What do you think of the Yankees demanding a forfeit?

RsCamaro8

Well, what do you think about a forfeit win for the Yanks?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• They should just play the game, it was a d@mn hurricane
    • Yanks will take a win however they can, even if its cheap
    • It's the only fair thing to do
    • Doesn't matter, the Red Sox will still win the Division

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man you're really starting to get on my nerves, if you [naughty word] watch TV, all friday night on ESPN and FOX 5 Sports Wrap-up [naughty word], they all said that the Drays GM said they couldn't book any hotels because of the convention ... so do condesend me, seriously, i know what i'm [naughty word] talking about and i don't need you trying to put me down .. and there's no proof about the sterioids, it was a [naughty word] tumor, people get tumors, not just yankee players accused of juicing up, so shut the [naughty word] up with that ... and they warmed up for the game because as far as they knew, Tampa Bay was on their way, not [naughty word] sitting around Florida fiddling themselves waiting for the storm to pass THAT THEY SHOULD'VE LEFT BEFORE IT EVEN CAME AROUND and this brings back my fact of, they're all little [naughty word] jews that can't spend a [naughty word] dime for something NORMAL, they spend on their [naughty word] mansions and their jewelry, and cars, and clothes they'll never wear, they can't all chip in on a jet to New York or some place else, but noooo that's not something to media can make a story about ... and you can't make the assumption that your team wouldn't do the same thing, wait until you get jerked around and THEN say you're not pissed and you don't want a forfeit, till than, shut the [naughty word] up,

I didn't know what I type can effect a person that much and get under their skin only cause I pointed out something about their team... wow

By the way, they are going to play a double header on Wednesday, but the Yanks are still complaining... probably cause they don't have enough pitchers for a double header since they punch walls and break their hands...

bambino-

I live in Florida and Hurricanes are no joke, I live in Sarasota which is south of Tampa, and I heard that there was mass flooding in the Tampa Bay area. The players were obviously concerned for their families so I think that should be a priority above making to a ballgame in time. The Yankee management and thier fans feel no compassion for the storm victims and that is sad and dissapointing. Before you start whining about how it wasn't fair to the Yankees, put your whiny, arrogant self into the players situations bambino.

PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SITUATIONS!

bambino-

I live in Florida and Hurricanes are no joke, I live in Sarasota which is south of Tampa, and I heard that there was mass flooding in the Tampa Bay area. The players were obviously concerned for their families so I think that should be a priority above making to a ballgame in time. The Yankee management and thier fans feel no compassion for the storm victims and that is sad and dissapointing. Before you start whining about how it wasn't fair to the Yankees, put your whiny, arrogant self into the players situations bambino.

PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SITUATIONS!

Couldn't agree more.....Thanks for typing all that stuff....

I think the saddest part about how the Yankees organization and fans are acting is that the Yanks are playing the Devil Rays, not the Sox(Red, we all know the White ones suck) or A's or Angels or someone who is threat to beat them 2 or 3 games in a row. Granted, the Devil Rays are much better than they have been, heck, I consider myself a D-Rays fan. They're the one team I like just because of the team, not because of a player(I became a Cubs fan when they got Sosa, Indians fan when I started liking Victor Martinez). But they aren't that much of a threat. The Yanks, even with their crappy pitching should beat them 3 out of 4 or even all 4 games.

Also, can you imagine the uproar is this was reversed? If New York got hit by a big hurricane and the Rays were asking for one of the games to be forfeited? If anyone in the Rays organization even said something like that they'd be forced to resign because of all the backlash from the greatest crisis ever in the world.

Insane. an almost $200 million payroll and they are crying about being "disadvantaged" against the frickin' D Rays????!?!? The Yankees should forfeit the game for being ********.

Is it any wonder that the Yankees are the most hated team in American sport and 2nd most hated worldwide? (Manchester United is 1st)

i'm not gonna fight anymore, i'm too outnumbered, apparently there are only yankee fans around when there's bragging to be done, but when the FAITHFULL non front running fans stick up for the team at whatever cost, they don't know **** and they don't say anything, i guess i'm the only yankee fan with balls ... yes this is a yankee fan admitting he was wrong, never thought you'd see the day did you? :banghead:

*break* but when the FAITHFULL non front running fans stick up for the team at whatever cost *break* yes this is a yankee fan admitting he was wrong, never thought you'd see the day did you?

'At whatever cost' Including when you're wrong? If you think it's ok for the Yankees to want the D-Rays to leave their family in the threat of a hurricane, then maybe 'At whatever cost' is a bit too far.

Also, that was you admitting you were wrong? Wow. Maybe Yankees fans are donkeys.

On a side note, I've been a vocal opponent against those who just bash the Yankees and their fans for being the Yankees, so don't think this is a Yankee hating thing for me.

I would hope it would be common sense.

I guess my earlier opinion to bambino was a bit strongly stated. It's a pretty tense time to live in SW Florida these days with Charley and then Frances and now Ivan. Anyways, I found a pretty decent article on ESPN.com from Jayson Stark. Not sure how much of it is fact but I guess it is possible that the Yankees front office was just trying to get MLB to get off it's collective butt and make a decision. Me personally, I don't really have much against the Yankee players, just the management. I find it hard to believe that the players themselves cared much one way or the other. It all pays the same right?

