When We Were Kings: A KC Royals Dynasty ...

CircleChange11

KCTrade2.jpg

kc60.jpg

KC61.jpg

KC62.jpg

I will update the stats/results from my slider settings and post them here shortly. A big challenge that I am finding is making my pitching results more accurate. It seems, even in simmed games, that the Royals pitchers over perform.

I'm using kumala's datafile/sliders, and might try bigjims if the stats/results are too far from MLB averages.

KCsliderdata.jpg

Any comments on how to make played games a little more realistic are greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I keep user and AI contact and power the same (25 and 50 respectively), since I sim half of the games (unless, of course, the sliders do not affect simmed games).

It's also strange that KC has such a "good" SIM'd record (18-13), which is very close to the PLAY'd record (17-14). Both are likely "too good" for the Royals (22nd rank overall according to MVP).

slidersettings.jpg

Current Slider settings below. I may raise the difficulty back up to 50 and adjust the user fatigue to accommodate the increase in pitches.

• 3 weeks later...

ugh, no offense to whoever made the jerseys in that last post--but they aren't very eye-pleasing. The KC is too big, and frankly, the jersey is very boring.

But i actually like this chise, i use kamula's sliders as well, they're great stuff. I made a dynasty for personal use using the trades and moves you did here, and it's great stuff, i haven't played any games in it yet, lol, but my ranking has improved so far.

kaufmann stadium is my favorite stadium in the big leagues right now, so i'm glad you've made a royals dynasty.

Good luck!

ugh, no offense to whoever made the jerseys in that last post--but they aren't very eye-pleasing. The KC is too big, and frankly, the jersey is very boring.

Those are the "Turn Ahead the Clock" jerseys that MLB tried in like 1999. They wer suppossed to be "futuristic" jerseys. THey were part of Spungos "Director's Cut" Kansas City Royals package.

But i actually like this chise, i use kamula's sliders as well, they're great stuff. I made a dynasty for personal use using the trades and moves you did here, and it's great stuff, i haven't played any games in it yet, lol, but my ranking has improved so far.

kaufmann stadium is my favorite stadium in the big leagues right now, so i'm glad you've made a royals dynasty.

Good luck!

I've takena couple weeks off from playing to make new teams/jerseys. But, I will be getting back to playing very soon. MY next series is the KC Crusaders (Royals) against the Wisconsin Warpath (Brewers).

Marlins take 2 of 3 From KC; Royals Lose 4 of Last 6

Game 69

KC69a.jpg

Kyle Davies struggled through 5 innings, giving up 4 runs on 3 homers. Dan "E-4" Uggla put the Marlins ahead with a solo shot in the 2nd, and then Dallas "Jagoff" McPherson would take over from there, hitting not one, but two longballs in the Royals 4-3 loss.

Game 70

KC70a.jpg

Jacob Ryan's 2-Run HR in the 1st off Andrew "Douchebag" Miller gave KC a 2-0 lead. Rookie SP Luke Hochevar would be unable to hold the lead as Jeremy Hermida hit a mammoth 464-ft blast to tie the game 2-2. Then in a repeat of game 1 Uggla and Dallas "Even a BIGGER Jagoff now" McPherson would homer in consecutive games.

After allowing he early HR, Miller would settle in and pitch well enough for the easy victory, improving his record to *cough* 3-6.

Jacob Ryan (.332-14-42) continues to battle A's OF Carlos Gonzalez for the ROY award. [seriously folks, I made this CAP using my son's first and middle name, and he's only a 67 contact, 62 power guy. What gives?]

Game 71 - No Box Score (Oops), KC 7, FLA 2

I'm going to stick with this latest format for updating the dynasty. I like having more pictures, especially with the outstanding unis spungo and others have made. I still need to update another series with StL, a series with MIL, and my current series with LAA ... almost to the ASB.

Royals Take 2 of 3 From Rival Saint Louis

KC72-74.jpg

Funny: Game 73's highlight image features the line "Grienke Shits Down StL ..." err, "shuts down".

