A City a Mile High- a 2007 Rockies Dynasty

RaysFTW

mobileespn-1.png

[align=justify]Game 94: Colorado Rockies at Washington Nationals[/align]

[align=left]Are you Kidding Me?[/align]

21-Year Old Dominant in First Start

[align=justify]Franklin Morales, age 21, had probably one of the most dominant starts a pitcher has ever had for the Colorado Rockies. Morales struck out a franchise-record 15 batters over a span of 9 innings. Morales looked very dominant in his first career start. Morales had a lot to work with as the Rockies started off in the 4th inning with 2 runs as Troy Tulowitzki tripled home Matt Holliday. Later in the inning, Geronimo Gil, singled home Troy Tulowitzki. In the 5th inning, Ian Stewart started off the game with a single and then Willy Taveras walked. After, Brad Hawpe singled to load the bases. Later in the inning, Matt Holliday doubled home Hawpe and Taveras, but Atkins was thrown out trying to get to third. After that, it was Morales time. He was in the zone and had 8 k's through 5 innings. He went on to finish with a complete game shutout with 15 k's, 4 hits allowed on 92 pitches. [/align]

Game Highlights

highlight1.jpg

Highlight2-1.jpg

highlight3-1.jpg

Box Score

Game 94

11 Inning Performance by Pavano

Game Recap

Newly acquired Carl Pavano extends the Rockies winning streak to 8 games. He pitched 11 strong innings giving up 12 hits and striking out 9 while throwing a career high 115 pitches. Clint Everts went 8 strong giving up only 1 run, the only run on an Ian Stewart homer. In the top of the 11th inning, Ian Stewart homered to put the Rockies up 2-1. Pavano pitched the bottom of the 11th inning and got only his 7th win of the season. He went from unranked on the Cy Young rankings to 5th.

Box Score- Game 95

Finished up this dynasty....played/simmed the rest. I came in first place, but then lost in the 2nd round to the playoffs to the hands of the Mets, who went on to win the World Series. I went into the offseason...and didn't really find anyone good, so I kinda quit the idea of having a year 2 of this dynasty.

Archived