OF: Josh Willingham

BN: Bill Hall (3B, SS)

BN: Nomar Garciaparra (1B)

BN: Kevin Youkilis (1B, 3B, OF)

BN: Ian Kinsler (2B)

BN: Kenny Lofton (OF)

SP: Roy Halladay

SP: Jeremy Bonderman

RP: Eric Gagne (Yes, taking a big chance with him)

RP: Derrick Turnbow

P: Chris Young

P: Curt Schilling

P: Derek Lowe

P: Adam Wainwright

This is a 12 team league and I ended up with the last pick in the 1st round.

No utility? If there is, I hope Hall is occupying it. Other than that, I'd consider using Kinsler as your everyday 2b. You drafted well in terms of offensive depth, as you have at least 1 backup for every position. However, you desperately need another closer, as Turnbow won't be the closer this year unless Cordero is hurt. You've got plenty of options as trade bait. This is definitely one of the most solid fantasy teams I've seen yet. Just find another closer (scour the FA pool for Torres, Dotel, Broxton, etc.) and see what you can find.

No utility? If there is, I hope Hall is occupying it. Other than that, I'd consider using Kinsler as your everyday 2b. You drafted well in terms of offensive depth, as you have at least 1 backup for every position. However, you desperately need another closer, as Turnbow won't be the closer this year unless Cordero is hurt. You've got plenty of options as trade bait. This is definitely one of the most solid fantasy teams I've seen yet. Just find another closer (scour the FA pool for Torres, Dotel, Broxton, etc.) and see what you can find.

Yes, I wasn't paying attention, Hall is actually in the Utility spot...As far as closers...It was tough to find one as I had to wait 22 players in between picks and I actually had to take Turnbow in the 12th round, that's how fast closers went in this draft...But another closer is definitely something I will be trying to trade for. Thanks for the comments by the way.

SP should be ok. RP is pathetic, tho. Why did you not pick up Otsuka? Seems like that should be a given that you should take him.

I thought Otsuka was already taken, turns out he wasn't, so I requested to drop Turnbow and pick Otsuka up. By the way, in the league, there was a guy that drafted the entire Tigers team. And this is a H2H league.

Trust me, usually every year I have at least 1 team like that, and it's never worked. :) Never works for fantasy basketball either.

Well, hopefully you get Otsuka. I still think you'll need another closer. While you should get every potential save from the Rangers if you get Otsuka, I don't think that'll be enough to win the category consistently.

Archived