-------------------------------------------

Game 72 – StL 2, KC 1

KC (38-34), 1-8-1

StL (36-33), 2-6-2

W – Springer (4-2)

L – Peralta (1-3)

S – None

PoG – Ryan Ludwick, 1-4 2B 2RBI

Summary – Ross Gload doubled home Chris Duncan to give the Royals a 1-0 lead in the top of the 2nd. Brian Bannister and ex-Royal Gil Meche would throw scoreless inning after scoreless inning until Royals CP Joel Peralta (19 saves) entered the game in the 9th inning. Pujols led off the bottom of the 9th with a double, and Glaus reached on an error, putting runners at 1st and 3rd with nobody out. Ankiel was intentionally walked to load the bases, and Ryan Ludwick ended the game with a walk-off 2-Run double, handing Peralta his 3rd loss of the season.

------------------------------------------

Game 73 – KC 3, StL 1

KC (39-34), 2-8-0

StL (36-34), 1-7-1

W – Grienke (8-2)

L – Wellemeyer (3-4)

S – Peralta (20)

PoG – Zack Grienke, 8.0IP 7H 1ER 2K

Summary – Zack Grienke overwhelmed the Cardinals en route to his 8th win of the season. Joey Gathwright singled home Ross Gload to put the Royals up 1-0 in the 4th, and the Cards retaliated with a pair of doubles from Pujols and Ankiel to tie it up 1-1 at the conclusion of the inning. David DeJesus homered in the 5th to give KC a 2-1, and the Royals would tack on another run in the 9th to secure a 3-1 win, evening the series 1-1.

--------------------------------------------

Game 74 – KC 7, StL 3

KC (40-34), 7-8-0

StL (36-35), 3-7-1

W – Davies (8-7)

L – Wainwright (8-5)

S – Hudson (3)

PoG – Alex Gordon, 1-3 HR (3) 4RBI (14)

Summary – Alex Gordon ruined a close 3-2 game in the 6th inning with a mammoth 3-Run HR, giving KC a 6-2 lead. Davies would limit the Redbirds to 2 runs over 6 innings before giving way to Luke Hudson who earned the 3 inning save.

KC loses 2 in MIlwaukee

KC75-77.jpg

Game 75 – MIL 11, KC 3

KC (40-35), 3-9-1

MIL (39-35), 11-11-0

W – Bush (5-2)

L – Hochevar (6-4)

S – None

PoG – Ryan Braun, 1-3 HR (21) 3RBI (53)

Summary – KC SP Luke Hochevar suffered a season-ending (252 days) injury to his throwing shoulder in the 2nd inning. MIL capitalized on the opportunity by bombing the Royals with 4 homers on their way to an 11-3 slaughter. Both teams donned the uniforms of the fantasy teams, KC Crusaders and Wisconsin Warriors. Every member of the Brewers contributed with at least one hit, except for Craig Counsell, who was walked twice.

------------------------------------

Game 76 – KC 5, MIL 1

KC (41-35), 5-4-0

MIL (39-36), 1-8-1

W – Hennessey (7-4)

L – Clemens (0-1)

S – None

PoG – Brad Hennessey, 7.0 IP, 6H, 1ER, 3K

Summary – Brad Hennessey delivered a high quality start, spoiling the MIL debut of future Hall of Famer, Roger Clemens. Clemens only allowed 5 runners, but all 5 would score as the result of 2 HRs by Ryan Spilborghs, who accounted for all 5 of KC’s runs. This was, obviously, the best game Spilborghs has had since his trade to KC from COL, for Jose Guillen.

----------------------------------

Game 77 – MIL 5, KC 4

KC (41-36), 4-10-0

MIL (40-36), 5-15-2

W – Sheets (5-7)

L – Bannister (7-6)

S – Turnbow (16)

PoG – Brad Hennessey, 7.0 IP, 6H, 1ER, 3K

Summary – KC jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the 1st on the strength of Ryan’s RBI triple, and Dunca’s RBI single. But, the Brew Crew touched SP Brian Bannister for 4 runs in the bottom portion of the frame, led by Prince Fielder’s 8th HR of the season and Bill Hall’s 2-Run triple. Hardy would extend the lead to 5-2 with an RBI single in the 3rd. KC would draw closer another HR by Spilborghs (14HR, 40RBI), driving in 2 runs in the 6th, leading to final score of 5-4 in favor of MIL. Turnbow would finish the game, inducing a game-ending double play with the winning run at the plate.

