I know we are working on TC7 and there will be a TC1978

as well as a 1964

The order of is never a for sure thing but that is what is in

the works for TC fans

Also, Hory is making MVP1994 even better. So alot

to look forward for 'Classic' MVP fans!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've actually got a question about '64. Will the uniforms and stadiums be in the default locations? It's nice to be able to click right through, especially if you have to jump out of the game to hit the manager mode for some reason.

While teb (I think, at least) is in the mega-select screen mode, may as well take advantage, right?

Sean O,

That is a good question.

The Stadiums certainly can be done.

But the uniforms in some cases might not have the right features in the default locations such as Number on the front of the Jersey in the right spot. Not sure how important that is.

But we can certainly give it consideration and doing it would be fairly easy but the decision of what do we loose by doing so is the question !!!

I've actually got a question about '64. Will the uniforms and stadiums be in the default locations? It's nice to be able to click right through, especially if you have to jump out of the game to hit the manager mode for some reason.

While teb (I think, at least) is in the mega-select screen mode, may as well take advantage, right?

Here's what I'm doing for the '78 mod:

Stadiums are in their proper locations. Wherever possible, a team plays in its 1978 stadium (e.g. Astros in the Astrodome, Phillies in Veterans Stadium, Reds in Riverfront Stadium, Mariners in the Kingdome, etc.). I've created new stadium select screens for all of the stadiums.

The uniforms were a little trickier. In Total Classics, we typically had a single home and away uniform for each team (in the A & B uniform slots).

Between the work done by Royal Blues, Fizzjob and what I could borrow from Total Classics, I have accurate 1978 uniforms for all of the teams. I wanted to follow the Total Classics model and only allow the 1978 uniforms to be selected. To do this I had to put the uniforms in the A & B uniform slots.

The problem I ran into was that a lot of the 2005 uniforms in the A & B slots have numbers on the front of the uniforms. This caused a problem with some of the 1978 uniforms, which looked different than their 2005 counterparts. What happened was that the numbers on the front (which cannot be removed) would appear on top of the logo or would look out of place on the uniform.

For other uniforms, the 1978 version did have front numbers, but the 2005 uniform did not. After going back and forth about what to do, I finally came up with a compromise. Every team's 2005 home and away uniform (in slots A & B) can be selected. The 1978 home and away (and sometimes alternate) uniform can also be selected. This allowed me to intall the '78 uniform in the proper slot (i.e. with or without front numbers).

• 2 months later...

TC64 is in the final throws of completion. Only very minor aspects remain. Trues is preparing the TC64 overlay as he did for TC78. It is projected to be very similar in the sense that it will be Transparent with bold white letters/numbers and formated similar to TC78. Not sure about the ABC logo but perhaps changed to a NBC or CBS logo. But again very little to no color and graphics.

Have accumulated a great deal of the things that will make up my retirement room such as rugs, wallpaper, stadium seats etc etc. (even an oldtime baseball pin ball machine) -- just haven't bought the turnsytle yet. Unfortunately they are just all piled up in closets at this point except the big screen job which I am using now.

But the real challenge is getting my wife to relinquish any of our kids 4 bedrooms that sit empty these days and have for awhile. You know how Mothers are --- one child is married and living in NYC, one is working for the government in Wash DC - one is off to Law School and the other is working and planning on going abroad for a couple years --- Yet Momma doesn't want to touch a thing in their rooms !!! Go Figure ......... But she's real quick to complain about all the stuff I have jammed in closets ......... she even suggest I build my retirement room in our 2nd home in Baton Rouge (we live in New Orleans) which is 75 miles away ---- does she not understand I plan on spending a Great Deal of time in that room ---- well maybe she does and that is her way of hinting she would rather see me living 75 miles away ---- not really tho -- her brilliant suggestion is to wait until we add on to the house in New Orleans in a year or so. Now how many older folks you know that had 4 kids, each with their own bedroom, grow up and move out then the Parents enlarge the house ??? Not logical in the least to me but again I am 100% a Man (or at least think I am) !!!

Any way - Thanks for Asking - beginning to be a real topic of conversation (loud type) around the house these days !!!

Don

Good luck with that one buddy-My youngest is off to college and won't be home much-but I will be in the same boat I'm afraid. Yeah the add on doesn't make much sense to me either-"women" what do they know?Take care, let's just enjoy playing this '78 mod and the soon to be released '64 season.

Just for the record. I will be starting TC69 this coming week while cruising the Hawaiian Island for 7 Days. Then my final full season mod production will be TC74.

By then the Retirement Room should be ready (who knows where tho?) and then I can sit back; kick up the feet; relax and Enjoy:

61*, 1964, 1967, 1969, 1974, 1978, 1988, 1994 and the real deal Total Classics ...........

Hopefully by then there will also be a 1950?s version released by someone or some group as well as perhaps a few others !!!

What a Life !!!

No, Hawaii will be me & my twins sons ----- the Wife just opened up another business just last week so she is tied down with that !!!

88 is actually being done now but not something I am involved with. It is actually close to being finished I think .............

74 I will do because I really enjoyed those years of the Big Red Machine & the woolly; wild & awesome A's ----- I know the Reds didn't make the Series (the Dodgers did and they had a really good club) but the Reds still had a very good year. Plus being an Astros fan I just have to have a Houston team from the early-mid '70s to mess with. Not to mention that was the year I finally got out of the Marine Corp after 6 years in the Crouch and began following baseball fairly closely from 74-78 or so again almost to the point like I had throughout the '60s.

Archived