that big , ive made much bigger mods for nhl 2004 that completly changes the game to ncaa from teams players menu screens logos, uniforms arenas.

Have you ever host a website? Or anything 'bout a server or anythign? Unless you have a huge server like filefront etc. it is just CRAZY to host a 120mb file for so many people to download. I dunno how this site is operated, but is sounds like Trues is paying each month for the host.

You know, expecting there's gonna be 'bout 100-200 people download this "small" file, that's gonna add up to 12-24 gb. Along with all the other donwloads and the forum it self, the bandwidth adds up to 'bout 18-30gb. 40gb of file transfer(bandwidth) at fortunecity costs $50 per month, remember, Trues isn't posting any commerical on this site - he doesn't get anything back for this.

Anyways, if you think it's such a "small" file, you might want to make it and host it for us too ;)

I Second That!!!

Basically what I do is play a franchise mode....

Before each series, I download the other teams jersey's and stadium

For certain games I will cahnge the overlay...

I find it extremely enjoyable to DL a little something every day!!!

It's like baseball Christmas all year round!!!

Praise Be!!

oh and BTW..copecowboy

If you need some tiny little band aids for your fingers from having to click so many buttons form the "annoying" installation I will see what I can do...

what mod is that
I added all of umachines jerseys into one file and created one bat. This way all the teams are updated at the same time. No i didnt release and no I dont need his permission to do this. Its on my computer and in case I have to reinstall or godforbid, reformat, this file is saved on some webspace of mine so I can download it as needed.

Modders do not own the images they "modded". Although I would hate it if someone took something I modded and claimed it as their own, there is nothing I can do.

Anyways, Cope, if you need the mlb update drop me a line on msn and I'll send you the file. Keep in mind its just the player gear in the models.big file for now.

modders do own the images they modded...they made them, therefore they own them...so actually its not cool to do something without asking
sorry, they don't.

when you make a replica of a jersey, you do not own the original image. Let's put it this way. I made a Trappers addon. I don't know the team, the logo, etc. I made the addon for the game. I am not like some of the modders here(and I notice that only the baseball mod community) ask for donations. I have never seen or heard of anyone in the NHL mod community (NHLDepot, DMD, Cyber-NHL) ask for a donation for their mods. Reason? Copyright infringement. You cannot use a registered logo or team name for a mod and ask for "donation". You would be accepting payment for something you don't own. Like if you bought a dvd and decided to invite people over to watch it, that's fine. But you invite people over and charge them money to watch it, that my friend is copyright infringement. It's against the law.

Now, using someone's mod without permission is more of a slap in the face for claiming work is yours when you never made it. It happens. Like if I took Umachines jersey, rezipped it under my name and uploaded it, Umachines cannont sue me or charge me with theft.

sorry, they don't.

when you make a replica of a jersey, you do not own the original image. Let's put it this way. I made a Trappers addon. I don't know the team, the logo, etc. I made the addon for the game. I am not like some of the modders here(and I notice that only the baseball mod community) ask for donations. I have never seen or heard of anyone in the NHL mod community (NHLDepot, DMD, Cyber-NHL) ask for a donation for their mods. Reason? Copyright infringement. You cannot use a registered logo or team name for a mod and ask for "donation". You would be accepting payment for something you don't own. Like if you bought a dvd and decided to invite people over to watch it, that's fine. But you invite people over and charge them money to watch it, that my friend is copyright infringement. It's against the law.

Now, using someone's mod without permission is more of a slap in the face for claiming work is yours when you never made it. It happens. Like if I took Umachines jersey, rezipped it under my name and uploaded it, Umachines cannont sue me or charge me with theft.

No, I can't. And who cares? Nobody is paying me for this. Just knowing people like my unies, and that by making them and being here at this forum, I've been learning so much (remember I originally came here to get tips to work in the Venezuelan league patch), that's enough for me. I try to give credit to people for their work and achievements, if I use them, but it is not a rule. Just enjoy what there is here, a year is very short, and a new version is coming on april.

Archived