Somewhere in Missouri...

MetsReyes777

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

game18boxscore.jpg

Walk-Off Into the Emerald City Night

The Royals arrived at Safeco Field on June 6th, 2007 for their last game against the M's in a four game series. Entering this matchup, the Royals were riding a 6 game winning streak and were high on confidence. Odalis perez took the mound looking to shut down the Mariners offense, but did not quite accomplish his task. In the bottom of the second, Mariners outfielders Raul Ibanez and Jose GUillen both took my man Odalis deep and were leading 2-0. Mariners starter Miguel Batista held the Royals scorelss until the top of the 6th when DeJesus was able to work out a single and was doubled in by leftfielder Emil Brown, making the score 3-1. In the top of the ninth, the Royals were down 3-1, Mike Sweeney lead off with a ground out, and then mark Teahen singled. Billy Butler stepped up to the plate and lined a ground ball to Mariners shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt, who bobbled the ball and was only able to get Butler at first, rather than turn a game-ending double play. Butler was followed by Alex Gordon doubling and knocking in Teahen, which slimmed down the Mariner's lead to 3-2. Next up was Mark Grudzielanek, and HE delivered a 20out single that brought in Alex Gordon as the tieing run, and the game was now even at 3 a piece. In the bottom of the 10th, Ben Broussard worked out a double off of Jimmy Gobble, and arrived safely at second base. 1 batter latter was Kenjii Johima, and he lined a single into centerfield, and Broussard was rounding third. DeJesus came up throwing and GUNNED DOWN Broussard at the plate to save the game and end the inning for the Royals. J.J. Putz struck out the side in the 11th, and in the bottom of the 11th, Jose Vidro lead off with a single and a batter later, Richie Sexson stepped up to the plate and smashed a walk-off homerun off the left field foul pole to send the players and fans home happy and in grand walk-off fashion.

Here is your Big Four Game Recap for the night.

richiewalkofffjkasdjkgjkgajklg.jpg

guys theres a problem, i have a three game set against TEX at home, and when i got to play, it crashed, i tried to play an exibition game with texas, it crashed, but then I did a royals vs giants game at KC and it worked

Looks like Texas Rangers crash my game? What should i do??? Please help i dont want to sim a whole three game series

What difficulty are you playing on? You are getting some unrealistic results.

i play on pro, i mean i just kind of got the game, but even the game where i scored 16 runs, they scored 14. im having fun so its ok but im more concerned about the game crash right now

Maestro, Phils and Joe, lol, it was a home game for me..so texas was at kauffman...i had to sim the series cause i wanted to play sooo badly, ill give you the linescores for the games but thats about all i can do...but game 22 recap is coming up...TB at KC, a thriller, it was so sick, stay tuned, theres going to be a podcast

game22boxscore.jpg

Leave It To The "Butler" To Take Out The Rye Bread And Mustard, It's Grand Salomi Time.

Welcome to Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri for the first game of a two-game set between the Kansas City Royals and Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Royals ace Zack Greinke took the mound against the Devil Rays' Edwin Jackson, in what was expected to be an excited matchup, and it sure did live up to it's pre-game hype. The D-Rays were able to strike first as Akinori Iwamura lined a single to score Rocco Baldedlli, giving the Rays the lead 1-0 in the 4th. The Royals responded right after when first basemen Mike Sweeney knocked in Emil Brown from second on a line drive base hit up the middle. The game was scoreless until the 8th, when the Royals put together a little rally. DeJesus, Brown and Teahen all had singles that loaded the bases for phenom rookie Billy Butler, and he sure did his part. He slammed a line drive grand slam down the left field line, and it felt like all of Kauffman Stadium was going to come crashing down because of the excitement that was present. Alex Gordon then singled up the middle and then Mark Grudzielanek added a homer of his own, capping off a 6-run 8th inning for the Royals, as they took the game 7-1.

You can listen to Billy Butler's line drive grand slam that put the Royals ahead for good, brought to you by Dodge and Kansas Sports Radio 810 AM by clicking on the podcast logo below.

810podcast.jpg

Here is your Big Four Recap for the day.

kcandtampabigfour.jpg

Joe- thanks for the compliments

Maestro-yep, in two games after i go to STL for two i play the twins, should be an INTENSE series ill have a full series preview with pitcher matchups and stuff since it is so significant to how we sit in the standings...game 23 recap coming up, stay tuned

game23bocxsaoc.jpg

Devil Rays Install Greg Norton AntiVirus, Firewall Blocks Royals Offense.

Welcome to Kauffman Stadium for the final game of a two-game set between the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the Kansas City Royals. Odalis Perez took the mound for the Royals today as he went against Rays' southpaw Casey Fossum, and his beard. Odalis Perez was looking to continue his great performance but he did not quite get his wish. The Rays were actually able to hammer 9 ER's off of Perez, and 15 hits. The Rays started their run-producing ways right off the bat, as Carl Crawford tripled in the first at bat of the game and was sacraficed in from Rays right fielder Delmon Young. In the bottom of the second Alex Gordon continued his great play this season and cranked a 3-Run homerun, his first homer of two on the day. But even Gordon's two blasts were not enough to hold off the Rays offense. Devil Rays 1st basemen Greg Norton had a phenomnal day, as he went 3-5 with a HR and 3 RBI's and succeeded in lowering the Royals confidence. The Royals amde things interesting in the 9th, threatening to comeback, but stranded the runners and lost the game 11-6.

Here is your Big Four Recap for the day.

gregnortonbigfour.jpg

The Anti-Virus headline is the most creative I've seen on this website.

And there's no excuse for not using my Royals uniforms that I'm updating later tonight... they're simply the best.

haha thanks spungo, alright dude ill use the jerseys, im just kind of new and i dont wanna ruin my dynasty by uploading them now, ifi upload them, will they show in my current dynasty?

It just sucks that I release all this stuff that no one ever uses. But it's ok, at least the Royals are garnering enough attention to attract dynasty followers, that's at least a step in the right direction...

I use them every single day, they are btw wearing out, letters and numbers falling down, my players they play HARD you know, they are no P**** :D

Thanks a lot Spungo, your unis rock !

Archived