Cleveland Indians -- It's Tribe Time Now!

SpaceFlare

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty surprised he didn't go after Meloan after I plunked him. But that's the CPU's decision.

I had to make up the whole Chris Davis thing as he got suspended in my game and I needed a reason why he got suspended so I ended up making him back up Scott Feldman, who suffered a fractured knee, and get involved in a wrestling match with Hudson.

Komine shuts down Indians offense; A's win 4-0

Boxscore: CLE 0 - OAK 4

The Oakland A's decided to kill off all momentum the Indians had, not just by snapping their four game winning streak, but also by shutting down what had been an explosive offense during the trip to Arlington.

Shane Komine was effectively wild in his first start, pitching seven scoreless innings, giving up four hits, walking five batters and striking out five as well.

Anthony Reyes was ineffective again for the 3rd time in as many starts on the season. The A's got 7 base hits off of him, scoring 3 runs. Reyes walked 3 batters and only struck out 2.

Orlando Hudson served the first of his seven-game suspension; Jamey Carroll started in 2nd base in his place. Carroll went hitless in 4 at-bats.

Player of the Game:

Eric Chavez: 2/4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI

Pictures of the Game:

cle131pp4.th.png

Eric Chavez hits a two-run home run in the 2nd inning.

cle132od2.th.png

Shane Komine is hit on the arm by a come-backer from the bat of Asdrubal Cabrera.

cle133ub4.th.png

Brad Ziegler celebrates his two-inning save.

Next Game:

Cleveland Indians (9-4)

(Scott Lewis)

vs

Oakland Athletics (5-9)

(Sean Gallagher)

CLE13.htm

Despite striking out 14 times, Indians wallop Athletics

Boxscore: CLE 8 - OAK 2

The Indians couldn't touch Sean Gallagher's fastball, so he fanned seven batters in 3.1 innings. But Gallagher didn't have any of his breaking balls tonight, so the Indians scored six runs off of him.

Grady Sizemore did a lot of the damage. With Asdrubal Cabrera and Sal Fasano on the bases, Sizemore whacked a slider on the inner half of the plate and belted it for a three-run shot.

Scott Lewis was sharp again tonight. Lewis pitched a complete game shutout in his last start against the Athletics, and this time he threw 6.1 innings and gave up only 2 runs on 4 hits. He walked only 1 batter and struck out 4.

The Indians got an injury scare when Shin-Soo Choo lunged for a foul ball by Prince Fielder. Choo ran hard towards the ball, dived and landed hard in the dirt. Getting up with a slight limp, the trainers decided to pull him out of the game for cautionary reasons.

"It's just sore," Choo commented, "It hurts a bit, I won't miss a lot of time. Hopefully, I can go tomorrow."

Athletics shortstop Cliff Pennington also left the game after he sprained his ankle going after a hard hit line drive off the bat of Ben Francisco. He is expected to miss at least a week and is not going to need a trip to the disabled list.

Orlando Hudson served the second of his 7-game suspension; Jamey Carroll, again, started in his place at 2nd base. Carroll went 1 for 4 with 2 RBIs.

Player of the Game:

Sal Fasano: 2/3, 2 R, 2 H, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K

Pictures of the Game:

cle141dd4.th.png

Jamey Carroll hits an RBI single to put the Indians on the board.

cle142zz2.th.png

Ben Francisco catches what would have been a potential RBI double off of Rob Bowen's bat.

cle143kp4.th.png

Ryan Garko touches home plate as he scores on the sacrifice fly by Jamey Carroll.

cle144mz5.th.png

Grady Sizemore took Sean Gallagher deep to score three runs.

