Fenway Park Question

paulw

I'm working on a 1956 Fenway Park version - and have a question. In a number of old renderings of Fenway I've seen a ribbing in the left field wall. See the inset of the picture below (1967 Fenway) sitting on top of the shot of the 1956 Fenway I'm working on. I'm just curious - it looks cool but was it really there? Does anyone remember this?

Hey Paul-

Is the inset a photo or a painting? It looks very much overstated if it was there, so it looks like a painting. I'd say it's probably a light effect, which may be what you should shoot for in your version.

If any place will have Fenway pics, it's here:

http://sportstemples.bpl.org/

Go nuts.

It's from a painting. Here's another painting (one that I love) showing the same ribs again though much more subtle. I also want to get some decent collision data for balls landing into the screen in Fenway. I *think* this is going to work out nice.

Jim - I'm really having a lot of fun with '56. I've got an updated '56 Cleveland Muni and most of my other stadiums are all from approximately that time. I'd love to do a 1956 Milwaukee County but don't know where to start on this. I'll send these along to you when '56 Fenway is finished.

I found a pic showing that particular right field texture. It was there. That Fenway image gallery is awesome. Here's also the pic I used for sampling the old Prudential Tower. I like that screen behind the right field bleachers. I may try to add it also. It's -8 below here this morning so a good day for modding :-)

I am so sorry Paul, this somehow snuck through the cracks between where I usually check my e-mail and my blackberry e-mail. It looks brilliant, and I can't wait to play some more games at Fenway again.

Keep it up, every classic enthusiast appreciates it.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. This stadium was really fun to work on. HCL, I'm glad you've got the screen working for you in the '67 version. I had an absolute blast testing this out after I put it in - just setting it at rookie and drilling ball after ball to left and watching what happened. It's not perfect but working quite a bit of the time. One of the most enjoyable things for me is when I add something like this and I see it actually work for the first time. I almost jumped out of my shoes the first time I knocked one off the right field facade in Yankee. The screen is "just a bit easier" to hit so I could test it a lot.

• 5 months later...

Archived