A Blue Jays history in uniforms

Royal Blues

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good!

IIRC, all teams except Toronto can have 12 jerseys. For some reason, Toronto can only have 11.

Probably a metric conversion thing. :)

Thanks for clearing that up, by the way, what does IIRC mean? I've often wondered that, I see people post it all the time.

Looking good!

IIRC, all teams except Toronto can have 12 jerseys. For some reason, Toronto can only have 11.

Really!? That would so explain why my game was crashing when I tried to add two of my own jerseys to the Jays.

Does anyone know why this is?

Bully, I just need to figure out the piping and under arm trim for the '03 version. All I see is a red x in your post, but I'm assuming it's the gif from Chris Creamer's site. I've got that, so you don't need to worry about reposting it.

Ozzi, you got it. One question though. The scan of the card looks a little washed out. Is that the same dark blue as the '94-'96 alts (top left corner of second montage pic on the previous page)?

On another note, I got the fonts I needed (a humongous thank you to fizz), so I'll be posting pics of the late '90s-early '00s soon. Does anybody know which slots, if any, have numbers on the front of the jersey?

EDIT: Never mind that last question, I found the slot with front numbers.

It seems as if I've run into a slight issue. Can anybody tell me if slot K has names on the jersey backs? They aren't showing up for me. If that's the case, then we have a choice: numbers on the front with no names on the backs or names on the back with no numbers on the front. I guess when it comes down to it, it's up to the user's discretion.

Sorry guys, but work has severely (and unexpectedly) taken up most of my time the last few days. Believe me when I say these aren't forgotten...in fact, the '80s bp jersey is done. I'll post screens as soon as time allows.

In the meantime, which would you guys rather have for the '90s jerseys: numbers on the front with no names on the back, or names on the back with no numbers on the front? Consider this an impromptu poll. Hopefully I'll have enough responses by the time this is ready for release to make a decision.

In all actuality, as I forgot I'd mentioned in an earlier post, it comes down to which slot you guys install the unis into. What I'll probably wind up doing is name all the home unis and fonts u013a.fsh and f013a.fsh, and the roads u013b.fsh and f013b.fsh, and the alts/bp's u013c.fsh and f013c.fsh. I'll be sure to put each home/road set into its own folder, that way you guys can use FuzzStudio and put them in whatever slot you want. I'll also make sure to note which slot has the front numbers in the readme.

All that being said, I'll post pics (and possibly upload) tomorrow, since I finally get a day off.

Finally, preview pics:

wip04ls2.png

wip05hz7.png

And to showcase fizz's beautiful font work:

fontwip01rp8.pngfontwip02bw4.pngfontwip03rj2.pngfontwip04pg1.png

Here is the 80's bp jersey (I haven't figured out a mesh texture yet, but that might be included in an update at a later date):

bpwip01ye8.pngbpwip02kh8.png

And an alternate jersey for the '97 season that was never used for some reason (the numbers will have a white stroke around them, I just had the wrong font file in when I took the screenshot):

unusedwip01kv4.png

That makes a grand total of 25 uniforms. The only one I didn't do was the '03 bp jersey, but I've made you guys wait long enough. I will do it eventually though, after I fulfill a couple other uniform obligations.

Now all I need to do is make up the select screen portraits, pick and choose accessories, package it all up and upload it. Hopefully I'll be able to do that by late tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

Archived