Marlins Sports Network

Mav3rek

Hey man great work on that video presentation. Before anyone complains they should realize that not one person on these boards gets paid for doing this. It it take lots of work to do them.

This just helps everyone enjoy the game much more. So please think of that before you post.

Keep up the good work man. I will be following.

im sooo pumped about this mav. this is the stuff that gets me interested.

thanks, I'm hoping this will turn out to be as much fun to play as it is to create these videos.

Haha, I love that video man!

thank you very much

Nice vid. Something in the background behind the dude would be cool, but I'm sure you already know that. Also, one tip, try not speaking directly into the mic, then you won't have those "poofs of air" whenever you say a "p" or "b". Amazing work Mav!

thanks for the criticism. I'm still learning Maya so the background will hopefully change one day, but for now, that's about all I know how to do with it. Also, I will keep your advice in mind when recording the audio for the next video.

EAMods.com stadium.

Cool name for the Old Yankee Stadium mav, Good Luck with this, i like it :)

hehe, thanks. I know the a big thing for the Marlins has been the issue of a new stadium and possible relocation and what not, so I wanted to go ahead and give them a new stadium and pretend like construction had started back in '03. Once I saw the amazing work done on the Yankee stadium classic, I had to have it. The opportunity to smack a homer off the top of the stadium in right field is something I look forward to trying to do.

Great video introduction indeed. I wouldn't mind seeing a video after every series, though that maybe way too time consuming. Great job on going with a different style of presentation from the dynasties that are being presented at the moment.

thank you very much. The first video is probably the one that would take the longest, mainly b/c everything had to be done from scratch. I plan on having a regular video up, but I'm not 100% sure that it would be every update.

The little guy moves his hands very often, but I don't expect it to be perfect. The overall presentation is brilliant. Good luck with this...

yeah, that's one of the main things I want to try and adjust on the animation. I think when I exported the animation to jpegs, they got a little out of order b/c when I play it in Maya it doesn't look nearly that bad.

I do think it would be nice if you found a unique way to separate yours from mine. I think right now they are a bit similar.

I have a few things in mind to try and spice mine up a little more, but as of right now my Maya skills are very limited and this video is about the extent of my knowledge of the program. Once I get through some more tutorials and gain some extra knowledge I hope to be able to dramatically improve the video. I'm very thankful to you for you helping me to understand the program, and I wasn't trying to rip off your video or anything. I even mentioned that you are the reason for me being able to make the video in the first post of this thread. I'm not trying to steal your idea, I just thought it was a good idea and wanted to try it myself. (and no, I'm not saying that's what you're thinking, I'm just trying to explain myself a little better)

I love dynasty's with my Marlins! The video thing is cool too.

thank you. I appreciate it.

Hey man great work on that video presentation. Before anyone complains they should realize that not one person on these boards gets paid for doing this. It it take lots of work to do them.

This just helps everyone enjoy the game much more. So please think of that before you post.

Keep up the good work man. I will be following.

thank you for the kind words, I hope to have another video up within the next day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, this dynasty is dead. I don't think I'll be doing any more....

Just kidding...lol.

School has gotten hectic lately, and I'm trying to wait as long as possible to start the actual season b/c I want the rosters to be as accurate as possible.

But, if all goes well, the next video should be up by this weekend at the latest..

Sorry for the delay...

Archived