MVP Baseball 2005 - Rumors, Facts, Fantasies

poonani

i completly 100% agree....that is an incredible idea, with all the addons...it would definatly make the game a quick best seller...so what if it comes out a week later, amonth later even....dam if the game owould have all of the things in the wishlist it would be the best baseball game in history!!!! im in all support of this letter!!!!

definetly more classic teams/stadiums

What I would really love to see is a bunch of deadball era teams,

09 tigers,06 cubs,11 A's,12 Red Sox,19 WSox etc and the appropriately tweaked datafile to simulate the playstyle of this era(bunting/stealing/spike flying baserunning etc)

Throw is some nicely detailed large stadiums the ability for the ball to become lopsided and blackened(from chewing tobacco spit)as the game progresses :p

Then do the same for the 20-30's era,the 50's,60's and 70's

:D

I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about the horrible ball physics in some areas.

-The ball should not hit the outfield wall and stay within 2 inches of it no matter what the angle. It should be able to bounce back towards the infield. Right now it stays very close to the warning track.

-Can we get some shots down the line for once? Please? The ball barely gets passed the 1st/3rd basemen as it is, and if it does it always dies out less than halfway up the outfield.

-More bloop hits that actually land over the infield. I hate having to make the infielders slow via sliders just so this can somewhat happen.

-Fixed trajectory of some HR shots.... most HR's in the majors land just barely over the outfield wall... I'd say about 10 ft passed it. Not every HR is 473 ft...

-Bring back the "No Doubter" HR cut scenes... but implement them in the manner High Heat had them in 2004.... MAN... that was just sick to see a player pose for a split second, then try and run down a HR you knew was gone.... :mrgreen:

-How about some actual working freaking WIND?!? Let it affect the ball!

-There need to be a few more hits down the line that actually land fair. I can't tell you how many hits I've had that land "just" foul.... :banghead:

-Can we get a Madden like franchise? I'd LOVE to have a radio show similar to the Fan (WFAN here in NYC) that I can just listen to while doing 'chise stuff...

:D

WISH LIST:

into the classics/old time, as many of us are:

* DO NOT take out anything

* add 50 - 100 more (keep the currents) HOF players

* add a few more classic stadiums (ebbets, etc.)

* 2-3 choices for retro uniforms for most teams

* to have best of five or seven game series/playoff matches

with teams you choose

* to be able to customize leagues. 16, 8 etc.

* TO BE ABLE TO UPLOAD any roster/league file from mvp 2004 to

mvp 2005

PLEASE consider!

Also:

this is a little different, but for the game to have an 'automatic walk'

selection meaning (only if chosen or turned 'ON' like errors, etc.) for

random walks to players. there are simply not enough walks and many people who play are not patient pitching and batting. nothing too extensive, but- so that it happens after a 'pitch'.

based of course on pitcher control and the batters

on base %. of course nobody wants to walk batters and

may feel this may be not for them. but, as in real baseball nobody walks

players too often on purpose. they happen and are often part of rallies.

just a thought. but of course the 'option' to turn it on or off.

Thank You

haven't heard anything, but I know that it will be a great game, cuz 2004 is already a good game, so any improvement to 2004 ( which will be 2005 ) will be great.

uhm.. nba live 2003 was a good game, but 2004 sucks; madden 2004 was a good game but 2005 sucks...

so u have to hope that ea won't ruin even mvp baseball

Some of the features from the old High Heat are definitely needed in MVP2005.

On my wish list are:

1. The ability to play as any team anytime in the schedule in Dynasty, especially in the playoffs.

2. The ability to trade players and keep the rosters up to date in Dynasty throughout the season.

3. Rain actually falling with rain delays and games called.

4. More classic stadiums but without the stupid faded colors. Ebbets Field in HH was great. First time I ever saw it in color.

5. More variations in weather and wind and having them affect play. You can't play Wrigley Field without the wind, guys. It just ain't done. Of course in Wrigley I suppose you ought to have fans knocking the ball out of Alou's mitt too or black cats running across the field.

Archived