fred13

I can't wait to see this. Let's just hope it doesn't disappoint.

The hope is that it's at least historically accurate. It seems like Hollywood is trying to make history trendy and cool. Not a bad thing if it's accurate and they don't bastardize it.

Its about how 300 Spartans fought an army of 1 million Persians and won. (which is unfortunate as I have Persian Ancestry).

To be honest though, I'm not really going to see this for historical accuracy, even though that would be nice, I'm just going for the graphics and cinematography.

Its about how 300 Spartans fought an army of 1 million Persians and won. (which is unfortunate as I have Persian Ancestry).

To be honest though, I'm not really going to see this for historical accuracy, even though that would be nice, I'm just going for the graphics and cinematography.

yea for a movie like this which is most likly extreme action it wouldnt matter if it wasnt accurate it still would be good to see.. Now if Titanic wasnt accurate and the boat didnt hit the Iceburg and everybody saftley and happily arrived at New York then it would be wierd and bad

Its about how 300 Spartans fought an army of 1 million Persians and won

that's not how it was..

the 300 spartans died fighting off that many people; however, they weakened the persian army enough for the army of Sparta to defeat the Persians.

The 300 Spartans also had some allies with them which does make the story a little more dramatic in the movies, lol

but im still lookin forward to it

The hope is that it's at least historically accurate. It seems like Hollywood is trying to make history trendy and cool. Not a bad thing if it's accurate and they don't bastardize it.

You know its going to be skewed in favor of entertainment. This is Frank Miller. Remember Sin City? Thats what I expect.

A little hint it is extremely Hollywood-ized.. All the Spartans fight in basically underwear and a cape. Yeah.. they didn't go to war like that.

Still can't wait to see this movie. Could be the best of the year in my book.

It's about the battle of Thermopylae (sp?)? That should be good, but they are gonna Hollywood-ize the heck out of it.

Been waiting for this movie for about a year already.

If i remember correctly in a behind the scenes look at the movie, they wanted historical accuracy.

Movie looks great. I cant wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

"Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC, an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian army at the pass of Thermopylae in central Greece. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the enemy in one of the most famous last stands of history. A small force led by King Leonidas of Sparta blocked the only road through which the massive army of Xerxes I could pass. After three days of battle a local resident named Ephialtes betrayed the Greeks, revealing a mountain path that led behind the Greek lines. Dismissing the rest of the army, King Leonidas stayed behind with 300 Spartans and 700 Thespian volunteers. Though they knew it meant their own deaths, they held their position and secured the retreat of the other Greek forces. The Persians succeeded in taking the pass but sustained heavy losses, extremely disproportionate to those of the Greeks. The fierce resistance of the Spartan-led army offered Athens the invaluable time to prepare for a naval battle that would come to determine the outcome of the war.[1] The subsequent Greek victory in the Battle of Salamis left much of the Persian navy destroyed. Xerxes was forced to flee to Asia and left his army in Greece under Mardonius, who was to meet the Greeks in battle for one last time. The Spartans and other Greek allies assembled at full strength and decisively defeated the Persians in the Battle of Plataea, putting an end to the Greco-Persian War and with that, Persian expansion into Europe.

The performance of the defenders at the battle of Thermopylae is often used as an example of the advantages of training, equipment and good use of terrain to maximize an army's potential, as well as a symbol of courage against overwhelming odds. The heroic sacrifice of the Spartans and the Thespians has captured the minds of many throughout the ages and has given birth to many cultural references as a result."

it looks good visually, however i think it will be very bad. just because it's frank miller doesn't mean it will be any good. sin city was robert rodriguez with the help of tarantino and miller, which i'm guessing is probably better than what 300's got.

Archived