Next Game:

Cleveland Indians (10-4)

(Aaron Laffey)

vs

Oakland Athletics (5-10)

(Gio Gonzalez)

CLE14.htm

Hey Andre, sorry Ive been so absent. I just had the chance to read up, and its really good so far. I also wanted to apologise for the non-help. Ive been off and on with the internet lately, and really havnt had time for this site. My graphics card is on the fritz, causing my game to crash when Im done playing it, plus the graphical smudges during the game. I need a new one. Thats what happenes when you have a cheap computer and cheap card. I need an AGP comp. I will email you soon, to see what I can do from here, if you still need help with anything. Things are starting to clear up. Ive got court tomorrow for a fine I have to pay, but other than that, just christmas stuff to look after, then all is clear sailing.

Hmm, well I'm kind of happy with my presentation format so far. So I guess I don't really need help any more. Unless you are still willing to make stuff look better with the help of pictures.

I haven't updated in a while because I've started to become really busy at uni. It seems like I won't be able to enjoy the holiday break.. They're giving us work on the holidays as well.

I'll post my next game in a while. I've already played it a few days ago but have not had time to post it in here.

Choo rests sore knee; Indians lose to Athletics

Boxscore: CLE 3 - OAK 5

With Shin-Soo Choo resting a sore knee, the Indians offense looked anemic through eight innings. Through eight innings, the Indians rapped out 7 hits, but were unable to bring home a run.

Athletics starter Gio Gonzalez was solid through 8.0 innings. Despite giving up seven hits, he walked only two batters and struck out six batters.

The Indians finally got to him with two men down in the final inning. Asdrubal Cabrera and Jamey Carroll lined singles to get on base. And Grady Sizemore drove them in with a long ball.

The late rally was killed off by the entrance of closer Joey Devine, who induced a ground out from the bat of Ben Francisco to end the game.

Indians starter Aaron Laffey struggled and could not get past the 5th inning. He struck out 4 batters, and walked 1 batter in 4.2 innings, while giving up 5 runs on 9 hits.

Franklin Gutierrez started in right field in place of Choo, and went 1 for 4. Getting his first hit of the season.

Player of the Game:

Jack Cust: 2/3, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 HR

Pictures of the Game:

cle151nw6.th.png

Jack Cust drills a solo home run to right field to put the Athletics on the board.

cle152qa5.th.png

Grady Sizemore hits a double off of Gio Gonzalez to lead off the 3rd inning.

cle153uz7.th.png

Daric Barton snags a liner by Franklin Gutierrez.

cle154hx6.th.png

Joey Devine celebrates his one-out save.

Next Game:

Boston Red Sox (10-6)

(Jon Lester)

vs

Cleveland Indians (10-5)

(Fausto Carmona)

CLE15.htm

Indians snap Red Sox winning streak at five

Boxscore: BOS 3 - CLE 9

Scoring six runs in the eighth inning, the Indians ran away with the win against the Boston Red Sox.

With the game tied 3-3, Terry Francona opted to go to Hideki Okajima to pitch in relief of starter Jon Lester. Lester went 7.0 innings, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits, walking 3 batters and punching out 7.

Okajima could not find the plate as he walked Shin-Soo Choo on four straight balls, and then hitting Ryan Garko. He seemed to find his rhythm, as he struck out Jhonny Peralta and Travis Hafner. But Kelly Shoppach would hit an RBI double to give the Indians the lead for good.

Later on in the inning, Grady Sizemore would serve up a grand slam home run that nearly landed in the upper deck.

Indians closer Jensen Lewis, who was looking to make his first appearance in over a week, was made to sit down as the Indians lead ballooned to 6 runs on that grand slam.

Player of the Game:

Grady Sizemore: 2/5, 1 R, 6 RBI

Pictures of the Game:

cle161nw7.th.png

Travis Hafner rounds the bases as he puts the Indians on the scoreboard via a solo homer in the 3rd inning.

cle162ex6.th.png

Jamey Carroll and Kelly Shoppach score on the double by Grady Sizemore.

cle163gu7.th.png

Grady Sizemore rounds the bases on his grand slam in the eighth inning.

