• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANOTHER LEFTY DOMINATES THE RANGERS

RANGERS-0 DEVIL RAYS-5

BOX SCORE

face2faceey1.jpg

WASHINGTON GETS EJECTED AFTER A FRUSTRATING DAY

I don't know whats wrong guys, but every time a lefty pitches i get shutdown, first it was Moyer only giving up 1 ER, and now Maholm throws a CG shutout. it might be because or main hitter, Cano only hits .142 against LHP, but thats just a theory.

WHAT A GAME!!!; CANO WALK-OFF HOME RUN IN THE 11TH!!!

RANGERS-4 ATHLETICS-3 F/11

BOX SCORE

headsup2yf9.jpg

ETHIER MAKES A GAME SAVING CATCH

celebratelq8.jpg

CABRERA CELEBRATES AFTER YOUKS GAME TYING HOME RUN IN THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH

celebratemoarnf7.jpg

CANO'S GAME WINNING 2 RUN BLAST SAVED THE R'S IN THE BOTTOM OF THE ELEVENTH WHILE THE RANGERS WERE DOWN BY 1!!!

WOW, that's all i have to say about this game. We were down one in the bottom of the ninth and i thought the game was over, but then Kevin Youkilus hit a solo jack to tie it up. so we go to the tenth Webb still pitching, he gives up 2 base hits, and im like OH-NO!!! but i bring in Cordero and he works out of the jam. then in the top of the eleventh Pujols gets a single and the merry-go-round starts, luck filly i get out only being one run down. So i get the meat of the line-up comin' up in the eleventh. Ramirez starts with a lead-off single, so now its Cano's turn. He gets up and hes immeditlly 0-2, so here comes the pitch, right down the middle, i pull up on the stick and BANG its gone. WOOOOOOW!!!

Single A Scouting Report

So i went and played a Single A game with the Blazer, and here me reports on a few prospects.

BOX SCORE

R. Cosby-3B This kid showed marks of a true veteran, he comanded the infield making a diving catch, and a few great throws. But what was even better was his hitting, Cosby hit in the middle of the lineup making a few great clutch hits, he also owns a nice .383 AVG.

J. Bowers-2B Bowers was great, defiantly the most exciting player on the team, you shoulda heard the small Bakersfield crowd go crazy for him. He owns a ridiculous .443 AVG. and amazing speed, you should see him in AA soon.

S. Head-RF Man! this kid had a cannon, he threw more then a few runners on the base paths, and just for that he'll get a few looks from the front office about a promotion. But sporting a .206 AVG. he might not get what hes looking for, but hes a definite star on the Single A team.

B. White-CL This guy right here slammed the door on the opposing team, pitching 2 shutdown innings for his 4th save of the year, he's still a little rusty on pitch selection, but he's definitively advanced for Single A.

Double AA Scouting Report

BOX SCORE

B. Coon-CF This kid was impressive, amazing speed, good bat control, cannon for an arm, he could just do it all, a triple threat. Bradley managed to lead the game off with a single, steal a base and then come around to score on a following single. And then in the next inning he guns a guy out at home, AND a guy at third.

J. Miller-RF Miller's got a .382 AVG so far and he's got blazing speed, altough not as great as Coon's he can still swipe a bag or two. Didn't have much of an arm but thats why he's in right field.

Other than those guys, the pitching seemed to stink, even Sean Henn couldn't stop the opposing AA offense.

YOUNG PLAYERS SEARCH FOR MLB SPOT.

3 young AAA center fielders are all looking for a shot to play in the bigs sometime this year. But with Juan Pierre holding that spot, and the team hosting an ERA of over 6.00, reports are coming in hat the Rangers are looking to deal Pierre for a strong young pitcher to fill the number 4 or 5 role in the rotation. And with that were left with the decision of what prospect comes up to play center field in the bigs.

spanbh0.jpg

First off we have Denard Span, 24 he's probably the most dynamic player in the group we have here, he's a decent hitter, not sure if he's ready for the bigs though. Incredible speed, hosting a 92 overall speed. In the field he's not as impressive doesn't have much of an arm but still plays o.k. With the way he plays he probably most suited to get the role of Pierre, but we still have 2 more choices.

bohnsr2.jpg

Seconded we have T.J. Bohn, 28 this guy has been the meat for this AAA team he' been leading the squad in HR's, RBI's, AVG., and SLG. T.J. also has a great arm in the outfield, he can gun them down with the best of them, defiantly on a major league level with fielding. Now comes the speed, Bohn is an average runner and thats our only concern for him since he can't fill Juan's lead off spot. Furthermore i need to introduce you to mister Coon.

coonss5.jpg

Lately we have Bradley Coon, 25 wow this kid is exciting to watch, he has an overall speed rating of 90 and just knows how to swipe a bag like a true veteran. He can hit pretty well and knows how to get on base, good bat control, can take plenty of pitches, and this guy can lay down a bunt with the best of 'em. He's got a pretty good arm but i'm not sure its MLB ready, he also doesn't have much power but it's not really needed at a lead off spot. In conclusion Coon is one of our top prospects and you can look forward to seeing him in a few MLB games this year guaranteed.

Archived