The Mile High Club........Colorado Rockies Dynasty

rookie_rick

If The Injury Bug Continues To Bite Rockie Players Should The Rockies Look To Strengthen Their Team Through A Trade Or Two Around Mid-Late May Or Early June?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• See Who Has Been Placed On The Trading Block And Find A Suitable Player
    • Look To Make A Blockbuster Trade
    • Look To Strengthen The Bench

Saito And Seanez Throw Away Victory For LA

scoregame9zy2.jpg

Box Score Game 9

After a shaky start for LA and losing Jason Schmidt to injury in the 2nd inning they struck back with a 5 run 5th inning. Entering the 7th LA held a healthy 8-5 lead, both teams scored a run in the 7th and the game looked certain after Brad Hawpe tripled, LA record 2 consecative outs and thats when Saito issued a double and 4 walks plus throwing the ball away on a failed pickoff attempt. At this point the game was tied at 9. Rudy Seanez entered the game and attempted a pickoff at third which was missed by 3rd baseman Ramon Martinez and allowed the go ahead run to score. Fuentes entered the bottom of the 9th and got the side 1-2-3

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for 'Look To Strengthen The Bench'. As you probably know, I'm an advocate for trying to keep things realistic, so it's predictable that I would vote for this option. :)

IMO, it's a long season, and building your team from within (or at least giving it a shot) is much more interesting and challenging than dumping your troubles for a quick fix. I realize that some teams do that in real life, but more often than not, real teams at least try to develop what they have in terms of a long season.

But with that said, it's your season rick, and you're certainly entitled to play it exactly the way you want to, and with all due respect. :)

Just my vote, and my opinion.

Good luck with it all, and great job on keeping it going. :)

I voted for 'Look To Strengthen The Bench'. As you probably know, I'm an advocate for trying to keep things realistic, so it's predictable that I would vote for this option. :)

IMO, it's a long season, and building your team from within (or at least giving it a shot) is much more interesting and challenging than dumping your troubles for a quick fix. I realize that some teams do that in real life, but more often than not, real teams at least try to develop what they have in terms of a long season.

But with that said, it's your season rick, and you're certainly entitled to play it exactly the way you want to, and with all due respect. :)

Just my vote, and my opinion.

Good luck with it all, and great job on keeping it going. :)

Thanks JR :) Im still relativly new to the world of MLB becuase ive only been following since early 2004 and so im still learning details about how things are run and everything so your answer has helped me a LOT. :) Although i am running this poll its not set in stone that im going to make a trade but so early in the season i'm getting fustrated with losing 3 of my key players. To be honest (no offence to Rockie fans) the Rockies farm system isn't exactly brimming with quality players that can perform at the ML level. So it's tempting to go searching for trades.

I know you said i should do it my way and that it my choice but because i don't 100% know what im doing in terms of keeping it realistic i need people like you to show me the way from time to time :)

Thanks for all your help ever since my first attempt at a dynasty. :)

No problem, rick. Even with only a few years experience, you're doing a great job with the dynasty.

The thing you might want to keep in mind with injuries is this:

As you know, baseball is a long season. Unless you lose a player for the season, it's most likely the injury isn't too severe, and the player will be back on the field for you. Probably with plenty of time left on the schedule.

Since it is a long season, instead of viewing the injury as a tragedy to the team, view it as an opportunity to see what kind of talent you have lurking on the bench or in your Minor League system. What can be more interesting (and fun) to give a 'no name' a chance, and watch him contribute to the team in a way you would have never expected? And to top it off, you didn't bail at the first sign of trouble.

But as I said before, this is the way I justify 162 games, and am able to handle playing each game manually. Situations like this (injuries, call ups) take a reasonable time to develop. Months even. :)

Still, play it how you see it, rick. Play it the way you want to, and enjoy it. I'll still be following. :)

Boston Powered thier way to a 12-2 record behind a an exceptional start to the season with the bat. Posting a team batting average of .333 and they have scored 115 runs which is a massive 37 more than the closest team. If Boston can keep up the superb form on the offensive side it lifts the pressure on the pitching.

Boston's team leaders....

AVG... Pedroia .510

HR... Ortiz 5

RBI... Ortiz 21

SB... Lugo 3

W... Matsuzaka 3

Save... Papelbon 2

ERA... Matsuzaka 1.71

SO... Matsuzaka 22

St Louis have started their championship defence in the worst possible way. With the leagues worst record of 3-11 the Cardinals could have an uphill struggle to reach the playoffs this year. The Cardinals have struggled on both offense and with their pitching.

As a team the Cardinals have hit for a poor average of .241 with a collective 116 strikeouts..the worst in the NL

Cardinals pitching have posted a 4.34 ERA as a team with 121 K's and 41 walks.

Cardinal team leaders...

AVG... Eckstein .302

HR... Pujols 4

RBI... Rolen 13

SB... Eckstein 2

W... Looper 2

Save... Wellemeyer 2

ERA... Narveson 2.10

SO... Carpenter 19

Archived