Restoring the Glory: A Brave Franchise Journal

sportnut1486

If you were The GM, who would you acquire for Jo-Jo Reyes?  

5 members have voted

1. 1.

• Bronson Arroyo
    • Chad Durbin

hey all, i am about to start my first franchise journal, so i hope you enjoy. For my first one i wanted to use a team that is a perennial power, that hasn't won it all in the last five years. I didn't want to be the yanks, so i though this team would fit. I do not know much about the braves, so input is always taken. trade wise, i will make trades that are fictional, but they will be realistic, and i will not trade within the division, unless first offered: here is some more info..

Overlays: Original with Patch #2, Tbs and TBS XTRA

I literally started using photoshop this week so, thinks will be slow at first, hopefully i will get better

Play the first always and most likely sim other games in series, unless the game impact is important.

I hope you all enjoy and stay tuned for more!

[align=center] Braves Resign Four to three year deals[/align]

mark_teixeira.jpg

March 31, 2007

Atlanta(AP)--What could be the final piece to this offensive puzzle and three other critical players signed extensions this morning.Both First Baseman Mark Teixerra and Left Fielder Jeff Francoeur signed three year extensions today. Teixerra, who was acquired from the Rangers will receive 8.8 mil a year. Terms of Francoeur's deal were disclosed. Adding to the list, The Braves extended the contracts of Second Basemen Kelly Johnson and Pete Orr. The Braves will face off against the Philadelphia Phillies April fourth.

Good luck with this!

One small suggestion I would make is to increase the font size on the player names a bit. One way to make room for that is to start out with the background larger, eliminating the white space as well. Doing that will give you more room at each position to put the names.

All in all, great first effort at photoshop! :D

[align=center]Cox Releases Starting lineup[/align]

[align=center]odlineup.JPG[/align]

March 30, 2007

Atlanta- Bobby Cox released his opening day lineup today. Mark Teixerra will bat seventh. Many Question the move, but Teixerra could care less. "As long as we are winning, and I can contribute, it doesn't matter. I certaintly don't question the move, he has been doing this for a long time, and I trust his judgements." Phillies manager Charlie Manuel also announced his opening day lineup.

The Rivalry Begins: Phillies throw at Johnson, Braves Get Revenge, Win 8-2

mvp20052007-10-1704-28-04-09.bmp.jpgmvp20052007-10-1704-31-01-15.bmp.jpg

Left: Pat Burell Tags a solo shot, one of two on the day for the Phillies. Right: Mark Teixerra blasts a Two run shot, to take the lead for good in the fifth.

April 1st, 2007

And so it begins. On the first pitch of the game, Phillies pitcher Freddy Garcia pegged braves second baseman Kelly Johnson.

With the rivalry now at full force, and an ejection of Kelly Johnson for charging the mound, The Braves got even. Down 2-1 in the Fifth, 1st Baseman mark Teixerra blasted a two run shot to take the lead. The braves would not look back as Smoltz pitched the complete game, giving up a solo shots to Jimmy rollins and Pat Burrell. Teixerra went 2-4 with Five RBIs. The Two will square off tomorrow as Tim Hudson will oppose Cole Hamels.

View Today's Boxscore

Braves down Phillies 6-1: Hamels gives up Four

mvp20052007-10-1710-48-15-35.bmp.jpg

April 2, 2007

Philadelphia- The Braves offense clicked for the second night in a row. The braves got started off right when 1st Baseman Mark Teixeira hit his second home run in as many games, and was capped off with Third Baseman Chipper Jones parked a three run shot. Tim Hudson pitched well in his debut, striking out eight. The Braves look to go for the sweep when they will send Chuck James to the mound to face veteran Jamie Moyer.

View Today's Boxscore

James gives up seven: Phillies able to pull out last game

mvp20052007-10-1710-49-24-06.jpg

April 3, 2007

Philadelphia- Chuck James hoped to start the season well, and prove his is a good third starter, but on this night it didnt happen James and the bullpen served up homers to Chris Coste, Pat Burrell, and Wes Helms. Only going 4 and 2/3 innings wasnt the start James was looking for. "Obviously, I'm upset, but all i can do is go out and pitch better next time." Mark Teixiera homered for the third straight game. "I just feel like I'm in a groove out there. I'm seeing pitches and pulling them well." The Braves will head home to take on the mets in a three game series.

View Today's Boxscore

Mets Spoil Home Opener: Win 4-2

mvp20052007-10-1716-35-06-50.jpg

Carlos Delgado and Jose Reyes are too much to handle. Delgado drove in three runs on a double in the fourth and Reyes homered in the 8th.

New York-- The Braves battled back but couldn't pull out a victory. Mets Starting Pitcher Oliver Perez gave up just three hits, while Pitcher Buddy Carlyle's only mistake came in the Fourth, when he loaded the bases for Carlos Delgado. Mark Teixiera homered yet again to continue his streak to four consecutive games with a home run. Kelly Johnson drove in a run in the ninth, but the rally was shut down by Closer Billy Wagner

Shown Here: Rob Mahay strikes out Paul Lo Duca but gave up a solo shot to Jose Reyes in the ninth

mvp20052007-10-1716-31-02-56.jpg

The Braves have lost two in a row and look to youngster Jo-Jo Reyes tomorrow. The Mets will send Veteran Pedro Martinez

View Today's Boxscore

Despite Mark Teixiera's 2 homer Day Braves Lose 9-5

mvp20052007-10-1802-02-15-67.jpgmvp20052007-10-1801-46-20-06.jpg

Left: One of Mark Teixiera's two Homers Right: Jose Reyes comes in to score in the first

Mark Teixiera keeps on hitting. The First baseman has now clobbered 6 Dingers in five games. If he hits three more home runs in consecutive games he will tie the record held by ken griffey junior and Don Mattingly. Pedro Martinez pulled out the win in an ugly performance that lasted Eight innings. Jo-Jo Reyes surrendered seven runs, and didnt look comfortable out on the mound. The Braves will try to prevent the sweep tommorow. In the Rubber Match, Old teammates Tom Glavine and John Smoltz will face off.

WP: Pedro Martinez 8.0 IP 5 ER 3 SO

LP: Jo-Jo Reyes 2.0 IP 7 ER 1 SO

View Today's Boxscore

Archived