Can Pitcher Bat Eighth?

jhoff80

Basically, this will be the second straight year LaRussa will go with the pitcher batting eighth. I don't know if I agree with it or not, but it seemed fine to me that MVP05 didn't support it, since it's not exactly common. But I was just wondering if 2K9 has this as a possibility, or if they can't even follow that accurately?

Basically, this will be the second straight year LaRussa will go with the pitcher batting eighth. I don't know if I agree with it or not, but it seemed fine to me that MVP05 didn't support it, since it's not exactly common. But I was just wondering if 2K9 has this as a possibility, or if they can't even follow that accurately?

You can bat the pitcher 8th in MVP. You can do it when you set the permanent lineups (lineup vs lefty/no dh, lineup vs lefty/dh, etc.) or on a game by game basis, just by selecting the pitchers spot and the number eight batter's spot and clicking "swap."

What do you mean "MVP05 didn't support it?"

MVP allows you to bat the pitcher 8th. I've done it in all my recent Cards dynasties.

I haven't tried batting a pitcher 8th in 2K9, but you can pinch hit with a pitcher. I don't think MVP 05 would let you do that. Personally I see the latter as being the more realistic option, but then again I'm more of an AL fan so what do I know.

Archived