How Come When I Start The Game I Am Player 2?

Jim825

When I started up MLB 2K9, by default, it had me assigned as Player 2 and my Saitek P880 controller as Controller #2. Does anyone have any idea why it did not default me as Player 1 and choose my controller as Controller #1? Could it be because of the USB port I have my controller plugged into?

I just purchased a new Xbox 360 controller on eBay for $21.50 tonight, so I'll have to see if it makes any difference once I start using that controller instead of the P880.

i have the same problem, i posted it in the controller isues thread, but i'll post it here too:

hope i can explain this in my bad english smile.gif

first of all controller is set in the same way as nba 2k9 so i had no problems setting it up, even though it sucks that keys are binded together for pitching, batting, fielding and baserunning and can't be set diferrently. but the biggest problem is the one i'm having with the nba 2k9 too - i don't know how to connect controller with the profile. that basicly means that when i enter the game keyboard is the default controller, and not gamepad. that means i can't use gamepad from the start, and that also means i can't play home run derby couse it tells me there's no profile linked with the gamepad. does anybody know how to fix this (in nba i couldn't play slam dunk competition). cheers!

I had this same issue with my Logitech Rumblepad 2 and I believe it was due to connecting the controller to the computer AFTER I had started the game. It seems dumb, but I quit the game and started over with no problem (since the game saw the controller once it started). I just tested it out to see if it would happen again...and it did. The game sees the keyboard only at startup as that being the default first player. When the controller is connected, it sees it as a second player. It would be great if they allowed the two (player one and two) to be selected with the controller. Maybe in a future patch.

If it is anything likne MVP is for me, it has to do with the port you plug it into. I had a controller plugged in I used for High Heat, but it doesn't work for MVP. So, I grabbed another controller I had, and plugged it into another slot. It defaults as controller #2.

Archived