All Four Screens Maker Released!

compmaniac

I have a copy of it...studio 2005, but I don't know where to begin...

I don't think anybody in here is going to teach you Visual C++. And if you're trying to hint that you would like someone to write some code FOR you, you should just try asking. But I don't know how much luck you'll have with that, either.

Just a word of advice - the sheer volume of posts you're making about your AllScreensMaker and its various incarnations... you're kind of overdoing it. It's not like you're violating any rules or anything (except sort of, by posting other peoples' sigs)... but you might wanna cool it.

I know it's exciting for you, and that's okay - it's a mod and you put it together. That's more than I've ever done (as far as this site is concerned). But by talking endlessly about it, making post after post in 100 different threads, you're starting to irritate the moderators/admins and other modders and members.

I'm only telling you this to try to help you out. I'm not attacking you, and I'm trying not to criticize you. You are new(ish) here, and it's obvious that you are excited to be an active contributor to the community. That's a good thing.

...Just try to... I don't know... tone it down a notch? Or twelve?

I don't think anybody in here is going to teach you Visual C++. And if you're trying to hint that you would like someone to write some code FOR you, you should just try asking. But I don't know how much luck you'll have with that, either.

Just a word of advice - the sheer volume of posts you're making about your AllScreensMaker and its various incarnations... you're kind of overdoing it. It's not like you're violating any rules or anything (except sort of, by posting other peoples' sigs)... but you might wanna cool it.

I know it's exciting for you, and that's okay - it's a mod and you put it together. That's more than I've ever done (as far as this site is concerned). But by talking endlessly about it, making post after post in 100 different threads, you're starting to irritate the moderators/admins and other modders and members.

I'm only telling you this to try to help you out. I'm not attacking you, and I'm trying not to criticize you. You are new(ish) here, and it's obvious that you are excited to be an active contributor to the community. That's a good thing.

I'll try to cool down a bit.

Be kind, I could not do a ******* thing when I started modding, folks on the my BBS helped me a lot, and before you knew it I was cracking door games.

did I just say that last part out loud?

Is MinGW just like Visual Studio 2005 but free?

Free and without all the bloat, you should be able to compile any GNU/GPL source you find on the internet.

What I'm doing is going around and finding programs that "sorta" do stuff I want to do and examine the source code to see what makes it tick

any C++ tutorials will do, here is one I liked (for GUI)

http://winprog.org/tutorial/

Btw, thanks for walking me through this...if I have Visual Studio 2005, should I use that instead?

But how do you like draw the buttons, and text, and combo boxes, and select boxes in resource editor?

I click something, and try to draw, doesn't work...

like could you tell me how you got to this step, and approximate the code:

guitt4.png

I do not know how much programing you know, but learning Autoit will help. A lot of what I picked up from Autoit I've also used in C++.

I learned Nsis and Autoit in side and out and them moved to C++.

I'm by no means great or even good with C++, but knowing the two scripting languages has helped greatly

I do not know how much programing you know, but learning Autoit will help. A lot of what I picked up from Autoit I've also used in C++.

I learned Nsis and Autoit in side and out and them moved to C++.

I'm by no means great or even good with C++, but knowing the two scripting languages has helped greatly

I don't know if this is bad, but I can make like a tic-tac-toe or connect-four game in C++...

Could you like kind of walk me through to how you made the screen below:

And also, how did you draw in Resource Editor?

And how would you code things together?

guitt4.png

Btw, thanks for walking me through this...if I have Visual Studio 2005, should I use that instead?

But how do you like draw the buttons, and text, and combo boxes, and select boxes in resource editor?

I click something, and try to draw, doesn't work...

like could you tell me how you got to this step, and approximate the code:

guitt4.png

after you launch the resource editor

click file then new project

then click project then add dialog

now you can click the tools and add them to your GUI

How would i code them together?

1. Like for example, if I click a button, "Hello world." gets displayed in a text box.

2. And should I use Visual STudio 2005 instead?

3. Also, earlier, you told me that MinGW is a lot better than AutoIt in that it gives you a lot more control --- how so?

4. You asked for my C++ skill level...it's not that high...I can make like connect four and tic-tac-toe in console...

5. How would I apply all these newly acquired skills ever in making a mod? (Cuz you've already made all the mods that these skills are mostly for)

1. Could someone please help? I really don't understand how to navigate in MinGW, much less even make a program that displays "Hello world," when you click a button...

2. When you use Resource Editor...how do you change code and stuff? Could you explain step-by-step? (And teach me how to make a program that displays "Hello world" when you click a button?)

3. The tutorial gives me like a whole bunch of code to type...do I really have to type it all...if I have resource editor? And how do I link resource editor and code together? I'm confused...

http://winprog.org/tutorial/simple_window.html

Also, my earlier questions...

How would i relate code and GUI together?

1. Like for example, if I click a button, "Hello world." gets displayed in a text box.

2. And should I use Visual STudio 2005 instead?

3. Also, earlier, you told me that MinGW is a lot better than AutoIt in that it gives you a lot more control --- how so?

4. You asked for my C++ skill level...it's not that high...I can make like connect four and tic-tac-toe in console...

5. How would I apply all these newly acquired skills ever in making a mod? (Cuz you've already made all the mods that these skills are mostly for)

dude it depends on what you make with the Resource Editor on how you include it with the code.

you should really use the tutorial http://winprog.org/tutorial/simple_window.html

that way you understand the concepts behind the GUIs you make with the Resource Editor. Understanding the concepts in the tutorial will help you understand how to put them in your code

dude it depends on what you make with the Resource Editor on how you include it with the code.

you should really use the tutorial http://winprog.org/tutorial/simple_window.html

that way you understand the concepts behind the GUIs you make with the Resource Editor. Understanding the concepts in the tutorial will help you understand how to put them in your code

I'll spend some time reading the tutorial, but

But it doesn't say anything about Resource Editor...so where do I code it? Do I have to open MinGW and the Resource Editor at the same time? How do I link it...

After reading about some programs, I've decided that I'll probably use Visual Basic, even though there's so many dependencies that come with it. Maybe I can learn Basic...and then it'll be easier for me to understand other languages.

By the way, Visual C++ looked too difficult for me.

Also, what kinds of mods would learning this kind of programming really help me in? I can't think of any...

Archived