This is our year! 2007 Los Angeles Dodgers

bob44

Do you think the Dodgers have the players to win the world series this year ?  

107 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be done, in your dynasty.

Is this dynasty on rookie because when i do a dynasty with them they are never this good.

My dynasty is on PRO level and i adjust the sliders here and there against me. I played ok at the beginning of the season, then i started winning all the time, and now i'm starting to struggle a little bit.

Game #1 Houston vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers blow this one. LA had a nice 3-0 lead and end up losing 6-4. Dodgers have now lost 3 in a row......4 out of their last 5......and 11 out of their last 17. Randy Wolf has a bad game. He goes 6 1/3 giving up 5 runs on 10 hits. Luis Gonzalez played well, hitting a 3 run homer in the 1st, to put LA up 3-0. LA has given up 56 hits in their 3 game losing streak, an average of almost 19 hits per game !! They also have given up 30 runs, an average of 10 per game. LA will send Tomko to the mound tomorrow to try to stop this horrible losing streak.

The Astros celebrate after their 6-4 victory at Dodger stadium tonight.

picture647-1.jpg?t=1188171972

Game #2 Houston vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers lose their 4th game in a row tonight. Astros take it 6-4. LA has a 3-0 lead over Houston for the second straight game and lose it 6-4 both times. Brett Tomko pitched well for 7 innings and left the game tied 3-3, Beimel gives up a run in the 8th and Billingsley gives up 2 in the 9th and gets the loss. The Astros hit 3 homers tonight and the Dodgers get one from Russell Martin, his 22nd of the year.

Andre Ethier makes an awesome catch deep in left field and then doubles off the runner at second base with a good throw.

5w.jpg?t=1188843388

Game #3 Houston vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers lose their 5th game in a row tonight !!!! LA had the lead 4-2 in the 9th with Saito on the mound. He gives up a rbi double and then a 2 run homer to pinch hitter Jason Lane. Dodgers lose 5-4. This was his 3rd loss and 3rd blown save of the season now. Derek Lowe pitched great, 8 innings, 2 runs on 9 hits and 6 K's. Dodgers will send Jason Schmidt to the mound to try to end this 5 game losing streak and avoid a 4 game series sweep at home to the Astros.

Astros manager Phil Garner argues a call at second base and gets thrown out of the game.

picture667-1.jpg?t=1188845609

Game #4 Houston vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers finally win a game, 5-0 over the Astros. Jason Schmidt does exactly what the Dodgers needed.....complete game shutout!! 9 innings pitched, 10 hits, 0 runs and 4 K's. Juan Pierre goes 4 for 4 with 3 triples and a single today. Nomar Garciaparra goes 2 for 3 with 3 rbis. He now has 123 rbis after 122 games this season. LA welcomes the 2nd place Colorado Rockies in for a 3 game weekend series next.

Juan Pierre has an awesome game, first 3 at-bats were all triples !!

picture672.jpg?t=1188845986

Houston vs. Los Angeles

5x.jpg?t=1188845894

Series Mvp = Jason Schmidt (9 IP, 10 hits, 0 runs, 4 K's, 1 CG, 1 Shutout) "stops the dodgers 5 game losing streak"

Schedule for August........

picture678.jpg?t=1188845930

Standings........

picture680.jpg?t=1188845955

First time checking out this dynasty and I must say, this is one of the best I've seen so far. I'll be following this one for sure.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks!! I think people started losing interest because i was wining so much. But i have been losing a lot lately and the main thing is this dynasty will be finished!! I've actually played 5 more games i haven't posted yet, so now i only have 35 games left this season :) . The playoffs should be good.

Game #1 Colorado vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers pitch their 2nd straight shutout tonight and win the game 2-0. Brad Penny pitches the complete game shutout and only gives up 5 hits. Russell Martin hits a double and triple tonight and scores the only 2 LA runs of the game. The young guys Kemp and Loney had 1 rbi each.

Brad Penny gets hit by a line drive, yet still throws the runner out at 1st.

5z.jpg?t=1189744606

Game #2 Colorado vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers win their 3rd game in a row tonight after losing 5 in a row. LA takes it 5-2. Randy Wolf has a good game tonight and Broxton and Saito finish it off. The Dodgers hit 3 home runs tonight....Andre Ethier (21); Jeff Kent (24); James Loney (9). LA sends Brett Tomko to the mound tomorrow to try for the 3 game sweep.

