The Mile High Club........Colorado Rockies Dynasty

rookie_rick

If The Injury Bug Continues To Bite Rockie Players Should The Rockies Look To Strengthen Their Team Through A Trade Or Two Around Mid-Late May Or Early June?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• See Who Has Been Placed On The Trading Block And Find A Suitable Player
    • Look To Make A Blockbuster Trade
    • Look To Strengthen The Bench

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rockies Schedule for April

Sun 8 1:05 PM at San Diego

Mon 9 1:10 PM at Los Angeles

Tue 10 7:10 PM at Los Angeles

Wed 11 7:10 PM at Los Angeles

Fri 13 6:40 PM at Arizona

Sat 14 6:40 PM at Arizona

Sun 15 1:40 PM at Arizona

Mon 16 6:35 PM San Francisco

Tue 17 6:35 PM San Francisco

Wed 18 6:35 PM Los Angeles

Thu 19 1:05 PM Los Angeles

Fri 20 7:05 PM San Diego

Sat 21 6:05 PM San Diego

Sun 22 1:05 PM San Diego

Mon 23 7:10 PM at New York

Tue 24 7:10 PM at New York

Wed 25 1:10 PM at New York

Fri 27 7:05 PM Atlanta

Sat 28 6:05 PM Atlanta

Sun 29 1:05 PM Atlanta

Mon 30 7:15 PM at San Francisco

Padres Looking For Their First Sweep Of The Season

lineupgame6gr7.jpg

The San Diego Padres will be sending out their ace Jake Peavy to try and secure a 3 game sweep of the struggling Rockies. The Padres top the NL West by a 1/2 game of the LA Dodgers while the Rockies prop up the table 2 1/2 games back from the lead and 1/2 game behing the Giants. Aaron Cook will be looking to repeat his opening day performance when he threw a complete game shutout Vs the D'Backs.

Colorado Management In Dilemma After A Career Day For Perez

Following Helton's injury that landed him on the DL, the Rockies acquired Eduardo Perez as a free agent with the intentions of optioning him to AAA after Helton recovers. Perez has struggled batting .200 before this afternoons game Vs San Diego. The Rockies had arranged to call up Rookie Prospect Ian Stewart to play 3rd to replace Perez and move Atkins across the infield to 1st. Now following Perez's performance of a career high 5 hits the Rockies are left with a hard decision. The Rockies are going to finalize their decision later tonight.

Colorado Make Their Decision

The Colorado Rockies have placed injured pitcher Jeremy Affeldt on the 60 day DL to make room on the ML roster for 3B Ian Stewart. Originally the Rockies were hoping that Affeldt could be back after the series Vs LA Dodgers but in a light training session Affeldt increased the damage to the injured hip flexor after a slip rounding first base and so the Rockies had no choice but to place him on the 60 day DL and hope he can come back at full strength.

lineupgame7ro1.jpg

LA Dodgers welcome the Rockies to the west coast for a 3 game series. The Dodgers and Rockies are coming off a win in their last games but both teams lost the 3 game series to their respective opponents. LA are in a two team tie for the lead of the NL West as Colorado are tied for last with the Giants.

Thanks JR. I play all of them but for some reason my box score extractor doesn't always extract the play by play.

I think that is a result of either simming or managing the game (when your play-by-play does register).

Nice job so far. Glad to see your not slaughtering my 'boys in blue'.

I think that is a result of either simming or managing the game (when your play-by-play does register).

Nice job so far. Glad to see your not slaughtering my 'boys in blue'.

Thanks Bronx. If i play the way i did last time up i've got no hope of slaughtering any team. :)

**League Transactions**Up To April 11th**

Rockies Signed 1B Eduardo Perez

Padres Signed 3B Russell Branyan

Devil Rays Signed SP Pedro Astacio

White Sox Signed C Miguel Ojeda

Mets Signed SP Paul Wilson

Angels Signed 1B Wil Cordero

Mets Signed LF Eli Marrero

Padres Signed SP Jose Lima

Indians Signed RP Felix Rodriguez

Phillies Signed 3B Brandon Larson

White Sox Signed SP Sidney Ponson

Injury Woes Continue In Colorado

During this evenings 10-9 win over LA Troy Tulowitzki made a superb catch to end the game but in doing so he suffered a torn knee meniscus and has been placed on the 60 day DL. In replacement of Tulowitzki SS Clint Barmes has been called up from AAA.

ML Injuries**occured 12th April**

Jason Schmidt out for 21 days with a fractured toe which was inflicted in the second inning from a Jason Hirsh hit liner

Adam Dunn is out for around 23 days with tendonitis of the knee

Both have been placed on the DL by their respective teams

Archived