This is our year! 2007 Los Angeles Dodgers

bob44

Do you think the Dodgers have the players to win the world series this year ?  

107 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

Game #4 against Florida. Dodgers take the series 3 games to 1 with a 10-3 victory. Brett Tomko pitched an amazing game ! He pitched a perfect game through the first 7 innings and had 10 strike outs !! I could tell he was tiring down extremely, but with a huge lead and the perfect game i left him in for the complete game. He ended up giving up 3 runs and 7 hits in the last 2 innings, but he toughed it out and finished with 12 k's. The Dodgers continue their surprising power surge with 6 homers today !! Garciaparra (12), Ethier 2 (10), Martin (6), Kemp (3) and Saenz (2).

Dodgers hit back to back to back Homers in the top of the 6th :)

a.jpg?t=1177184247

Brett Tomko had a perfect game through 7 Innings with 10 K's (Heres the box score heading into the bottom of the 8th)

c.jpg?t=1177185330

Nice Play......(Saenz grabs the hot shot to first and fires it home to Martin for the out at the plate)

b.jpg?t=1177184808

Los Angeles vs. Florida

1k.jpg?t=1177183401

Series MVP = Wilson Betemit (7 for 11) 2 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs, 4 runs, 8 RBI's

Schedule for May........

picture401.jpg?t=1177183836

Standings........

picture402.jpg?t=1177183873

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game #1 Cincinnati vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers start their home stand with a 3-1 victory over the Reds. Derek Lowe was strong, pitching 7 innings, giving up only 1 run on 7 hits with 7 K's. He moves to 4-2 and lowers his era to 2.44. Furcal ends a 0-21 drought with a solo shot in the bottom of the bottom of the 6th. Broxton and Saito finish another game easily. Saito picks up his 11th save of the season and lowers his era to a nice 1.20.

Furcal ends his horrible 0-21 drought with his 4th homer of the year to put LA up 3-1 in the 6th

picture416.jpg?t=1177207240

Game #2 Cincinnati vs, Los Angeles. The Dodgers win again, but it was a close one, 5-4. The Dodgers were up 5-1 going to the 8th and the reds scored once in the 8th and 2 runs in the 9th to make it exciting. Schmidt gets the win to go to 4-2 and Saito gets his 12th save of the year. Juan Pierre continues to struggle going 0-4 and lowering his average to .216. The Dodgers are an impressive 27-10 now after winning 11 of 12 !!

Pretty impressive start for Tomko there, was he just mowing down batters or what?

It was great, i really thought he was gonna get the perfect game. If he wasn't striking someone out and they actually made contact, they were all easy outs. Like foul pop-outs or ground balls right to the infielders, it was too easy. When i took the screen shot of the line score going into the bottom of the 8th, i had a weird feeling i jinxed myself, and sure enough the first batter in the 8th Mike Jacobs got a single to left field :( .

Game #3 against Cincinnati. The Dodgers look ugly today. They lose the final game of the series 6-2. Brad Penny started well, but struggled in the 5th and 7th innings. He falls to a disappointing 2-4 on the year. Furcal and Pierre continue to struggle badly....both going 0-4 today. The Dodgers are doing great this year, but they can look forward to more loses like the one today if these guys can't get on base.

Jeff Kent makes a nice diving stop early in the game.

1m.jpg?t=1177270654

Cincinnati vs. Los Angeles

1l.jpg?t=1177268746

Series MVP = Takashi Saito (2 IP, 4 hits, 0 Runs, 1 K, 2 saves)

Schedule for May........

picture429.jpg?t=1177269255

Standings........

picture430.jpg?t=1177269236

Game #1 St. Louis vs. Los Angeles. This was a very strange game. First of all looking at the pitching match-up, it seemed to be a sure win for LA. The Dodgers sent out Randy Wolf (5-0 2.57) vs. Anthony Reyes (0-6 9.87). Second of all, Dodgers get out to an early 4-0 lead, game over right? Wrong the Cardinals light up Dodger stadium with 13 runs and 20 hits !! St. Louis wins it 13-6. Another crazy thing in this game was the struggling Rafael Furcal hit 3 solo home runs !! Dodgers have been winning like crazy, but 2 straight ugly loses at home have them worried. Luckily the rest of the West is just playing average and the Dodgers still hold a 7 game lead over second place Arizona.

