Wow, Im Lost

JeremyB

hey guys

wow, im lost as to how to set up the controller in mlb2k9.

Im using a logitech dual action and am trying to map the buttons, I have searched around the forums here and tried to follow the suggestions and am now slightly more confused then before,lol. Does anybody have a profile for this controller? or is there no way to add controller profiles with this game? or maybe a tutorial?

I also tried to play with the keyboard and cant kinda figure out the pitching but cant hit at all, the options say to press num pad 8 for a swing but it doesnt do anything?

any help would be great

Jeremy

yeah I can see that, I have mlb 09 the show and MVP to play. the only reason I bought mlb2k9 is for the mods that heopefully will come for it.

that is if we can figure out how to set it up,lol. but I see some people can get it working fine so hopefully I can get it working ;)

I have the same controller, and here's how I set it up. This is the mapping for batting, but keep in mind this also effects all the other aspects of the controls as well; pitching, fielding, baserunning, and action/key button. Not sure if there is a 'correct' way to do it or not, but after hours of messing with it, this seems the most comprehensible. Hope this helps.

Batting

Pause - Button 10

Switch Sides (For Switch Hitters Only) - Button 9

Lead Off/Steal For All Runners - Button 5

Coaches Clipboard - POV UP (D Pad)

Coaches Clipboard - POV RIGHT (D Pad)

Coaches Clipboard - POV LEFT (D Pad)

Coaches Clipboard - POV DOWN (D Pad)

Aim Hit Up - Axis Y Negative (Left Stick Up)

Aim Hit Down - Axis Y Positive (Left Stick Down)

Aim Hit Left - Axis X Negative (Left Stick Left)

Aim Hit Right - Axis X Positve (Left Stick Right)

Swing - Axis RZ Negative (Right Stick Up)

Set Batter - Axis RZ Positive (Right Stick Down)

Unused - Axis Z Negative (Right Stick Left)

Unused - Axis Z Positive (Right Stick Right)

Lead Off/Steal For Individual - Button 7

Decrease Lead/Dive Back Individual - Button 8

Select Baserunner - Button 2

Lock Batter's Eye - Button 3

Bunt - Button 4

Batter's Eye - Button 1

Edit - Just FYI, the Coaches Clipboard will bring up pitcher/batter stats in game, and the unused buttons effect the other controls.

I use the same controller and it took me an hour to get used to the controls. I stil have trouble running the bases. I did try to reconfig but made it worse, hehe. Man if someone could only use the eye candy from 2k9, the guts, gameplay and interface with MVP 05, there would be no need for another bb game.

thanks Joe, they work ;)

the only problem im having is with the fielding though, for example I press the 4 button and it throws to first? weird but at least I am furter then I was this morning. I also had it on classic

Jeremy

Left Stick controls your fielders

Right Stick to throw the ball (aim in direction of the base)

Button 5 throws to cut off from outfield

Just off the top of my head, I believe Button 2 will "select the fielder closest to the ball".

Yep. And on offense, it changes runners.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived