NASCAR

seanzarelli

Well with the Daytona 500 a mere hour and a half away, I was just wondering how many people on here watch/follow NASCAR. It's hard to believe that I've been watching NASCAR now for 11 years (I'm only 22). I got hooked on it in 96 because my dad and stepmom started watching it, and in 96 went to my very first race at Pocono Speedway also. Unfortunately I first started pulling for Jeff Gordon (that's who both my dad and stepmom liked) but that stopped in 98 when I started pulling for Tony Stewart. Well, that's my story, and if any of you will be watching, I hope you have fun. At least this'll be a Sunday sport you can enjoy for a month and a half until Opening Day. Please April 1st...Get here FAST!

I love NASCAR. Been a fan since 2000. I'm a Dale Jr. fan. Got to go to Talladega last year for the spring race, unfortunately it got rained out. At least I got to hear them start 'em up. We had seats in the 4th row. I can only imagine what they sound like at top speed.

Well with the Daytona 500 a mere hour and a half away, I was just wondering how many people on here watch/follow NASCAR. It's hard to believe that I've been watching NASCAR now for 11 years (I'm only 22). I got hooked on it in 96 because my dad and stepmom started watching it, and in 96 went to my very first race at Pocono Speedway also. Unfortunately I first started pulling for Jeff Gordon (that's who both my dad and stepmom liked) but that stopped in 98 when I started pulling for Tony Stewart. Well, that's my story, and if any of you will be watching, I hope you have fun. At least this'll be a Sunday sport you can enjoy for a month and a half until Opening Day. Please April 1st...Get here FAST!
I watch it every Sunday and I love watching Speed Channels Coverage before the race. I think there is huge misconception that all they do is turn left. I say this because thats what I assumed before I started to follow it. I had a chance to spend a couple of hours with Tony Stewart and he really opended my eyes. I now realize what actually will go into the process of racing that car, and the smallest wrong decision can mean so much. I actually love watching it now, not because of the accidents, but because of the strategy and game within a game.

I love NASCAR. Been a fan since 2000. I'm a Dale Jr. fan. Got to go to Talladega last year for the spring race, unfortunately it got rained out. At least I got to hear them start 'em up. We had seats in the 4th row. I can only imagine what they sound like at top speed.

I'd love to go to 'Dega. That sucks it got rained out on you though. I'm going to try and go to one of the races at Texas Motor Speedway this year, it's just those tickets are so dang expensive. As far as the sound of top speed, it's crazy loud, but exhilarating at the same time. The seats I used to have at Pocono were about 200 feet from the start/finish line, right when all the cars were peaking at their top speeds.

I'd love to go to 'Dega. That sucks it got rained out on you though. I'm going to try and go to one of the races at Texas Motor Speedway this year, it's just those tickets are so dang expensive. As far as the sound of top speed, it's crazy loud, but exhilarating at the same time. The seats I used to have at Pocono were about 200 feet from the start/finish line, right when all the cars were peaking at their top speeds.

How much are tickets going for at Texas? We got the tickets at 'Dega for $75. I thought that was pretty good for seats at the pit row exit.

Just starting them up had the stands vibrating. Top speed has to be awesome.

How much are tickets going for at Texas? We got the tickets at 'Dega for $75. I thought that was pretty good for seats at the pit row exit.

Just starting them up had the stands vibrating. Top speed has to be awesome.

About $60.00 for the cheapest tickets on the backstretch, but you'd be so low you wouldn't be able to see anything else. The most expensive is over $130.00...Good seats that allow you to see everything start at about $90.00 before your convenience charges.

I watch the Daytona and Talladega races when they come around. I just reinstalled Nascar Racing 2003 and looking for mods (paints,tracks,etc) If anyone plays that game still and knows of any sites let me know.

www.masgrafx.com

It's the MVPMods of NR2003

BTW, NR2003 Season is amazing, I actually just reinstalled it myself about 2 weeks ago. Do you ever play on the Sierra servers?

www.masgrafx.com

It's the MVPMods of NR2003

BTW, NR2003 Season is amazing, I actually just reinstalled it myself about 2 weeks ago. Do you ever play on the Sierra servers?

If I get better at it I will. I dont want to go in there and wreck people. Thanks for the link. superspeedway.net has a conversion mod but I havent really messed around with it yet.

If I get better at it I will. I dont want to go in there and wreck people. Thanks for the link. superspeedway.net has a conversion mod but I havent really messed around with it yet.

I was actually scared about wrecking people too, but I started racing on them just for the heck of it, and actually got invited to join a couple leagues. As for the SS Conversion, I'll have to check it out.

Archived