.::Washing Out::.

MarlinsMS_35

[align=center]titlecf4.jpg[/align]

espnbaseballez4.jpg

image2uc0.jpg

I made this move to dump off some salary, and bring in some strong young relief pitching. I'm actually surprised they accepted it. But hey, i won't complain.

Wow! This has got to be the first time I have seen the computer make a deal where they will be adding on to their payroll.

Fast Forward

September 1st, 2007

Key Acquisitions:

SP Rick Vanden Hurk

RF Dolph Kolb (16 yrs old)

SS Alfredo Amezaga

CF Alfonso Soriano

SP S. Elbert (19 yrs old)

Key losses:

CF Nook Logan

CF Alex Escobar

SS Felipe Lopez

SP Greg Maddux

CF Mike Cameron

Record 48-86, Last, NL East

It was tough, but we had to dump off veteran salary, we wont be very competitive for the rest of the year [i'll sim to the off-season] but we hope to make a splash in to off-season, and amp up our pitching staff. And with Soriano, yes he carries a hefty salary, but he's signed for 7 years, and we wont have to worry about negotiations with him for a long time.

Final record 60-102

Off-Season Summary

Released

T. Womack

Signed

2B Kowie Hendrick

RF Xavier Nady

1B Kevin Youklis

Trade

To CLE:

A. Soriano

K. Youklis

R. Vogelsong

To WAS:

G. Seizmore

P. Byrd

J. Westbrook

To CHC

C. Cordero

To WAS

F. Pie

We had a disappointing season, but I feel we addressed some key needs in the off-season, and drafted some strong young pitching.

[align=center]titlecf4.jpg

[/align]

I was sitting in my office today, looking around it, just trying to relax after an off-season of hysteria. This just makes me want to get out there more and more. I looked up at my poster of Mario Lemieux, former Pittsburgh Penguin, and then it hit me. I don't know how I'd stack up against some of these players, and I don't want to take the spot of a qualified player. I don't know how I could possibly make this work, but I'd like it too. I also don't want to seem like another one of those crazy GM's throwing a publicity stunt, although it might turn into one. I'll be an outfielder, I'm more valuable there. I'll try it out in Spring Training and see how I don. I'll make a decision on whether to stay GM/player or just GM.

[/align]

I was sitting in my office today, looking around it, just trying to relax after an off-season of hysteria. This just makes me want to get out there more and more. I looked up at my poster of Mario Lemieux, former Pittsburgh Penguin, and then it hit me. I don't know how I'd stack up against some of these players, and I don't want to take the spot of a qualified player. I don't know how I could possibly make this work, but I'd like it too. I also don't want to seem like another one of those crazy GM's throwing a publicity stunt, although it might turn into one. I'll be an outfielder, I'm more valuable there. I'll try it out in Spring Training and see how I don. I'll make a decision on whether to stay GM/player or just GM.

A GM/Player? You gotta be kidding me! Nice spin MMS35! (sorry, I didn't feel like typing it out!)

espnbaseballez4.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SILBERLING'S DEBUT TO AIR ON ESPN(HD)[/align]

On March 5, 2007 Nationals GM/player Michael Silberling will make his major league debut in a spring training. Nobody knows if he will play in the regular season, and those questions will be answered once we see how he preforms. Our scouting reports from practices show that he gets along with the players very well, and this might just boost up team chemistry as well. He is an on and off hitter, but when he's on, hes unbelievable. He has great range in the outfield, and a gun for an arm. His real test will be the game, which will be aired right here on ESPN.

[align=center]SILBERLING'S DEBUT A DUD[/align]

Silberling's Spring Training Debut as a Washington National didn't turn out how he wanted it too. He went 0-2 with 1 walk. Of course his hitting hasn't been the main spectacle of his abilities. He showed us why the rumors spreading around of his rocket arm, and great fielding reactions came from. He was a monster out there in center. Now the main question is, will Silberling slot himself in the lineup, or will he give way for the more experienced, and overall more talented Grady Seizmore. We will now play the waiting game.

80941493sj3.jpg

Silberling watches on as he makes his first appearance in the field.

57100079bg6.jpg

Silberling tracks down a ball in the 3rd.

FAST FORWARD: End of Spring Training

[align=center]SILBERLING MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT[/align]

He's promised us that after spring training was over, GM Michael Silberling would make an announcement on his playing status for the Nationals. Many rumors swirling around is that he will trade Grady Seizmore, so he can take over in center. However that did not turn out to be true. Here is the transcript of the very short press conference.

Silberling: Thank you all for coming today, and before we get into questions, I will answer what is on everyones mind. Our starting center fielder next year WILL be Grady Seizmore. He is better qualified for our team, and I'm not going to put myself in front of the team. During spring training it seemed like I was doing that, and I promise that will not happen again. However I will be a bench player, and if I'm ever needed, I can go into the game. My full attention will be on being GM of the Washington Nationals. Now on to questions.

(You guys are up, ask away)

Grady has traditionally been used as a leadoff batter, but has the pop of a middle-of-the-order bat. Where do you see Grady batting this year?

Well, Grady is an amazing all-around player, and I'm very excited to have him playing for us. This year I expect him to hit second or third in the order, but it's something the me and Manny will have to decide on before we open up against the Dodgers.

titlecf4.jpg

I just got the call from NBC, and excitingly accepted the invitation to host SNL this saturday. I guess I'm becoming a national figure now. I like it :D. I hope I can live up to what Peyton Manning did a few weeks ago. That was laugh out loud funny. Especially the basketball halftime meeting one. "I just thought about going out there for the second half, and a little bit of pee just came out." I couldn't strop laughing. i can't even believe this is happening, it's amazing. ESPN is going to be all over this. This is what the site looks like now.

mesnlcq1.jpg

I have no idea why Molly Shannon the scheduled host was unable to do it. I won't mind as long as long as it's not something serious. I can't wait for this, I'm pumped.

[align=center]titlecf4.jpg[/align]

Even though the score doesn't show it, the game was a pitchers duel, we had some breaks go our way, and so did they. I love the intensity, it's a lot different when your in the dugout, in full uniform, then in a suit and tie in a box.

mvp20052007051210052596ja3.th.png

It was great defensive plays that made Westbrook's job much easier

mvp20052007051210310767xl9.th.png

Zumaya closes out the game for the win.

Archived