This is our year! 2007 Los Angeles Dodgers

bob44

Do you think the Dodgers have the players to win the world series this year ?  

107 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

Game 3 against San Diego = Jason Schmidt in his 3rd start as a Dodger finally gets a win, with a gem. 8 IP 2 hits allowed 5 K's 0 BB. Dodgers win 3-0, take the series 2 games to 1, and have a tie for first place !

San Diego vs. Los Angeles

1111.jpg?t=1173765740

Series MVP = Nomar Garciaparra - ( 6 for 12 ) 2 2B's & 4 RBI's

Schedule so far....

picture181.jpg?t=1173765995

Standings

picture182.jpg?t=1173766043

3 WAY TIE FOR FIRST, 2 WEEKS INTO THE SEASON

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out for the Pirates during that weekend series. i just sweapt the Dodgers behind my top three starters... Snell had a no hitter through 8 and 2/3rds, but gave it up to PH Kemp. Damn.

If this game is any nod to true season there will be a lot of first to third advancements on the weak throwing arms of the Dodgers. And whoever said it earlier... the Dodgers have no power.

And whoever said it earlier... the Dodgers have no power.

Ya we dont have a lot of power, but i've hit 12 hr's in 12 games so far. Hopefully garciaparra and kent will get 20-30 hr's. Maybe Gonzalez, betemit, ethier and martin can get about 20.....hopefully one of them at least.

keeping it true to life, per dodgers.com, bills will not be a starting pitcher this year

I saw that last night, im trying to decide who to start......tomko, hendrickson or bringing up Kuo. I may go with tomko, his last appearance he went 2 innings gave up 1 hit, and had 3 k's. Then when the season starts, i will go with who they choose as #5.

Game #1 against Arizona was ugly. Dodgers end up losing 6-3 and Brad Penny is now 0-2 with an era of 5.00 after 3 starts this season. The bright spot was Furcal, raising his average to .397 with 2 triples and he now has 10 rbi's in 13 games at the lead off spot ! This is only a 2 game series, will post box scores after next game.

Game #2 against Arizona. The Dodgers sit 4 starters this game, and the bench comes through with a 7-2 victory. The Dodgers give up 18 hits to the d-backs, yet allow only 2 runs! Johnathan Broxton gets out of a bases loaded jam started by Elmer Dessens in the bottom of the 7th, to earn his 3rd victory of the year, more than any starter !

Los Angeles vs. Arizona

1a.jpg?t=1174192469

Series MVP = James Loney ( 2 for 4 ) triple, hr, 2 runs, 1 rbi (first start of the year collects first 2 hits of the season and scored first 2 runs of the game for the dodgers)

Schedule so far.....

picture193.jpg?t=1174192510

Standings

picture194.jpg

ROSTER MOVES

Chad Billingsley sent to the bulpen

Brett Tomko named 5th starter

Yhency Brazoban sent down to AAA

Hong-Chih Kuo called up to MLB

Marlon Anderson sent down to AAA

Matt Kemp called up to MLB

Game #1 against Colorado was a fun game. 6 homers in the game, 3 for each team. Dodgers take it 9-5. Brett Tomko in his first start of the season pitches a complete game with 10 k's !! He gave up 2 solo shots in the 1st, went 7 scoreless innnings, then gave up a 3 run shot in the 9th with 2 outs. Dodgers scored 8 of their 9 runs in the first 3 innings. Dodgers sit in a tie atop the west with the Giants at 9-6.

Game # 2 against Colorado. The dodgers take first place all alone up top at 10-6 with a 3-1 victory over Colorado and a 2 game series sweep. Derek Lowe picks up his first win of the season, with great pitching and hitting! LA has a season high 3 game win streak and are heading home to face the Pirates in a 3 game weekend series.

Los Angeles vs. Colorado

1b.jpg?t=1174260742

Series MVP = Derek Lowe ( 8 IP 7 hits 1 ER 8 K's) First win of the season ! (2 for 3) single, double, 1 RBI

Schedule so far.....

picture207.jpg?t=1174260828

Standings

picture208.jpg?t=1174260860

Well the real Dodgers named Brett Tomko the #5 starter now, i already made that change as you can see above. Just got my new ram installed today, so about to start weekend series with pirates. Had some technical difficulties with my computer this last week.