Next Game:

Boston Red Sox (10-7)

(Daisuke Matsuzaka)

vs

Cleveland Indians (11-5)

(Cliff Lee)

CLE16.htm

Lewis gives up winning run to Red Sox

Boxscore: BOS 3 - CLE 2

With only two runs on board for both clubs heading into the ninth, Indians manager Eric Wedge opted to go to closer Jensen Lewis to set his team up for a win heading into the bottom of the ninth inning.

Lewis, who had not appeared in a game in over a week, showed signs of rust as he was unable to command the strike zone and gave up what ended up being the game-winning run for the Boston Red Sox. Lewis' ERA on the season now stands at 4.50, having given up all his earned runs in non-save situations.

Hideki Okajima coming off a rough appearance in yesterday's game, pitched a scoreless eighth inning and also picked up the win.

Cliff Lee pitched through 8.0 innings, giving up 2 runs on 5 hits, while fanning six batters and walking only two. Red Sox starter Daisuke Matsuzaka matched Lee with a line of 7.0 innings, giving up 2 runs on 7 hits, while striking out 8 batters and walking 3.

Jonathan Papelbon picked up his 7th save of the year on 12 pitches. He pitched a scoreless frame, racking up two strikeouts in the process.

Player of the Game:

Jason Bay: 2/4, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 HR

Pictures of the Game:

cle171tu1.th.png

Kevin Youkilis unsuccessfully checks his swing and ends up striking out against Cliff Lee.

cle172vj6.th.png

Jason Bay connects on a solo shot to give the Red Sox a one-run lead in the 5th inning.

cle173yr9.th.png

Travis Hafner knots the score at 2 runs apiece with an RBI single in the sixth inning.

Next Game:

Boston Red Sox (11-7)

(Oliver Perez)

vs

Cleveland Indians (11-6)

(Anthony Reyes)

CLE17.htm

Man this is fantastic! I am loving reading it. It would be even better if the real tribe lands Oh-Hud!

Thanks for the kind words, and yes, it'd be nice to see the real Indians land O-Dog. Although, I don't know how much money they have left to spend after signing Kerry Wood to a deal. Looking forward to seeing Kerry Wood closing games for us next year.

I actually have a game played but I'll post it after my exam on Monday afternoon at the latest. That'd be my final exam for the year 2008 and then I can cash in on my holiday break.

At least, for the first few days. They've already given me a whole boatload of work to do over the break, but I'll manage to sneak some games in.

Victor Martinez to return next game?

Indians catcher Victor Martinez, who has been out for the last two weeks with a strained knee meniscus, is targeting a return in the last game of the Indians series against the Red Sox.

Martinez, who played 1st base a couple of times earlier this season, injured the knee when he took a diving stop to make a difficult play to save third baseman Jhonny Peralta a throwing error.

Martinez had no setbacks in his rehab. He was able to play catcher in AAA and knocked 2 homers in his only rehab start.

Martinez may possibly return to the team as the catcher, and not 1st base, which moves Kelly Shoppach back to the bench. Garko seems to be penciled in as the 1st baseman, and Hafner has been hitting too well to be benched in favor of Shoppach.

Bullpen blows another game; Red Sox win in extra innings

Boxscore: BOS 6 - CLE 4

Indians starter Anthony Reyes is still seeking that elusive first win of the season. Despite pitching his first quality start of the year, he could not pick up the win as Rafael Betancourt and Jensen Lewis could not stop the Boston Red Sox from coming back and forcing the game into extra innings.

Anthony Reyes threw six shutout innings, allowing six hits, and walking only one batter. Reyes racked up seven strikeouts along the way. And after Edward Mujica pitched a scoreless 7th, things started going haywire.

In the eighth inning, set-up man Rafael Betancourt was chased out after recording only two outs. Giving up 3 runs on 3 hits, and walking one batter to put the Red Sox within one run.

Indians manager Eric Wedge opted to bring in closer Jensen Lewis to pitch a 4-out save. After nailing the last out of the 8th inning, Lewis would implode in the ninth. Walking a batter, and giving up 1 run on 2 hits. This was the first run Jensen Lewis had given up on a save situation.

