What's Up With The Pitching?

LouisvilleLipp

I've tried Guru's sliders that are suppose to limit high scoring games and I just lost to Detroit 19-0 (I was Tampa Bay) The pitching is confusing as hell to me. I will fill the circle and locate the pitch outside the strike zone and still give up big hits. Another thing, what does the 1 and 2 mean on certain pitches? A arrow will point up for 1 and down for 2 on fastballs, and 1 points up and 2 is in a circular motion on sliders and curves. Is this the motion to move the right stick prior to throwing the pitch? I just want competitive games, I realize blowouts occur sometimes, but I've been getting smoked every game. It's over after 3 innings.

The default aim for the pitching is also where it breaks, not where it will end up or cross the strike zone necessarily. You will see 0-4 arrows pointing in whatever direction the pitch breaks, and how much it breaks, so you should adjust your aim accordingly. You can also change it to pin point mode if you don't want to deal with the adjustments, or change the pitching using the classic A,B,X,Y, etc. buttons.

To change options, go to Options -> Controller Settings -> then push the number 4 on your keyboard or left click the analog stick on your controller. This brings up a menu to change all the pitching and hitting options.

The classic control works something like this tutorial, although this is the release timing system incorporated, which you don't need in the new 2 release system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5yCI4YJxE

Just follow the tutorial, except there is no green circle to time at the end of the release, unless you turn that option on. You can also go into practice mode and work on all these things instead of getting hammered in a game.

IMO using classic control pitching is a huge pain in the ****.

After some getting used to, the total control pitching works fine and I only allow about 2-3 runs per game.

I agree. I don't particularly like classic control either. I just wish I can pitch without giving up so many homeruns. Maybe I don't understand how to use total control. I thought that you wait until the circle fills up, then throw. Seems like that makes the batter hit the ball that much harder. And also I don't understand the 1 and 2 on certain pitches as well as where the arrows point. What does those things mean?

I agree. I don't particularly like classic control either. I just wish I can pitch without giving up so many homeruns. Maybe I don't understand how to use total control. I thought that you wait until the circle fills up, then throw. Seems like that makes the batter hit the ball that much harder. And also I don't understand the 1 and 2 on certain pitches as well as where the arrows point. What does those things mean?

Pitch Positions:

#1: The first position you move the stick too. Move and hold until the yellow circle is as large as possibe (for better effort on the pitch).

#2: Once the yellow circle is where you want it, move the stick to this postion to complete the pitch.

*The arrows under the pitches indicate the break/movement of the pitch. Need to take into account these as well when pitching.

*Suggest you go into Practice mode and practice, it will help you greatly. I use Guru's sliders as well, having some great games. Guru's sliders are not for someone who doesn't have the basic pitching controls down though.

Good luck.

Pitch Positions:

#1: The first position you move the stick too. Move and hold until the yellow circle is as large as possibe (for better effort on the pitch).

#2: Once the yellow circle is where you want it, move the stick to this postion to complete the pitch.

*The arrows under the pitches indicate the break/movement of the pitch. Need to take into account these as well when pitching.

*Suggest you go into Practice mode and practice, it will help you greatly. I use Guru's sliders as well, having some great games. Guru's sliders are not for someone who doesn't have the basic pitching controls down though.

Good luck.

Thx for the heads-up Maestro, will give practice a shot.

Hey guys,

i'm a complete newbie to this series. never played a baseball game before.

first i must say, i love it. but, i cant throw strikes, most of the time balls..its frustating.

what does the yellow circle means? i dont get it. ( i use the classic mode with a dual gamepad)

so basicly i have no idea, holding the button or not, raising the circle or not? i tried almost everything...without success.

Hey guys,

i'm a complete newbie to this series. never played a baseball game before.

first i must say, i love it. but, i cant throw strikes, most of the time balls..its frustating.

what does the yellow circle means? i dont get it. ( i use the classic mode with a dual gamepad)

so basicly i have no idea, holding the button or not, raising the circle or not? i tried almost everything...without success.

Vasko4,

I think in "classic mode" you use the buttons to select a pitch and yellow circle thingy become pointless. I tried classic mode

and it drove me crazy. Use total control and map your left a.stick to aim and set the r. stick to pitch.

You have complete control and it is a pretty good system (with lots of practice of course).

In total control pitching I can aim left, right and up, but I can never aim low in the strikezone. Am I doing something wrong?

if you are trowing something that has downward movement (most pitches do) you will need to adjust your aim for that movement. Think of the reticule as the target before the pitch breaks.

In terms of pitching location, I think you need to mix speeds and location, and try not to fall into a pattern. Also, if you're throwing the fastball, you don't have to aim inside the box at all. Just a bit outside where it barely touches the border, and you should be OK.

I understand the concept behind the pitching, but what I am missing is how do you select the different pitches?

You don't, you just throw them. Turn off the catcher calling the game or he'll miss some of your pitches thinking they are going where he called for them to go.

the game looks nice. have wait longer for this, because import to germany.

o.k. but the pitching is horror. i don´t know what i must do ?

i lost every game with more than 10 points. i must pitch slow or the ball

goes out the zone. than the batter hit every of my pitches. i hate this.

same problem. if i batting and touch the ball every in the field catch this.

the game is bouring because i have no chance for pitch a strike or make

a good hit.

i play classic but dont know what i must do when i pitch. the mvp 05 was

there much better

Archived