Crosley Field Classic

paulw

Well, baseball season has ended and I thought I'd pick up on a project I've wanted to do - make a version of *old* Crosley Field - 1950's and before. The scoreboard came out pretty good and I'm working on the old laundry right behind the left field stands now. It'll be fun to crunch balls off it when I get to working on coll.dat. I want to add some more of those great old buidings that surrounded the park before they tore them all down for the freeway. Here's my first screen shot...

I'd have to have some kind of base model of Leaugue Park to work with. Crosley was easy because EA already had created it. I just went in and moved stuff around and played with the graphics. I don't think anyone has done League. That would be something for the big boys to do - guys like Sean and Rolie and all their cool, new tools. I'm really just kind of a "putz" right now when it comes to modding.

I'd have to have some kind of base model of Leaugue Park to work with. Crosley was easy because EA already had created it. I just went in and moved stuff around and played with the graphics. I don't think anyone has done League. That would be something for the big boys to do - guys like Sean and Rolie and all their cool, new tools. I'm really just kind of a "putz" right now when it comes to modding.

If we had a TC mod with a season involving League Park I'd probably be more inclined to make it. If you really wanted to give it a try paul, I would highly recommend using Braves as a base, since the seating is perpendicular to the foul lines like League.

If we had a TC mod with a season involving League Park I'd probably be more inclined to make it. If you really wanted to give it a try paul, I would highly recommend using Braves as a base, since the seating is perpendicular to the foul lines like League.

Hi Sean-

I put in the collision data for Crosley and am testing it out. When it hit's the beer sign above the laundry it's makes that same clunk you did in Braves with the scoreboard. I kind of guessed - you just put in a "2" for a collision type. Did you know you could win a suit if you hit this sign also - just like in Ebbets. Wally Post was the leader with 6. BTW - I've been kind of watching what you're doing with Yankee. Looks quite cool. I think you guys got a good handle on it but if you need any graphics work just let me know.

I think we're good for now, but there's a good chance there'll be some more classics stuff in the future. You always know you're my first stop when I need graphics.

Sounds good. I'll be watching Yankee and very much looking forward to when it gets released.

I think I'm finished - or very close. I've got the collision data working perfectly on homeruns hitting the laundry, the sign above it or the roof. Hitting the sign takes a real poke but it's kind of fun to take target practice at it. The clunk (same as you hear when a ball hits the foul pole) is worth the effort. The ball then drops down onto the roof, rolls and then falls to the street below. I'm going to watch about 5 minutes of "When it was a Game Part 2 tonight -between the 9:00 and 12:00 minute mark-and check if there's anything left to add. Anyhow, final screen shot:

• 3 weeks later...

Since there was more interest in Crosley than I expected (thanks to everyone who downloaded it!) I've added an update. The only substantive difference is some new - kind of cool looking - buildings and signs in r.f. Below is a new screen shot.

In regards to the terrace I would absolutely love to put it in. I looked at the new Houston stadium and couldn't figure out exactly what they did. What I'm wondering is in the stadium used for the hitting derby what they did. There are ramps and all kinds of collision stuff. I'm going to try this angle sometime. Has anyone else ever looked at that ballpark?

• 4 weeks later...

I have played several games here and have hit the sign above the building that overlooks the left field wall. It makes a loud 'clang' when it is hit-pretty cool. And it confuses the announcers as they make a comment about it being " just fair by inches"-obviously the sound makes them believe it hit the foul pole which makes the same noise-pretty funny. Thanks again for this great mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived