Kobe Suspended

Pirate

Let me preface this by saying I hate Kobe.

I never liked him, but the rape accusations and surrounding hoopla made me despise him. He tried to pull the wool over our eyes, he tired to fake his way through being a nice guy. He messed up like so many people do. That is not the problem, it's the attitude he has displayed since.

He tried to buy his wife's love back, he then tried to be thug by covering his right arm in a tattoo, but his play on the court takes it now. There was talk of him having no "street cred," so he became a dirty player. It really hit a head ladst playoffs when his elbows consistantly caught Raja Bell in the throat, so Bell layed the wood to him and Bryant cried, saying Bell "hadn't been hugged enough as a kid," maybe, just maybe it was you Kobe who wasn't hugged enough by Joe "Jellybean,' also known as Dad.

Now Kobe punches Manu twice in a game and says he is shocked that he has been suspended.

Kobe should have been tossed after his first wild hand caught Ginobli in the throat, but the second should have been a one way ticket to the locker room.

I truly wish that Bryant would disappear into the place where Brittany Spears and Anna Nicole have gone.

I agree with Pirate, except I hope he doesn't disappear. I hope he spends the next 10 seasons in the NBA failing over and over again, so that by year 6 he starts hearing the whispers about how "he couldn't do it without Shaq".

I hope Shaq and Wade win another title, Lebron gets one, AI and Melo get one, the Mavs and the Suns win one, Kevin Garnett gets one and then finally the Clippers get one...all while Kobe is stuck in the West getting 6th seeds and getting bounced in the first round or swept in the second.

I hope he retires a cautionary tale of how ego can bring down even the most talented atheletes.

yup, im guessing none of them saw it.

you seriously think it was intentional???

immediately after, kobe goes to manu, checks to see if he's okay, let him know it was an accident

then at start of ot, kobe sees manu wasnt on the floor, goes and asks tim duncan if manu was okay

then, once manu comes back, he goes and asks manu again to see if hes okay

the above posters are just looking for another chance to hate kobe without really researching the incident. they are all avoiding the actual situation, just mainly ranting about his bogus rape charge.

I just looked at the video (on ESPN.com), and I don't see 2 punches. I couldn't tell if the one hit they showed was unintentional or not, though.

EDIT: When I say I couldn't tell, that means I didn't even really see the hit in the video. I could only tell because Ginobli went down.

yup, im guessing none of them saw it.

you seriously think it was intentional???

immediately after, kobe goes to manu, checks to see if he's okay, let him know it was an accident

then at start of ot, kobe sees manu wasnt on the floor, goes and asks tim duncan if manu was okay

then, once manu comes back, he goes and asks manu again to see if hes okay

the above posters are just looking for another chance to hate kobe without really researching the incident. they are all avoiding the actual situation, just mainly ranting about his bogus rape charge.

I hate Kobe as much as anyone...but that was clearly unintentional. I don't see how anybody in their right mind can say he intentionally hit him.

but I hate the Lakers....lets go clippers.

That was wildly INTENTIONAL. No one in the history of basketball follows through on a shot like that. He's an asshole. This won't change it, it only makes him search out the victim role. He's a self absorbed loser.

I watched that game from start to finish and when i saw the punch I said to my wife they should kick his *** out of the game for that. He does that to A cavalier and Anderson Varejo kicks Kobe's ***, does it to Nash and Kobe is Raja Bell's *****.

That was wildly INTENTIONAL. No one in the history of basketball follows through on a shot like that. He's an ****. This won't change it, it only makes him search out the victim role. He's a self absorbed loser.

I watched that game from start to finish and when i saw the punch I said to my wife they should kick his **** out of the game for that. He does that to A cavalier and Anderson Varejo kicks Kobe's ****, does it to Nash and Kobe is Raja Bell's ****.

NBA players flail their arms all the time when the think theres ANY chance of getting fouled to embellish any contact that occurred, especially when they get stripped or blocked.

In the video, Kobe was looking slightly to the left and up at the rim when he shot the ball. Ginobli blocks him from his right AND with most of his body behind him. There's no way Kobe could've seen him peripherally and had no chance of hitting such a precise blow to the face purposely.

And Anderson Varejao??? What???

Archived