MVP 2004 PC CTD

Cormega

Hello,

I recently found your wonderful site and decided to dust off MVP 2004 and give the mod a try. I installed the game and played a few games for a couple of days, then I accidently installed the 2008 mod for MVP2005, so I uninstalled everything (mod and game). Ran a registry cleaner and malware scan, all is well.

I then reinstall MVP2004 and when it finishes installing, you know how the game starts itself?, well, mine is just crashing right there, I can't even get to the EA Sports logo! I did some investigating and found a ~e5d141.tmp file keeps loading along with the start of the game. Anyone else have this problem? I've seen it discussed on a few other forums when googling the temp file, even a few guys with the exact same problem I have with mvp2004, but unfortunately, no solutions. I would love to play the mod, someone please help? :cry:

every site is like that if no one knows the answer. why else would anyone post?

the problem you're gonna run into here is that there are only so many guys who know an answer to questions. and with those so many guys, they only know the answer to so many questions. you limit yourself even more by the fact that this is about 04, because of the guys here play 05.

Thanks for the response guys, sorry if I came off impatient.

piratesmvp04, I may have solved it, and yes, it has something to do with security, I'm finding out.

I've done a ton of cleaning thru the registry and temp files and I think I'm getting closer. This morning I was able to install the game, install up to patch#4 and the game started perfectly. Fingers crossed, I'm gonna play an inning or 2 to make sure the game works, then install the MOD. Hopefully no problems, but thanks for being their to support your mod piratesmvp04!

Don't worry about the temporary file - this is just a file that stores program and game data while the game is running. It's standard in a few EA games, MVP '04 and '05 included. My MVP '05 creates a ~e5.0001 file, which stops running when the game is closed.

Perfectly normal. :)

Don't worry about the temporary file - this is just a file that stores program and game data while the game is running. It's standard in a few EA games, MVP '04 and '05 included. My MVP '05 creates a ~e5.0001 file, which stops running when the game is closed.

Perfectly normal. :)

Thanks for replying MarkB. Your correct but my problem was that the game would just crash, yet leave the temp file and mvp2004.exe still running in task manager. Well, I'm not sure what I did (other than clean the **** out of my computer and registry) reloaded everything from scratch and all is fantastic. I am happy to report I just played my first game of my Dynasty and it was smooth as silk, loving this mod!!

One slight problem seems to be though, I loaded the Expansion pack, and some of the graphics for the TB Rays are missing. (My dynasty team).

Is this a common problem, and is there anyway to possibly uninstall just the expansion pack?

MarkB I have a handful of Glaswegian friends and should find myself in Glasgow in Feb 2009!

Cheers,

Mega

The temp file was probably being abandoned because the main program that called it had ended without closing the need for the temp file, but as long as it's working for you now, great. :)

I'm not too sure on the missing graphics, I've not used the '08 for '04 mod, so I couldn't say. piratesmvp04 would know about that much better than me.

Enjoy the trip to Glasgow - try to sneak a gun or two through customs if you can. You may need it. ;)

Archived