1978 Classics Question

Chicago11

I got the classics version 7, 1961, 1967 classic seasons to work....However, the 1978 season keeps giving me a mvp2005.exe error. What can I do to correct this? I have the most recent 1978 season release. Any resonable suggestions are most appreciated.....Thanks

I got the classics version 7, 1961, 1967 classic seasons to work....However, the 1978 season keeps giving me a mvp2005.exe error. What can I do to correct this? I have the most recent 1978 season release. Any resonable suggestions are most appreciated.....Thanks

A few questions:

1. When exactly do you get this error (i.e. what are you doing when it occurs)?

2. When did you download the 1978 mod and how did you install it (using the installer or manually)?

3. Did you install this on top of a clean MVP2005 install (or a copy of a clean install)?

The Mariners game ticket appears then I see quickly I believe a player sliding(?) then comes the error mvp2005.exe error.....

I d/l the most recent version without the dll problem....installed it manuallly.

Manually installed over the 1961 season....

Manually installed over the 1961 season....

I'm guessing that this is the problem. It's likely that there is a file conflict somewhere. Your best bet is to reinstall the 1978 season mod on top of a clean, patched (if you had patches installed) version of MVP 2005.

I have enough hard drive space, so I have a clean, patched version that I never use. It's sole purpose is so that if I want to install a new single season mod, I can simply make a new copy of it and install the single season mod onto the new copy.

The installer is the easiest way to install the 1978 season mod, however, if you are going to install manually, make sure that none of the files you are trying to overwrite are set to be read-only. The installer does check for the read-only status of a file and it if finds one, it will temporarily change the setting, copy the file and then set it back to read-only mode.

Jim:

I have taken your advice and kept a clean copy of mvp baseball 2005 on my computer....now I will use the copy to get the classics to work.

The 1978 classics works perfectly now....this mod is GREAT...Thank You for your help............. :balloons:

• 1 month later...

Jim,

I reinstall 1978 and I've gooten it to work. Somehow the datafile doesn't seem to have any effect. Shouldn't that be in the Data folder? Is that the one that supersedes all others? The Data.txt into the Data folder?

Also, I started with injuries on? Is this going to lock up my game? I want some variability.

Thanks Jim, I love the mod except the datfile has terrible ball physics.

Turn off the injures if you want the 1978 roster to stay the same (i.e. realistic) all year long. Otherwise the CPU will sign free agents that shouldn't be available, which will screw things up. The last thing you need is your big rival signing Albert Pujols on July 1st.

All those modern players (the 50 All-Stars of 2005) can be removed from the 78 rosters if they are deleted from attrib.dat and the rosters are reimported into mvpedit and exported.

Also, I noticed the all-star teams were done within mvpedit (instead of manually editing them) which is why there are two copies of each of the 50 all-star players in the rosters.

All those modern players (the 50 All-Stars of 2005) can be removed from the 78 rosters if they are deleted from attrib.dat and the rosters are reimported into mvpedit and exported.

Also, I noticed the all-star teams were done within mvpedit (instead of manually editing them) which is why there are two copies of each of the 50 all-star players in the rosters.

When you say "manually editing" the rosters, how would I do that -- by editing attrib.dat in a text editor? If that's the case, what about all of the other .dat file? Would they have to be manually edited as well?

Edit roster.dat

in there in are the players assigned to teams by hex id,

find

0005972f2 AL

00059749f NL

and go through and swap all 25 player hex ids with the hex id of the player on his original (not all star) team in attrib.dat.

Then you can delete the duplicate players from attrib.dat (those with the hex ids you just replaced in roster.dat)

Could I just manually modify them by giving them terrible attributes?

Hey, I finally got a decent physics data file going. I wiped out the Data and Datafile folders and reloaded my 1994 date and datafile. Now I'm getting good ball physics. Couldn't understand before why I would download a datafile and nothing would change? Oh well, liking it now. Simmons finally jacked a nice homer for me. First homer in 5 games. Ended up winning 4-0.

Archived