KC Wins a Hard-Fought Series with 1st Place Angels

KC78-80.jpg

--------------------------------

Game 78 – KC 6, LAA 3

KC (42-36), 6-7-0

LAA (46-32), 3-10-2

W – Grienke (9-2)

L – Garland (5-8)

S – Peralta (21)

PoG – Chris Duncan, 1-3 HR (14) 3RBI (46)

Summary – After 3 scoreless innings, highlighted by David DeJesus reaching over the left-field fence to rob Guerrero of a 3-Run HR in the 3rd, KC got on the board with a 3-run HR by Chris Duncan putting KC up 3-0. Spilborghs followed Duncan with a HR of his own, his 4th in the last 3 games. LAA would get on the board in the 5th on a HR by Willits. After Teixeira stole second, Rivera singled him home drawing LAA to within 3, 5-2. After a Molina HR in the 7th, KC would counter with a run in the 8th, as Lopez singled home Buck. Buck would HR in the 9th bringing the game to its final of 6-3, with Peralta picking up his 21st save of the season.

Game 79 – LAA 6, KC 5, 11 innings

KC (42-37), 5-13-1

LAA (47-32), 6-14-1

W – Adenhart (3-0)

L – Hudson (0-2)

S – None

PoG – Rob Quinlan, 2-6, HR (10) RBI (35)

Summary – The teams were all even on the scoreboard except for one hit, and that one hit would be a big one. With one out in the bottom of the 11th, Rob Quinlan ended the game with one swing, delivering a 377-ft HR to left center sending the fireworks into the air, and the fans home happy. Both teams started off with a scoring frenzy, with LAA trailing the game 5-4 after two innings. Torri Hunter knocked in the tying run in the 8th off RP Jimmie Gobble. Neither team would score over the next two innings, and after Adenhart, who pitched 6 scoreless innings in relief, blanked KC in the 11th, Quilan ended the game.

----------------------------------

Game 80 – KC 10, LAA 9

KC (43-37), 10-9-1

LAA (47-33), 9-13-4

W – Hochevar (7-4)

L – Saunders (4-4)

S – Peralta (22)

PoG – Ryan Shealey, 2-5 2HR(3) 5RBI(8)

Summary – The Angels uncharacteristically spotted the Royals 4 unearned runs on 4 errors, as both teams continued to score in what seemed like every inning. Shealey provided the lead for the KC offensive by going deep twice and knocking in 5 runs. The scoring continued in the 9th as KC put up 3 in the top, matched by LAA who scored 3 in the 9th. With Guerrero on 1st, Peralta was able to get Teixeira to hit into a game-ending double play, while representing the winning run.

• 1 month later...

Trade News!

NewRoyalsReportPage-TradeNews.jpg

I've got a solid Royals dynasty going in MVP 08, and to each his own, but I really have a hard time digesting these trades you made. Meche and Butler are two of the best players on this team, and you got little to nothing of value back. lol don't even get me started on the Soria trade :p

Regardless, nice dynasty and keep it up

It's mostly dumping salary. Duncan is rated much higher on this game than he played in 08. He's been a beast, and I was able to replace Meche's performance more cheaply.

Butler fits the DH/1B mold, which the Royals are stocked with these types. I agree Butler is a quality young player, but I was able to send him to SF for some young pitching. Soria, as most closers, are fairly easily replaced, as many reliver types can pitch a shutout inning with a 1+ run lead.

My computer died, so this dynasty has been on hold.

I got a new PC and was able to save most of the stuff off my old hard drive. I'm not sure if this dynasty is able to be continued (TiT is not working with the old copied over MVP05 files).

I have been working on making new teams (fictitional, KC Crusaders, Dallas Dragons, etc)) with new unis/logos, and will likely have to start a new dynasty with a fantasy draft, so every aspect of the game will be "fantasy".

Archived