"300"

DJEagles

Yes, Thank You.

Cause how can anyone believe the Immortals where that ugly and monstrous.

That's what cracks me up. Everyone is offended about the color of the Persians skin, etc...but nobody mentions the 7 - 8 foot "monster" that was in it...or the "Hunchback" from Sparta....

Thats' what cracks me up.

I'm not saying its the movie's fault it is portrayed that way, but maybe Frank Miller could have shown some respect for one of the greatest dynasties since the origin of civilization, the Persian Empire made several key contributions to society still appreciated today. That's what I find disrespeful and when the book is made into a movie it reaches a much larger population, I'm sure millions of people who have never read the book, will go and see the movie and then believe that that is actually how we acted.

I think it is safe to believe that the Persian army did not have people with crab hands or cyclopses.

I liked the movie alot, but they should have added more realism in it

As someone mentioned before it is STRICTLY based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller. In addition, the dialog was transferred from the comic book as well. So, there is no additional or so to speak original dialog in this. I hear what your saying about historical accuracy, but that is not what this is supposed to be, at all. You can already tell by the way it is shot, that we are dealing with a comic book.

I actually got bored with this movie. Go ahead, flame me, but after the first huge battle, I really started losing interest in it. Granted I'm not an avid movie watcher/goer, but I think all the hype this movie had is what ruined it, because I was expecting more and it just didn't have it. Definitely only a 3 out of 5 in my eyes. And I feel like I wasted my time with all the boobs in the movie, very pointless.

BTW, here's a picture of you 7ft Uber Immortal (The Giant)

062.jpg

Former WWF Wrestler, Kurrgan

The Departed really was an excellent movie and deserved the Oscars it received. Top-notch acting all around.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend another movie that was released shortly afterward...The Prestige.

I disagree, The Departed was good for the first half hour and then it went downhill. There were plot points in the movie that disappeared towards the end (what was with that pyschiatrist? the love triangle was pointless with how the movie ended, what was in that envelope?), characters leaving and then making dramatic comebacks (Marky Mark, Matt Damon's old partner, and the black cop who went through training with Leo) That was definitely not the best movie of last year. I was severely disappointed with that film.

The Prestige was also no where near the quality of film as The Illusionist. The Prestige just kept hammering home the fact that Hugh Jackman was obsessed with Christian Bale. After watching the movie I felt like I had been lost in the woods for hours and wound up right where I started. Nothing was really resolved, Bale's talent as an actor were severely restricted. If you had never seen him act before you would rate him as mediocre at best. That movie needed a lot of work.

It's rated R for Retarded...That's all you need to know...

No, I'm just kidding, even though I honestly didn't like it. Anyways, the R rating is for Language, Violence/Gore, and the totally unnecessary Nudity scenes (3 in total).

Many thanks. I'll look into 23 and the movie called shooter. Thanks again.

Archived