The Streets Bleed Red: A 2007 Phillies Season

xcrunner4623

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang man. Utley is on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins Batter of the Month.

I just don't know what it is. Utley always gets pitches across the middle of the plate or up and in. I just turn on em and they are home runs. He has 12 home runs and 16 RBIs. Every hit with him is either a solo homer or a single. No in betweens. I can't hit a lick with Ryan Howard, but hopefully that will change.

I really want to have some closer games, and this time I got out-hit, but still I was able to get out of a bases loaded jam facing Miggy Cabrera.

I just noticed that many of my home runs are nearly to the same spot.

It changes a lot, I used to knock the cover off the ball with Helms and do absolutely nothing with Howard, now that's reversed. What I do with Howard is I use the power swing and wait and see if it's an inside pitch or an outside pitch. If it's an inside one I aim to pull it, and if not I wait on it and try to crush it the other way.

It changes a lot, I used to knock the cover off the ball with Helms and do absolutely nothing with Howard, now that's reversed. What I do with Howard is I use the power swing and wait and see if it's an inside pitch or an outside pitch. If it's an inside one I aim to pull it, and if not I wait on it and try to crush it the other way.

By power swing you just mean to hold the joystick in the direction of where you think the ball will be right? Cause I do that anyway, and Howard's strike zone is so big that I can't read a high fastball and I get called on it, then I try to hit the next one, and it's right out of the zone and I miss it completely. Howard has to be leading my team in Ks.

This dynasty is still lookin good, utley is doing amazing.

Thanks for checking in. Utley like I am saying is hitting only like .250, but has 12 HRs and 16 RBIs. I don't manufacture runs other than HRs with him. Even when I try to bleed one into the gaps, it ends up over the wall. Utley is a good source for me since Ryan Howard isn't playing up to my expectations, I mean he has 7 HR and 16 RBIs, but his AVG is horrible. The injury bug always gets me as I have Burrell and Bourne injured, so I have to start Dobbs in left. The joy.

Thanks for checking in. Utley like I am saying is hitting only like .250, but has 12 HRs and 16 RBIs. I don't manufacture runs other than HRs with him. Even when I try to bleed one into the gaps, it ends up over the wall. Utley is a good source for me since Ryan Howard isn't playing up to my expectations, I mean he has 7 HR and 16 RBIs, but his AVG is horrible. The injury bug always gets me as I have Burrell and Bourne injured, so I have to start Dobbs in left. The joy.

Yeah i was gonna ask how Howard was doing because he wasn't on any of the recent post game recaps.

Yeah i was gonna ask how Howard was doing because he wasn't on any of the recent post game recaps.

He's only been like 1-for-4 or 0-for-4 in the past couple games. His average is dropping to the Mendoza Line. I am at work right now, so I can't really check his full stats, but it's getting down there. I know Victorino has about three triples, and Burrell is stroking a bunch of doubles.

I am also going to raise the sliders even more, because at 20-5, I have to be quite ahead in the NL East. It just seems like I dominate at which ever level I play on, no matter the sliders. I mean of course if I put everything for me at -50 and everything for the CPU at +50, things could be different.

There ya got more runs!

That's for sure. Dobbs is an unsuspecting power source. His stance is so conducive to belting home runs anywhere if the pitch is up and in or across the plate somewhere. His home run in this game was a really high shot that I just saw my runners starting to trot so I knew it was out, but I had no idea.

Howard played alright for me. I used your trick about guessing where the pitch was. I roped a single. He now has 13 RBIs, nothing special. Dobbs has 11, with 5 in the last two games. I am starting him in left because Burrell and Bourne both got injured. That makes it real fun. They were only injured like 5 games each so I can't really bring anyone up. Off to San Francisco. Will play the games tomorrow.

That's for sure. Dobbs is an unsuspecting power source. His stance is so conducive to belting home runs anywhere if the pitch is up and in or across the plate somewhere. His home run in this game was a really high shot that I just saw my runners starting to trot so I knew it was out, but I had no idea.

Howard played alright for me. I used your trick about guessing where the pitch was. I roped a single. He now has 13 RBIs, nothing special. Dobbs has 11, with 5 in the last two games. I am starting him in left because Burrell and Bourne both got injured. That makes it real fun. They were only injured like 5 games each so I can't really bring anyone up. Off to San Francisco. Will play the games tomorrow.

Sounds great! And don't worry, it takes a while to start hitting with Howard. Also, I agree about Dobbs, it is very easy to hit for power with him.

I realized a mistake on my game card from last game. Hamels is now 3-2 on the year. It does not show his record on there. Let's see how Garcia handles the Braves in the finale tonight. I am also bumping it up to MVP. Keep your fingers crossed.

Archived