Daisuke Matsuzaka Red Sox Portrait

DustinTheWin

Nice portrait even though I think its jumping the gun a little bit.

:offtopic: Don't you think those stats are just a little high for a guy who hasn't even thrown a pitch in the big leagues or even minor league ball yet?

for one, it doesn;t seem to be jumping the gun when even mlb.com says they won and for two it is thr33nil's .mep file i am using so he rated him

The mere fact that Boston had the highest bid in no way indicates that Matsuzaka is going to wind up there next year. It's somewhat more likely, yes, but there's also a good chance that Boras won't like what's ultimately offered in terms of a contract, and DM will return to Japan.

anyway, the point is, if he is going to be in mlb this year, it will be with the red sox. period.

for one, it doesn;t seem to be jumping the gun when even mlb.com says they won and for two it is thr33nil's .mep file i am using so he rated him
I realized that was thr33nil’s .mep that’s why I put a huge :offtopic: in my post.

Also MLB.com didn’t say they won, they said it has been reported by there next door neighbors, sisters, friends, brothers, uncle that used to know a guy that worked with a guy that said they won.

anyway, the point is, if he is going to be in mlb this year, it will be with the red sox. period.
Actually its not “period†no ones even made an official announcement yet. In all likely hood yes it does look like he will end up with the Red Sox’s but no one really knows anything for sure yet. There are just a bunch of rumors flying around right now.

I should apologize though. Being a Yankees fan I’m a little bitter on the whole Matsuzaka subject right now. I’m sorry and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you, I actually hope the Red Sox’s spend $100 million on him (and he ends up sucking harder then Paris Hilton on a night vision camera) just so I can use your portrait. :wink:

dont take this hard I don't really mean it that much but it really isn't a high quality portrait.

Well, neither is the single portrait this thread is devoted to.

And Matsuzaka's portrait id is not 9132 either, that is Mario Martinez's id.

what id should it be then, i went off what it was in th33nil's mep file so i figured it was what it was?

My bad. 9132 was just a number I used a long time ago when I was testing the face and portrait I made. It wasn't used and since it wasn't even known if Matz was coming to the MLB, I didn't post a request.

The portrait I made does look tons better 1X. There just isnt a good pic out there of this guy. BTW, the one I used was from his WBC portrait.

actually, just because the red sox won the bidding doesn't mean that he couldn't be playing for another MLB team this coming year. while that is the most likely scenario, they could trade the rights to him to another team. with the bidding being so ridiculously high, we might actually see this happen. say the mets (who reportedly bid about $40mill) trade a couple players/prospects (maybe a milledge and a heilman) and $40 mill to the red sox for the rights to matsuzaka. why would the red sox do this you ask? 1. they pick up a couple quality players for $10 mill who they normally couldn't have gotten. 2. they get to decide where matsuzaka ends up (aka not the yankees), much the same way the yankees did with sheffield.

Archived