Dodgers are up 4-0, but here's the start of the downfall. Cardinals load the bases with no-outs and go on to score 5 this inning and 13 in all.

picture443.jpg?t=1177292533

Rafael Furcal hits 3 solo home runs today !! He almost doubled his season total of 4.

picture438.jpg?t=1177292617

Wow didn't know Raffy had that kind of power! BTW waht grass mod is that, it looks pretty hot!, also where'd you get those background menu screens?

#1 Ya, i cant believe Furcal has 7 homers. Lately hes not hitting, but when he connects, its a deep fly ball.

#2 I used the universal grass changer ver. 1.1 right here grass changer

#3 I did all the background menus myself. I found a bunch of Dodger pics on the internet and replaced pretty much every single background menu with a Dodgers picture in my game :) . I made them last year when i started modding, i cant even remember how i did it. Think i used ea graph and bigGUI.

#1 Ya, i cant believe Furcal has 7 homers. Lately hes not hitting, but when he connects, its a deep fly ball.

#2 I used the universal grass changer ver. 1.1 right here grass changer

#3 I did all the background menus myself. I found a bunch of Dodger pics on the internet and replaced pretty much every single background menu with a Dodgers picture in my game :) . I made them last year when i started modding, i cant even remember how i did it. Think i used ea graph and bigGUI.

Cool thanks!, I think I'll use that grass for my Dodger stadium update. I would love to see you release those background screens. I've got the 07 mod. It has nice screens but I can't stand another Yankee screen lol. If you forget how to mod them or repack it's no biggie though.

Game #2 St. Louis vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers get back on track with a nice 5-0 victory over the red birds. Brett Tomko pitches a complete game shut-out, following his last start were he pitched a perfect game through the first 7 innings. It is his 3rd complete game of the year in only 6 starts !! Today he gave up 9 hits and had 5 K's. Tomko is now tied with Randy Wolf for the best records on the Dodgers staff at 5-1. Rafael Furcal leads off the Dodgers half of the first with another home run !! He has 5 homers in the last 5 games for a total of 8 on the year.

Game #3 St. Louis vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers win a close one in exciting fashion. LA was trailing 4-1 in the bottom of the 6th and with only 3 hits at the time, looked like they had no chance. Dodgers slowly creep back with a couple singles and doubles to tie the game at 4-4. Then Russell Martin hits a 2 out 2-run homer to put the dodgers up 6-4 !! Going into the top of the 9th, Dodgers are up 6-5 with Saito coming in to close out another one. With one out, Gary Bennett comes to the plate and hits a game tying solo shot to center field. To the bottom of the 9th.....6-6........first pitch.....BAM solo home run from Russell Martin, #2 of the game, Dodgers win 7-6 !!!! :)

Russell Martin is congratulated at home plate by Rafael Furcal, after his game-winning homer on the first pitch in the bottom of the 9th !!!!

1q.jpg?t=1177647707

St. Louis vs. Los Angeles

1p.jpg?t=1177646692

Series MVP = Rafael Furcal (6 for 12) 4 Home Runs, 2 SB's, 5 Runs, 4 RBI's

Schedule for May........

picture474.jpg?t=1177646750

Standings........

picture475.jpg?t=1177646786

Game #1 Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Dodgers take care of their crosstown rivals 8-3. The game stayed close through 7 innings as the Dodgers were leading 3-2. They pull away in the 8th with 2 runs and another 3 in the 9th. Jason Schmidt pitches well, giving up only 2 runs in 7 innings and earns his 5th win of the year. Nomar once again has a big game. He goes 3 for 5 with his 15th homer of the year and 3 more RBI's for a total of 46 this season. He raises his amazing batting average to .399 :) .

Rafael Furcal makes an amazing diving play and throws the runner out by inches !!

1r.jpg?t=1178089222

Game #2 Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Dodgers win their 4th game in a row, with a 2-0 victory over the Angeles. Brad Penny who has struggled this season, was excellent today. He pitches 7 innings, giving up 0 runs and only 4 hits while striking out 3. Once again, Broxton and Saito close the game out easily. Saito earns his 13th save of the year. The duos era's are great - Broxton (1.72) and Saito (1.50). The 2 runs the Dodgers scored were on duplicate plays in the 2nd and 4th innings. Jeff Kent hits a double, Luis Gonzalez flies out and DH Matt Kemp hits and rbi double. Exact same scenarios for the only runs of the game :) .