The Dodgers take game 1 against the Pirates 5-1. Jason Schmidt pitches a complete game to move to 2-0 on the season with a 2.37 era. He had a shut-out through 8 2/3 but an Adam Laroche single scored the Pirates only run. Dodgers stay on top of the west with their 4th win in a row to move to 11-6 on the year.

JUST PLAYED A VERY EXCITING GAME !!!!

Dodgers and Pirates - game #2. The contest was tied 1-1 in the top of the 7th when Jack Wilson hit a one out GRAND SLAM off of Brad Penny to go up 5-1. Dodgers edged closer in the bottom of the 7th with a Pinch-hit 2 run homer from Matt Kemp ! Hong-Chih Kuo in his first appearance of the season pitched a scoreless 8th and 9th inning, giving up only 1 hit. Bottom of the ninth.....New-comer Bradly Clark earned a lead-off walk, Martin and Saenz then both strike out. 2 outs Clark on first and Andre Ethier hits his 2nd homer of the game and #3 on the season to tie the game up 5-5 !! Then pinch hitter Garciaparra hits a single, Pierre singles.....then Furcal off the bench singles in Garciaparra for the 6-5 win, raising his season average to .367. Dodgers win their 5th game in a row with 4 straight hits with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, and now own a 12-6 record tied with the Twins for the best record in the big leagues !!

Jack Wilson's Grand Slam

42.jpg?t=1176269438

Andre Ethier's game tying 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th

43.jpg?t=1176269573

Rafael Furcal's pinch-hit game winning single, and Garciaparra rounding 3rd for the win !!

4.jpg?t=1176269481

Game #3 against Pittsburgh. The dodgers win this one easily 6-1. Randy Wolf moves to 3-0 on the season with a 2.25 era ! The dodgers are on a roll and waiting for the Giants to come into town, after a day off.

Pittsburgh vs. Los Angeles

11111.jpg?t=1175571408

Series MVP = Luis Gonzalez (5 for 7) 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 runs, 4 RBI's, 1 bb

Schedule so far....

picture230.jpg?t=1175571451

Standings

picture231.jpg?t=1175571478

Is anyone following my dynasty ? Its been a long time since i've had any comments. Trust me, if you are watching, my dynasty will be completed. I will play games as much as possible and try to stay ahead of the real life dodgers in games played. I'm going to keep the rosters pretty accurate, copying any trades, not necessarily every single call up and down but close. Let me know if i can do anything that would be more interesting, besides the box scores, series mvp, schedule and standings. Thanks if your watching, i'm having fun playing.

Watch out for the Pirates during that weekend series. i just sweapt the Dodgers behind my top three starters... Snell had a no hitter through 8 and 2/3rds, but gave it up to PH Kemp. Damn.

If this game is any nod to true season there will be a lot of first to third advancements on the weak throwing arms of the Dodgers. And whoever said it earlier... the Dodgers have no power.

You had an easy time with the Dodgers and i had an easy time with the Pirates :) And as for no power, the dodgers hit 5 homers in the series, Pirates only 1 :p

Game #1 San Francisco vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers win their 7th in a row with a 4-1 victory over the hated Giants ! SF lost their 5th in a row :) . Brett Tomko is now 2-0 since becoming a starter. Andre Ethier hit 2 homers in the game and now leads the team with 5 home runs and 13 rbi's on the year.

Game #2 San Francisco vs. Los Angeles. The Dodgers win streak of 7 finally comes to an end. The Giants beat the Dodgers 3-1. Barry Zito was very strong for the Giants, while Derek Lowe was a bit shaky falling to 1-2 on the year. Barry Bonds goes 0-4 with a K in the victory, following a 4-4 performance the day before in a Giants loss, Weird :) .

Game #3 against the Giants. Dodgers get crushed, look bad with a 7-1 defeat. Dodgers have now lost 2 in a row after a 7 game win streak. Matt Cain pitched great for the Giants, while Jason Schmidt struggled against his old teammates giving up 7 runs and 9 hits in 7 innings pitched, and earned his first loss of the season to move to 2-1.

San Francisco vs. Los Angeles

1e.jpg?t=1175995019

Series MVP = Andre Ethier (4 for 11) 2 HR's, 2 RBI's, 2 Runs

Schedule so far........

picture254.jpg?t=1175995070

Standings........

picture255.jpg?t=1175995101

Archived