What do you think of the Yankees demanding a forfeit?

RsCamaro8

Well, what do you think about a forfeit win for the Yanks?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• They should just play the game, it was a d@mn hurricane
    • Yanks will take a win however they can, even if its cheap
    • It's the only fair thing to do
    • Doesn't matter, the Red Sox will still win the Division

Anyone else think it's crap that the Yankees want a forfeit win just because the D-Ray got stuck in TB cause of the hurricane...

It's not like it was their fault they couldn't get there in time for the double header, and if I was a Yankees fan (which thank God, i'm not) I would want them to play the game so there is no argument IF the Yankees win the divsion by just one game, and that happens to be the forfeit win.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Drays had how ******* long to get their asses down to New York and they didn't? you're gonna say oh they were in a hurricane ... they had two days to get their asses down there, two hurricaneless days to get on a plane and get down there, but noooo, they didn't wanna take the chance, well that's their call, if the hurricane HAD interfered, than it'd be a different story, but it didn't

Apparently you've never been in a hurricane... Largest I've been in is a Cat. 2, and we didn't go anywhere that day... now this was a Cat. 3, and sat over florida for the whole day, if airports and roads are closed are they supposed to swim there?

...now would you say that the Yankees should have played on Sept. 11, 2001 too??? Or should that have been a forfeit???

that's fuckin' different man, why would you bring that up? hm a hurricane is on the same level as a terrorist attack ... tampa bay's excuse was they couldn't find hotels in New York cause of the convention ... THE CONVENTION WAS OVER THURSDAY and they had to leave friday night ... not the hurricane, get your facts straight asshole

that's fuckin' different man, why would you bring that up? hm a hurricane is on the same level as a terrorist attack ... tampa bay's excuse was they couldn't find hotels in New York cause of the convention ... THE CONVENTION WAS OVER THURSDAY and they had to leave friday night ... not the hurricane, get your facts straight [naughty word]

airports were closed in both... sorry, that was my point and only similarity

Uh. So how does the 22-0 boxscore say everything? How about this?

Yankees: 4-2 since.

Indians: 0-5 since.

I think that says everything.

I'm not even a Yankees fan, but that loss really doesn't mean much.

Except for the Red Sox Nation, and the rest of the Yankee haters.

the Drays had how [naughty word] long to get their asses down to New York and they didn't? you're gonna say oh they were in a hurricane ... they had two days to get their asses down there, two hurricaneless days to get on a plane and get down there, but noooo, they didn't wanna take the chance, well that's their call, if the hurricane HAD interfered, than it'd be a different story, but it didn't

Maybe you dont realize this but since the team is in Tampa, then I'm guessing alot of their families live there as well, meaning that the players were all genuinally concerned for the welfare of the ones they love.

is that so wrong? Is that not worth missing a game?

Second, what if 9/11 happened and no games were canceled. Would New York go play that day if they had a game in New York? I'm betting no, and why is that? because they want to be with the ones they loved and show respect towards those that were involved and died.

If the Yankees dont have enough guts to win the right way, then obviously the players and coaches are too corporate for their own good and should just all quit baseball and go learn how to be decent people.

A) It's pretty obvious that if the Yankees indeed asked MLB to force Tampa Bay to forfeit the game, that's pretty arseholeistic of them.

B) I think 9/11 is a bit of an extreme example. No. I KNOW it's a bit of an extreme example.

But, yes, your point is quite correct. I was pretty surprised when I heard that the Yankees were asking for what they were asking for.

There are several, several, several, several things more important than baseball, and I'd think family would be right at the top of the list.

The fact that the Yankees -- one of America's long-standing, high-class, and most dignified of organizations -- would take a forfiet win in the from a team who, to a man, refused to leave their families during an extreme crisis (a hurricane) -- is a joke. Say whatever you want but the Yankees should quit playing baseball politics and play the damned game. If you want to get technical about it -- call it a rainout and move on.