Game #3 Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. This was a very exciting game. Dodgers and Angels were all tied up 1-1 in the 8th inning. Dodgers load the bags with 1 out, get a sac fly from kent and a rbi single from gonzalez to go up 3-1. In the bottom of the 9th Saito comes in for his 14th save but struggles. The Angels load the bases with only 1 out, then Saito strikes out Chone Figgins. Now bases full 2 outs.....Gary Matthews Jr. singles to left field, one runs scores.....its 3-2......Howie Kendrick rounds 3rd base....Luis Gonzalez (not with the strongest arm in the world) fires the ball home.....Martin tags out Kendrick about 1 inch before home plate.......bang - bang play........Dodgers WIN !!!! :) This is the first time i've throw out the tying run at home plate to end the game, it was great !!!!

Randy Wolf makes a great defensive Play

1t.jpg?t=1178433017

Angels load the bases in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs against Saito, get a base hit.....one run scores.....and then Gonzalez throws out the tying run at home to end the game !!!!

1u.jpg?t=1178433423

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

1s.jpg?t=1178431492

Series MVP = Jonathan Broxton ( 3 IP, 4 hits, 0 runs, 0 bb, 4 K's ) Broxton pitched scoreless 8th innings in all 3 games of the series

Schedule for May........

picture523.jpg?t=1178431628

Standings........

picture524.jpg?t=1178431660

ROSTER MOVES

Rudy Seanez sent down to AAA

Chin-hui Tsao called up to MLB

Chad Billingsley sent down to AAA

Andy LaRoche called up to MLB

I am going to try 15 position players and only 10 pitchers on my roster. I don't have room for all the players I want to use, but the starting pitching has been good enough, I think i'm fine with 5 relievers.

Game #1 Milwaukee vs. Los Angeles. This was a nice revenge game :) . Dodgers started out the season losing their first two games of the year in Milwaukee, and barely winning the third game comeback style 5-4. Well since those first two loses Dodgers have been 32-10 and now 1st place Milwaukee comes to LA. The Dodgers destroy them 12-0 !! Andy LaRoche in his first big-league game goes 3 for 4 with a single, double, home run, 3 runs and 3 rbi's :) . Tomko moves to 6-1 by pitching 6 innings and giving up only 3 hits and 0 runs. He also recorded 7 K's.

Andy LaRoche had a big day in his Major League Debut, including this 4th inning 2-run Homer !!

1v.jpg?t=1178473830

Game #2 Milwaukee vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers lose a heart-breaker. Derek Lowe pitched a fantastic game. Then something strange happened in the top of the 8th. With the dodgers leading 1-0, Craig Counsell hits a harmless pop-up behind first base. Nomar gets under and somehow drops the ball. Counsell was hustling on the play and on his way to 2nd base already. So Nomar picks up his dropped ball and fires it to 2nd base. The throw is rushed and goes all the way into foul territory between LaRoche at 3rd and Gonzalez in left field. Counsell keeps running hard and easily scores the tying run. This was unbelievable, Derek Lowe had a 3 hit shut-out with 11 K's going into the 8th and a pop-up ties the game. We end up going into extras and Mark Hendrickson gives up a run on two hits in the 10th and the Brewers shut down LA in the bottom of the 10th to win it 2-1. Very rough game, Dodgers hope to bounce back today in the rubber match from this strange lose.

Nomar drops an easy pop-up in the 8th, then throws the ball away and Counsell scores to tie the game 1-1

1w.jpg?t=1178672757

Game #3 Milwaukee vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers destroy the Brewers today 13-3. It started off looking bad though. Top of the 1st, Jason Schmidt gives up back-to-back-to-back homers, brewers up 3-0. Then in the bottom half of the inning LA scores 4 runs ! Schmidt settled down and pitched the next 6 innings giving up only 1 hit and 0 runs. The Dodgers kept hitting all day, ending up with 13 runs and 18 hits ! Nomar and Kent both had 4 rbi's today.

Andre Ethier hits a monster shot !! 460 feet and almost out of Dodger Stadium !!

1z.jpg?t=1178944488

Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

1y.jpg?t=1178942995

Series MVP = Dodgers as a team. Offense scored 26 runs and had 44 hits. Dodgers pitching staff gave up only 5 runs and 19 hits.

Schedule for May........

picture601.jpg?t=1178943055

Standings........

picture602.jpg?t=1178943094

Game #1 Chicago vs. Los Angeles. Dodgers take this one easily over the cubbies 6-1. Brad Penny pitched well and finally gets to the .500 mark on the year at 4-4. Juan Pierre played a good game going 2-4 with a triple and 2 rbi's. Were sticking with him because of his speed, but he still has the lowest batting avg. in the starting lineup at a sad .229 :( .

Archived