In the 10th inning, Jeremy Sowers came in relief of Jensen Lewis. Sowers pitched solid during the 10th and the 11th, racking up 4 strikeouts and not allowing any hits.

But Sowers ran out of gas in the 12th, as Jarrod Saltalamacchia clobbered a two-run shot off Jeremy Sowers. These were the first runs given up by Jeremy Sowers all season.

Catcher Victor Martinez was not activated today. Martinez is likely to return on the first game of the series against the Seattle Mariners. He is expected to play catcher upon return, and not first base, the position he played on opening day.

Players of the Game:

Kevin Youkilis: 4/6, 1 R, 1 RBI

Jarrod Saltalamacchia: 2/5, 1 R, 3 RBI, 1 HR, game-winning hit

Pictures of the Game:

cle181gx7.th.png

Jhonny Peralta puts the Indians on board with an RBI single.

cle182ui4.th.png

Anthony Reyes delivers on a strikeout pitch. Reyes struck out 7 batters through 6.0 innings.

Next Game:

Seattle Mariners (8-10)

(Ryan Rowland-Smith)

vs

Cleveland Indians (12-7)

(Scott Lewis)

CLE18.htm

I'm gonna be experimenting on different shot angles for the pictures. I might change the lineup when Orlando Hudson returns. I might move Sizemore to the 3rd spot in the lineup seeing as I seem to get hits with him a lot more when men are on base. And he's currently leading the team in RBIs.

Choo seems to have hit a cold spell but I might move him down to batting clean-up. Let's just see how the lineup shakes out.

Hudson's return to the lineup is on the 2nd game of the Seattle series. Jon Meloan will begin serving his suspension by then. If Meloan continues struggling when he returns from his suspension, I might demote him in favor of Adam Miller, who should give the bullpen a boost.

Martinez returns to lineup; Indians clobber Mariners

Boxscore: SEA 3 - CLE 8

Scott Lewis did not pitch as well as he had in his previous starts, but the Indians offense kicked it up another notch to help him pick up the win.

The Indians offense absolutely tore apart Mariners starter Ryan Rowland-Smith. Rapping out 8 hits against him, two landed in the stands, for 7 runs through 4.2 innings.

Jhonny Peralta did most of the damage, plating in two runs on a single in the 1st inning, and then going yard for 3 runs in the 5th inning.

Catcher Victor Martinez showed that he is healthy. Hitting a two-run shot in the 4th inning that pumped up the ruckus crowd in attendance.

Mariners DH Wily Mo Pena left the game after a collision with Asdrubal Cabrera as Pena attempted to break up the double play. His leg seemed to buckle as he went for the hard slide. He was carried off the field by his teammates.

Player of the Game:

Jhonny Peralta: 2/4, 1 R, 5 RBI, 1 HR

Pictures of the Game:

cle191yq1.th.png

Scott Lewis shows off a nifty pick-off move by throwing out Jose Lopez at first base.

cle192pj5.th.png

Adam Dunn watches his solo shot land deep in the stands

cle193dq7.th.png

Victor Martinez breaks off for 1st base in his only hit in the game; a two-run homer in the 4th inning.

Next Game:

Seattle Mariners(8-11)

(Felix Hernandez)

vs

Cleveland Indians(12-7)

(Aaron Laffey)

CLE19.htm

Indians shut down Mariners in win

Boxscore: SEA 0 - CLE 3

It would've been a much closer game if not for the two errors committed by Gold Glove center fielder Ichiro Suzuki.

Felix Hernandez pitched well enough to win, going 7.0 innings, allowing six hits and giving up 3 runs, only 1 earned, and striking out 7 batters. He did show erratic control as he also walked 4 batters.

Aaron Laffey shows why the Indians are giving him a chance. After failing to get through 5 innings in his last start, Laffey pitched eight shutout innings, giving up six hits but not walking any batter. He did only strike out two batters.

Victor Martinez went 0 for 3 in his 2nd game back from injury but he showed that he could hit the ball well. Hitting two deep flyballs that looked like they could've hit the stands, as well as hitting a sharp liner snagged out of the air by Mariners third baseman Edwin Encarnacion.

