Interesting political question

Kccitystar

Do you think the US president should be of a certain level of intelligence? I mean I was thinking about Bush, and I realized I'm really confident that, while a mediocre writer, I can deliver a better persuasive essay than he can.

There's no proof of this, of course, but I'm somehow pretty sure. I also feel that I can solve more complex math problems than he can, will make fewer mistakes in reciting the multiplication tables, am better with logic puzzles and problems, can beat him in a spelling or geography bee, and have a better understanding of US and world history.

I'm willing to bet that most of you feel the same way, whether you are a fan of the man and his administration or not.

So it made me curious: should there be a required level of intelligence, no matter how debatable its measurement, for the US president?

Have you looked deep into what we get as elected politicans today? We have lost our way. We keep electing the same people over and over again.

I gave up on the Democratic and Republican party a few years ago. Being an elected politican takes more of a sense of right/wrong/conviction and the truth.

What we get today is party first, the people second, a distant second. I hold my nose when I vote. Don't know what the answer is but Gore, Bush, McCain, Kennedy, Clinton, etc., don't care how "smart" they are if they don't have integrity.

You're asking for a meritocracy- which will never happen in this country. It's not about smarts, its about how having the most political backing, power, a sh1tload of money. Just look at what Hillary is doing- paying of 200 grand to people that will support her. Ever wonder why nothing in this country ever changes? Why the hell did it take over 100 years to give blacks first class citizenship (assuming they even have it now, which i doubt)

What you need, I'm beginning to think, is a president who is charismatic, sincere, and can deliver a good speech, who only has to be smart enough to fill his cabinet with intelligent people.

I agree. Whoever a man has around him the most will influence him the most.

Archived