Let's be real. The only reason why the Yankees would even make this move is because they're worried about the Red Sox and want to stick it to them. If Steinbrenner wants to win that badly then I would have to say that the Yankees aren't the class organization that they (and everyone else) makes them out to be and that they're a poor representative of the city, people, and spirit of New York -- this said ESPECIALLY considering the circumstances.

Do not get me wrong on this -- this is not Yankee-bashing just because they're the Yankees. I still have respect for the talented ballplayers on that team and I know that people like Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, and Alex Rodriguez would rather play the game if they were asked point-blank. What irks me about this is the "win at all costs" methodology that the Yankee front office is adopting in this instance. That's not the New York Yankee organization that I have grown up respecting (not liking -- I'm an A's and Giants fan) over the last 40 years.

Baseball is meant to be played. After all, if the Yankees took the forfiet and wound up winning the division, would the Yankee fans like to have an asterisk next to their name in the record book because they only "played" 161 games while everyone else played 162? Is that worth the loss of respect within the baseball fan community?

...even ESPN has made the 9/11 comparison and that the Yanks were excused from multiple games... it is a whole different situation, yes... but the bottom line is that the hurricane was a natural disaster, and the Yanks should not get a windfall due to it...

How would you feel if you were a member of the D-Rays??? As it turned out, they didn't even get to warm up before the night game, now was that really fair either??? But they played the game and didn't whine about it.

the point wasn't the ******* hurricane, jesus ******* christ, their whole argument bullshit saying their were no ******* hotels IN NEW YORK because of the convention, the convention was over on thursDAY, DURING the day, and they were to leave after the game with Detroit, but nooo, there were no hotels, that's bullshit, do you know how many goddamn hotels there are, and they can't use the excuse of the convention because it was over 24 hours before they were to arrive .. yeah okay, they didn't want to leave their families, but they're ******* jewish about thier money, they're getting paid millions of dollars, they can't ******* pay for a plane and bring them to new york if they care so much? yeah THAT makes sense .. in actuality, only one player cares about his family, and that's Aubrey Huff who missed the game to be with his family .. you guys are just getting all bitchy because A) it's the yankees, B) the East division is close and of course everyone is riding the Yankees like a russian ***** .. it's in the ******* rule book, the game was scheduled as a double header, the yanks didn't say anything, the first game got rescheduled three times, in the middle of the yanks/o's game, first to 3 oclock, than back to one and back to 3 again, the yanks said nothing, than they dismissed the double header and the yankees were all loosened up for a 3 oclock start and had to sit around till 7 oclock, THEN they said something, you know it's only human instinct that you blow up after being jerked around ... you can all ***** and moan wether is because it's the yankees, because you hate the yankees, i don't give a ****, but when they were told to leave (friday night) the storm hadn't hit, and if the flight couldn't make it back to florida because the hurricane started, oh well, stay in new york .. all i can really put into decent words is; if this happened to your team, you'd feel the same way, but since it didn't, it happened to the yanks, you're all ******* bitching and complaining.

Guest Mindwarped

that's fuckin' different man, why would you bring that up? hm a hurricane is on the same level as a terrorist attack ... tampa bay's excuse was they couldn't find hotels in New York cause of the convention ... THE CONVENTION WAS OVER THURSDAY and they had to leave friday night ... not the hurricane, get your facts straight [naughty word]

No a hurricanne is not on the same level, a terrorist attack can be stopped if the president was not asleep at the wheel. "The buck stops here" unless your name is Bush

you are so warped, the rays GM said on the YES network it was the hurricane, he was not going to ask his team to leave there families two days before the hurricane hit land. Once the hurricane hit and done it's damage and the player knew that there families were safe they tried every way they could to get to NY

Okay... Let's look at it this way... No one knows exactly what comunication went on between the D-Rays, the Yankees, and the MLB front office. Looking at ESPN, they gave a timetable of events and while it appears as though the D-Rays sandbagged it a bit they should be given every benefit of the doubt because of the circumstances. Here's why:

As a member of any professional sports organization, the players are representative of the place they come from. Just like no one gave the Yankees, Mets, Giants, or Jets any grief over the tragedy of 9/11 and no one gave any grief to the Oakland A's or San Francisco Giants over the tragedy of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake (an event I lived through firsthand), the South Florida teams, the Marlins and the D-Rays, should be given the benefit of the doubt. If the commissioner's office finds that they weren't fully forthcoming, fine the franchise for the money it costs the Yankees to shift the schedule and provide entertainment (free hotdogs and cokes) to the people in attendance. But still... play the game.

My only gripe in this whole issue is that the Yankees ASKED for a forfeit when they honestly didn't need to say anything but rather just say that we won't make this game up unless it's necessary. That's all they had to say but instead baseball politics were played. This is bad for baseball.

I think Jon Kruk said it best this morning when he asked if the Yankees would have made this much noise if their pitching staff wasn't so screwed up. It makes you wonder...

I think its so stupid how the yanks will take a win that cheaply. They feel the heat from Boston and are that stuckup that they are saying that D-Rays should have SOME HOW flew to new york in time during a hurricane in time and play a double header. It shows the true stripes of the yankees and why they are hated so much.

Answer these questions...

1.) Why would the D-Rays not want to play, they are not even in the playoff race and have nothing to lose

2.) Bambino, as a Yankee fan, wouldn't you rather see them EARN a victory and see your team play it out on the field?

3.) Where did it EVER say anything about there being no hotels in NY, you saying this is the first I heard of it, so maybe it's a story only in the New York media, or a story they made up????? (Post link to a NON-NEW YORK news media story if you have the proof)

4.) Why did the Yanks even warm up for the 3:00 game, are they that dumb that they thought the D-Rays would be there?? They could have relaxed at home and taken theire daily steroids that cause cancer. (Giambi... cough... cough....)

5.) Not really a question, but... if It was the Indians (my Fav. team) in the same situation and they demanded a forfeit (which I don't think they would, but...) I would look down on them too and think they should play the game without complaining.... it just happens to be the Yanks, and it just happens that it is at a time when they are losing grasp on their division lead.

I guess some people are just happier with Free Hot Dogs, and an easy win.

man you're really starting to get on my nerves, if you ******* watch TV, all friday night on ESPN and FOX 5 Sports Wrap-up ****, they all said that the Drays GM said they couldn't book any hotels because of the convention ... so do condesend me, seriously, i know what i'm ******* talking about and i don't need you trying to put me down .. and there's no proof about the sterioids, it was a ******* tumor, people get tumors, not just yankee players accused of juicing up, so shut the **** up with that ... and they warmed up for the game because as far as they knew, Tampa Bay was on their way, not ******* sitting around Florida fiddling themselves waiting for the storm to pass THAT THEY SHOULD'VE LEFT BEFORE IT EVEN CAME AROUND and this brings back my fact of, they're all little ******* jews that can't spend a ******* dime for something NORMAL, they spend on their ******* mansions and their jewelry, and cars, and clothes they'll never wear, they can't all chip in on a jet to New York or some place else, but noooo that's not something to media can make a story about ... and you can't make the assumption that your team wouldn't do the same thing, wait until you get jerked around and THEN say you're not pissed and you don't want a forfeit, till than, shut the **** up,

Who gives a crap if somebody is getting on your nerves? The Yankees wanted nothing more than a cheap victory so they didn't take a chance on losing ground in the playoff chase! If you think it's so much fun to sit out a hurricane then bring your ignorant *** down here to SW Florida! I bet you'd pee your pants sitting through the Cat 4 my family and I just sat through. (Charley not Frances) Regardless of what team it was, it was just plain cheap! Just so happens that the Yankees management showed their true colors...

Archived