Game #3 Colorado vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers sweep the series with a 12-7 victory in tonights offensive battle. Tomko only gives up 2 runs through 7 innings, but Scott Proctor gets destroyed giving up 5 runs on 6 hits in the 9th inning. Juan Pierre and Luis Gonzalez both have amazing games tonight. Pierre goes 5 for 5 with 2 singles, 2 doubles, a homer, 3 runs, 3 rbi's and 3 stolen bases!! Gonzalez goes 3 for 5 with a double, 2 homers, 2 runs and 6 rbi's!! The Dodgers now travel to Philadelphia for a 3 game set.

Juan Pierre has a fantastic game tonight !!!!

picture704.jpg?t=1189744653

Colorado vs. Los Angeles

5y.jpg?t=1189743782

Series MVP = Dodgers starting pitchers (3 games, 3-0, 1 CG, 23 IP, 13 hits, 4 runs, 0 bb, 9 K's)

picture706.jpg?t=1189743925

Standings........

picture708.jpg?t=1189743968

Game #1 Los Angeles vs. Philadelphia. The Dodgers win their 5th game in a row after a 5 game losing streak!! LA wins this one 7-0. Derek Lowe pitches the complete game shutout. 9 IP, 6 hits, 0 runs, 0 bb, 6 K's. Dodgers rack up 18 hits tonight, 7 of them doubles and 1 homer by Luis Gonzalez. Lowe is now 14-4 with a 2.46 era. He may be the Cy Young this year :) .

Luis Gonzalez hits his 28th homer of the season tonight !!

picture713.jpg?t=1189746936

Game #2 Los Angeles vs. Philadelphia. This game was a complete opposite of yesterdays game as the Phillies take down the Dodgers 8-0 tonight. Philly gets 16 hits and LA gets only 3. This was the worst offensive game for the Dodgers all season, just 3 singles and no runs. Jamie Moyer throws the complete game shutout with 4 K's for the phillies. Jason Schmidt has a horrible game, going just 5 innings, giving up 7 runs on 13 hits.

Philadelphia had an easy time beating the Dodgers tonight.

picture717.jpg?t=1189747339

Game #3 Los Angeles vs. Philadelphia. This was a wild one. The game went back and forth and the Phillies end up on top 14-13. The Dodgers were up 7-0 in the 3rd inning and Brad Penny gives up 8 runs in the bottom of the 3rd!! Dodgers come right back to tie it 8-8, then phillies go back up 9-8. LA went up 13-9 but gave up 3 runs in the 8th and Saito with a 13-12 lead in the 9th, blows his 4th save of the season giving up 2 runs. LA is struggling this month at 10-11. They now travel to New York for a 3 game weekend series with the Mets.

Juan Pierre hits a 3 run double in the 6th to put LA up 11-9.

picture766.jpg?t=1189828108

Los Angeles vs. Philadelphia

6a.jpg?t=1189828141

Series MVP = Nomar Garciapara (7 for 13) 2 doubles, 1 homer, 4 runs, 4 rbi's

picture782.jpg?t=1189828222

Standings........

picture784.jpg?t=1189828254

Earlier in the season it looked like LA was on pace to easily beat the Seattle Mariners insane record of 116-46. Now i don't think theres any way that will happen.....LA would have to finish the season 30-4 to finish 117-45.

LA Dodgers Monthly records.......

April = 17-9

May = 22-5

June = 22-6

July = 16-10

August = 10-11

Total = 87-41

The Dodgers were good in April, tore it up in May and June, were ok in July and are struggling in August.

Only 34 more games :) The playoffs are getting close, should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened? This dynasty was cool

Thanks for saying this dynasty is cool. :) I've been working a lot of overtime every night at work the last 2 weeks and i have to work on Saturdays too. So i've only had Sundays off and ive been watching football, and that made me want to start a 2008 Madden dynasty. Don't worry i love this game.....it will be finished for sure. I've played a few more games, just haven't posted yet. My OT will be done for now after this Saturday, so i will get back to playing and posting soon. I'm getting so close to the end, only like 30 more games......i can't wait to get to the playoffs. :)

Archived