Jayson makes a good point though, "blaming the Yankees has worked for years so why stop now?" "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...&id=1876789

the point wasn't the [naughty word] hurricane, jesus [naughty word] christ, their whole argument bullshit saying their were no [naughty word] hotels IN NEW YORK because of the convention, the convention was over on thursDAY, DURING the day, and they were to leave after the game with Detroit, but nooo, there were no hotels, that's bullshit, do you know how many goddamn hotels there are, and they can't use the excuse of the convention because it was over 24 hours before they were to arrive .. yeah okay, they didn't want to leave their families, but they're [naughty word] jewish about thier money, they're getting paid millions of dollars, they can't [naughty word] pay for a plane and bring them to new york if they care so much? yeah THAT makes sense .. in actuality, only one player cares about his family, and that's Aubrey Huff who missed the game to be with his family .. you guys are just getting all bitchy because A) it's the yankees, B) the East division is close and of course everyone is riding the Yankees like a russian ***** .. it's in the [naughty word] rule book, the game was scheduled as a double header, the yanks didn't say anything, the first game got rescheduled three times, in the middle of the yanks/o's game, first to 3 oclock, than back to one and back to 3 again, the yanks said nothing, than they dismissed the double header and the yankees were all loosened up for a 3 oclock start and had to sit around till 7 oclock, THEN they said something, you know it's only human instinct that you blow up after being jerked around ... you can all [naughty word] and moan wether is because it's the yankees, because you hate the yankees, i don't give a [naughty word], but when they were told to leave (friday night) the storm hadn't hit, and if the flight couldn't make it back to florida because the hurricane started, oh well, stay in new york .. all i can really put into decent words is; if this happened to your team, you'd feel the same way, but since it didn't, it happened to the yanks, you're all [naughty word] bitching and complaining.

They aren't only the ones that are bitching.... :roll: ... and If in Ny there was a brutal hurricane liek that one....you would be worried bout your family too....well not you but others...cuz some people have a lack of intelligence.

btw....whats the delay in NY? LETS GET ON WITH IT....Lets all ***** and moan Guys...This time we have the right :)

"Here's the thing, though. First, the Devil Rays should have left sooner. Hurricane or not, they're under an obligation to show up for a scheduled game. Hurricane Frances didn't just spring up overnight and threaten the state; they had time to work this out. And if they didn't, if they decided that family was more important than the game, they should be prepared to take the loss rather than whining about it. You can't complain that a strike shouldn't be a strike because you were thinking about whether man's cruelty to his fellow man is an inherent part of his nature, as tragic as that is, and you shouldn't be able to get away with a lack of preparation and foresight because there was a disaster in the background.

The rules have to be enforced, or they are meaningless. The forfeit rule is there specifically to encourage teams like the Devil Rays to show up on time not only when it's easy to do so, but when it's hard. I don't seriously expect that this single strange bending of the rules is going to lead to chaos, but it's another example of intervention by the Commissioner to abrogate the rules when it is popular to do so, and since we're stuck with Selig for (his) life, it's another sign that this is going to be a bumpy ride."

Some interesting points from Baseball Prospectus.

The article is http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3439 but you need to be a Prospectus member to read it.

"Here's the thing, though. First, the Devil Rays should have left sooner. Hurricane or not, they're under an obligation to show up for a scheduled game. Hurricane Frances didn't just spring up overnight and threaten the state; they had time to work this out. And if they didn't, if they decided that family was more important than the game, they should be prepared to take the loss rather than whining about it. You can't complain that a strike shouldn't be a strike because you were thinking about whether man's cruelty to his fellow man is an inherent part of his nature, as tragic as that is, and you shouldn't be able to get away with a lack of preparation and foresight because there was a disaster in the background.

The rules have to be enforced, or they are meaningless. The forfeit rule is there specifically to encourage teams like the Devil Rays to show up on time not only when it's easy to do so, but when it's hard. I don't seriously expect that this single strange bending of the rules is going to lead to chaos, but it's another example of intervention by the Commissioner to abrogate the rules when it is popular to do so, and since we're stuck with Selig for (his) life, it's another sign that this is going to be a bumpy ride."

Some interesting points from Baseball Prospectus.

The article is http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3439 but you need to be a Prospectus member to read it.

Hey man.....Baseball is baseball...its fun and all that .... but this is REAL LIFE..... But if they have to take the loss.....they can care less.....cuz the D-Rays team have heart and wanted to stay with their beloved familys........ I dunno why people don't understand that.....

btw...i don't think D-Ray were whinning....it was the Yankees who whinned about how they should get a win because of mis-fortunes of the D-Rays team having to stay with their family for protection.

couldnt vote. the choice I wanted wasnt there.....asking teams to forfeit for a pitcher hurting himself is RETARDED. Yankees have sunk to a new low here. First they buy championships, then buy losses in the WS, and now they are asking teams to give them wins?

cause his arm was hurt? what the hell are you talking about, it was the hurricane, moron

I promise you, if the Yanks had healthy picthing and a larger lead over Boston, they would have NEVER asked for the forfeit... but since Kevin Brown broke his hand by PUNCHING A WALL, they are short on pitching and a double header would kill what's left of their rotation

not it wouldn't, they still have 1. El Duque, 2. Mussina, 3. Leiber, 4. Vazquez, 5. Loaiza, 6. Halsey ... including Brown they have 7 starters in the majors, so if you're going to say ANYTHING about their pitching, it's the skill, it's the consistantcy, it's the veterancy, not the short off.

and btw, they didn't ask for the forfeit on account of Brown breaking his hand, it's the principal and human instinct of getting jerked around.

Guest Mindwarped

Yankees pitching is nothing but weak

1. El Duque 2.62

the only good one it the lot

2. Mussina 5.28 ERA

3. Leiber 4.38 era

4. Vazquez 4.59 era

5. Loaiza 8.46 era

6. Halsey 7.23 era

Archived