Jensen Lewis finally nailed a quiet save. Needing only seven pitches to pick up his 3rd save of the year. He also struck out one batter.

Player of the Game:

Aaron Laffey: 8.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO

Pictures of the Game:

cle201to6.th.png

Adam Dunn strikes out looking at a perfect slider that nailed the outside corner delivered by Aaron Laffey.

cle202ag4.th.png

Asdrubal Cabrera is thrown out at home plate. The outfield assist goes to Ken Griffey Jr.

cle203xh8.th.png

Edwin Encarnacion strikes out to end the game. Jensen Lewis picks up his 3rd save of the season.

Next Game:

Seattle Mariners (8-12)

(Erik Bedard)

vs

Cleveland Indians (13-7)

(Fausto Carmona)

CLE20.htm

Indians shut down Mariners once again

Boxscore: SEA 0 - CLE 5

The Indians pitching shut down the Mariners once again as Fausto Carmona brought out his best stuff to beat Erik Bedard.

Carmona pitched 6.2 innings of shutout ball, allowing 4 hits and fanning 6 batters. He also walked 3 batters. Rafael Perez showed why Eric Wedge continues to go to him in clutch situations, as he struck out all 4 batters he faced.

Ben Francisco hit a 3-run homer in the eighth inning to make the score 5-0, which was the game's final score. Jensen Lewis, who was ready to enter the game come the ninth inning to try to pick up his 4th save opportunity, did not enter the game in the ninth.

Erik Bedard did not have his best stuff tonight as the Indians could've scored a whole lot more runs off of him. Through 7.0 innings, the Indians had 7 hits off him; scored 2 runs, only 1 earned; walked 3 batters; and struck out only 1 batter.

Player of the Game:

Ben Francisco: 2/3, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, HBP

Next Game:

Cleveland Indians (14-7)

(Cliff Lee)

vs

Boston Red Sox (12-9)

(Jon Lester)

CLE21.htm

CLE21.htm

No pics again, I actually had Fraps running and was surprised to see the folder didn't have the new pics I had taken during the game. Weird..

Anyway, before the next game, I'll be updating standings... During every last upcoming off-day of every game month, I'll do a standings update. I'm about to head for a tough AL East clash. I have to go against the Red Sox, Yankees, and then the Blue Jays.. All of which are doing pretty well, this is gonna be a tough stretch.

And it'll hurt not having Grady Sizemore for the series against the Yankees.

MLB Standings as of April 23, 2009

American League

AL West

Texas Rangers 13-9

Oakland Athletics 10-12

Seattle Mariners 8-13

Los Angeles Angels 6-17

AL Central

Cleveland Indians 14-7

Kansas City Royals 14-8

Chicago White Sox 11-12

Detroit Tigers 10-11

Minnesota Twins 9-14

AL East

New York Yankees 13-8

Boston Red Sox 13-9

Tampa Bay Rays 13-9

Toronto Blue Jays 12-11

Baltimore Orioles 8-14

MLB Standings as of April 23, 2009

National League

NL West

Los Angeles Dodgers 15-7

Colorado Rockies 11-12

San Francisco Giants 10-11

San Diego Padres 10-12

Arizona Diamondbacks 9-14

NL Central

Chicago Cubs 14-9

Milwaukee Brewers 13-8

Houston Astros 12-9

Pittsburgh Pirates 12-9

Cincinnati Reds 10-11

St. Louis Cardinals 7-16

NL East

Philadelphia Phillies 13-9

New York Mets 11-10

Washington Nationals 11-11

Atlanta Braves 9-12

Washington Nationals 8-15

Ugh, Fraps has stopped working for some reason.. I actually have it running and when I want to take screenshots with it, it just doesn't seem to work.. Maybe it's just the keyboard that has a broken F10 key.

I'll have to post the next game without pics again as a result, might be doing that soon.

Archived