Watching live baseball . . .

Kappa_ap

This might sound like an odd question, and please bear in mind I live in the UK, but how do you get time to go and see baseball games during the week?

I went to Chicago last year and caught a couple of Cubs games during the week and some White Sox games at the weekend and was amazed at the amount of people that attended baseball games in the middle of the week. Playing games as well, you see weekday attendances around 12,000, or whatever, and never really thought about it.

So, how do you do it? I mean, especially if you work?

I have season tickets to the D-Backs and I just work it into my schedule. My wife bought them for me and we got to them together. There are very few things I'd rather do on a Wednesday evening than go to the ballpark.

I think most people waste more time infront of the TV every night

Hey Pirate, that's great. My wife likes to go to games with me also. We take road trips to various cities to see a game (and the city). Last year we saw games in Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington. Got Philadelphia lined up so far this year. We loved Boston, but that's a long haul.

When you consider, on any given night, you have X amount of people who are local regulars, X amount who are local seeing a rare game, X amount who have bought into a ticket package as a group, and X amount who have traveled long distances, it's not surprising to see attendance in excess of 10,000. Lot of folks in the US of A. :)

Thanks everyone, appreciate the replies, and ...

When you consider, on any given night, you have X amount of people who are local regulars, X amount who are local seeing a rare game, X amount who have bought into a ticket package as a group, and X amount who have traveled long distances, it's not surprising to see attendance in excess of 10,000. Lot of folks in the US of A. :)

... good point.

Can't wait to visit America again sometime soon.

Archived