Dynasty Manager

compmaniac

Would you like an easily customizable dynasty page for people with dynasties here, on mvpmods.com?  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I would use it! I don't like posting my dynasty in threads!
    • No, I wouldn't use it! I would rather post my dynasty in a thread!

Currently, Trues is trying to make a dynasty manager for mvpmods.com.

I'm trying to help him, by creating something like it.

Here's the project about 5% done: http://mvpmods.awardspace.com/

When it's actually done, you'll be able to add your game recaps, box scores, and more, so people can keep track of your dynasty! It'll be a personalized page where you can post recaps, box scores, and more!

I hope that when it's done, Trues will let me host the files here at mvpmods.com, for easy access for all the users here, so you don't have to post your dynasties in threads.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks.

Thanks. I just need some suggestions though. Like what would you want on it? Just exactly what they have at dynastymanager.com? Lineups? Recaps? What other suggestions?

What kind of layout? (I'm kind of bad at Photoshop and creativity.)

This is basically going to be a tool for dynasty people to create dynasty pages without posting them in threads instead. They'll be easily able to post box scores, recaps, etc. This is not for my own dynasty. This is for people to create their own dynasty pages easily.

Thanks for the help.

Made a very important update!

Changes I made to the main page: http://mvpmods.awardspace.com/:

1. If you click on the picture thumbnail, you'll get a larger view of the picture without loading another page!

I added the following page: http://mvpmods.awardspace.com/manage.php:

1. Now you can add/edit the recap that's shown on the front page!!!!!

I'm going to continue adding things.

What features do you guys want? Lineups? Rosters? What?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Do you think many people here would use this tool if it were hosted on mvpmods.com upon completion?

I would use it as long as it has the all the things on dynasty manager including the things you have to pay for. Also, people will probably use it and it will make the dynasty sub-forum a lot less crowded as a result of you making this "dynasty manager". By the way, I was wondering how long it will take you to make this? Can't wait!

I would use it as long as it has the all the things on dynasty manager including the things you have to pay for. Also, people will probably use it and it will make the dynasty sub-forum a lot less crowded as a result of you making this "dynasty manager". By the way, I was wondering how long it will take you to make this? Can't wait!

All of them? What would be the most important ones besides depth chart, do you think?

If this dynasty manager is accomplished, won't it take away the artistic ability in dynasties (such as joerudi and redsox)?

If you guys want, I could put artistic things in if you send me graphics and tell me where you would want to put it.

Looking at the poll, I'm not sure if it's worth continuing this project.

If this dynasty manager is accomplished, won't it take away the artistic ability in dynasties (such as joerudi and redsox)?

In my opinion, I think it will be a huge step for mvpmods.com as it becoming a dual site. It could be like dynasty manager, but it could have all the mods. Just my opinon. By the way Comp, when will this be done? I am just wondering.

In my opinion, I think it will be a huge step for mvpmods.com as it becoming a dual site. It could be like dynasty manager, but it could have all the mods. Just my opinon. By the way Comp, when will this be done? I am just wondering.

Well, first I have to wait for people's opinions and poll results, because right now, I'm not sure if it's worth continuing, because I have to spend a lot of time in this.

However, if a vast majority of people are for it, it might get done within a month.

Yeah you are right RmembrZito75, it will be a huge step but if it takes artistic ability in dynasties as oxbay said all the dynasties will be the same, just text, results, in-game pictures, same standings graphics, same lineup graphics. No more Play-by-play things made in Photoshop, etcetera.

man, i'd definitely use this. i've always wanted to post my dynasties here, but my lack of knowledge on building great dynasty pages makes it harder for me. but if you do, i'll be using this. btw, another thing, is there a way you can add a place in the page for the boxscore?? or possibly even a link to the new Boxscore Uploader that we got up already. thx a lot

Yeah you are right RmembrZito75, it will be a huge step but if it takes artistic ability in dynasties as oxbay said all the dynasties will be the same, just text, results, in-game pictures, same standings graphics, same lineup graphics. No more Play-by-play things made in Photoshop, etcetera.

So would you like it if I put the option of play-by-play things in there? Or do you just not like it because everybody's page would be roughly the same? Do you want every person to have his/her own creativity? Thanks.

So would you like it if I put the option of play-by-play things in there? Or do you just not like it because everybody's page would be roughly the same? Do you want every person to have his/her own creativity? Thanks.

I dont like it because it will have minimal diference with the other dynasties as you have said in question number 2 and 3.

Why do people follow dynasties?, because every dynasty has it's personal touch, some have great graphics like lineup cards (Joe Rudi's and redsox's dynasties for example). That's my view point.

OK. Sorry to the guys who wanted it, but I don't think I'm going to continue with this project, because only a little more than half the people here want it, and since not a lot of people make dynasties and post them anyway. I feel as though I would be wasting my time, because the part that is already completed already took me a long time.

Once again, sorry to the guys who wanted this project to continue, but I've scrapped it, unless people really want it.

I read HFLR's comments, and I feel he is right, that most people read dynasties mostly because they have good graphics and layout.

- compmaniac

Archived