12 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Sucks
    • 2 - Don't expect much
    • 3 - Solid team
    • 4 - Good, but not great
    • 5 - Capable of winning it all

publicleagueteamnz1.jpg

I like the pitching but I feel like my offense needs work.

Available Hitters:

Geoff Jenkins - OF - MIL

Aaron Rowand - OF - PHI

Craig Monroe - OF - DET

Chris Burke - 2B, OF - HOU

Jeremy Hermida - OF - FLA

Available Pitchers:

Anibal Sanchez - SP - FLA

Rafael Soriano - RP - ATL

Jeremy Sowers - SP - CLE

Greg Maddux - SP - SD

Brad Penny - SP -LAD

I'm thinking about dropping Escobar for Sanchez? And I'm gonna try and trade Varitek for something better since being a captain means jack in fantasy baseball.

Another thing, Escobar's numbers are better than Lowe's. They might have about the same ERA right now, but Lowe's will probably only get worse as he ages, and Esobar Ks more guys. So if you're gonna drop one, I'd go with Lowe. And I'm assuming Holds aren't a stat? If they are, definitely pick up Soriano.

I'm not really looking for power, Sizemore had 28 HR and has a ton of upside, and Sheffield should have some power left, anywhere from 25-35 HR would be reasonable in a soild lineup. And then there's Dye, if my trade falls through.

As for pitching, I really like it. I got 4 guys with 200 innings logged, and two just under the mark. And only Cain had an ERA at 4 or higher. And everyone besides Escobar is around 15 wins, and I got some good K guys.

Putz might not be as valued as Mo because its Yankees closer versus the Mariners Closer but in fantasy, its all good.

Putz might not have a low ERA as his, but the K's will be there. Probably as Mo ages, he could slip a little. in each category, but not by much.

What about Zumaya for Lowe? Zumaya should be closing this year, and his rating doesn't reflect that so it could be a potential steal for me...I would add Nomar and try for Putz but he already has Ortiz, Delgado, and Cuddyer at first.

What about Zumaya for Lowe? Zumaya should be closing this year, and his rating doesn't reflect that so it could be a potential steal for me...I would add Nomar and try for Putz but he already has Ortiz, Delgado, and Cuddyer at first.

From what I've read in the Detroit news papers and other various magazines, I have heard no mention of Zumaya being closer or put into the role in season (it still could happen). Todd Jones will start the year as closer, but if he slips up I don't know if Leyland will let Jones fight through his struggles like he did last year, make Rodney closer, or make Zumaya closer. If Zumaya was put into the closer role, he would instantly be a top 10 closer, in my mind.

hrm.. I don't like relying on someone loosing their job because you never know when it might happen. See if yoou can get an actual closer whos 2-3rd tear.. lke maybe a valverde or Fuentes.

Archived