Patch Announced For Pc

Patrick1609

Just read that over @2k:

Hey all,

To confirm what many of you have suspected by my other postings, we are going to have a second update be released in the coming weeks and a first one on PC that will encompass the day one update that was released on the consoles. There is no set date but I hope to have a better idea of when that will be late next week. The patch will address many issues, but most notably the AI batting aggression and the ease of home runs in online mode and certain difficulties. Those are the only ones I can confirm at this time. Thanks to those who posted in the Patch Fix List, I will be closing that list now. Please let me know if you have questions about the patch and I will do my best to answer them.

Ronnie

FINALLY!! This is gr8 news!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really enjoying this game so far. Hopefully a few patches does the trick. Potential is there B)

Yeah i agree. Now that i have found some good sliders it makes a world of difference. I can strike out, hit home runs at a normal pace, steal bases, etc etc it plays near perfect! I just save every 3 innings in case one of those crazy bugs pops up, they annoy the hell out of me!!!

Im really enjoying this game so far. Hopefully a few patches does the trick. Potential is there B)

Same here. After 30 or so games (tweaking sliders), I've only seen the 1st baseman bug once, and the outfield wall bug once. If I remember right, MVP had a couple glitches 'out of the box' too. Maybe I've just been lucky to this point, I'll find out when I get into my season, but if a patch addresses (and fixes) the right issues, I won't have a reason to abandon this game.

Out of the box, the presentation, the graphics, and the atmosphere are very, very good. Let's just hope there's a way to get solid, consistent game play.

Ive only encountered the 1st base bug once or twice. I to am using diffrent slider settings. Playing some really good competitive games. I just love the whole Tv presentation and post game vids. Its really kool B)

And as for realism Im sold!!! Im 1-8 with the Pirates so far :mad:

I'm 6-4 with the Cardinals so far, making a come back on a 3 game winning streak.

I also rarely get the 1B bug, unless it's my fault. But it has happened a few times. The outfielder wall glitch seems to be in certain stadiums. I had a 3 game series where it happened every game, but hasn't happened since.

I realize there are probably more people that own the 360 version, but you have to wonder if one or the other experience the bugs more often. (360 vs PC). A lot of the complaints I have heard (and rightfully so) are coming from console owners as opposed to the ones that own the PC version. This could just be due to the fact that there are probably more people that own the 360 version, I really have no idea, but like I said, I'm just not seeing the complete train wreck that some people are talking about.

As a matter of fact, I'm having a blast with this game so far.

Joe i think the biggest problem is that most people own the 360 are young kids. They expect the throw meter to be maxed in the red and have no error, or run around in the outfield like a monkey and expect to catch everything coming their way in their first game. They don't want to practice playing, they just want to dominate the first game they play.

I could be completely wrong, but i think a lot of the "glitches" are user error and how 2K intended the game to be. Although the 1B bug is definitely a glitch, more times then not, it is user error.

All we get is the first patch the console already had that fixed almost nothing?

IMO the batter aggression is fine with some sliders. I have no problem getting K's.

I posed this question in the thread on 2k. It's not entirely clear from what the Admin there said as to whether the PC patch would only be the equivalent of the first console patch or if it would be a combined patch of all fixes. Either or could make sense. Hopefully he'll answer soon.

You could be right, it's definitely 'to each his own' when it comes to gaming, and especially sports games. I used to work with a guy that played every game of the season, as I did, and he was proud of the fact that he (his own created player) had hit 70 homeruns by the middle of May. I could only laugh, but like I said, to each his own. If that's the way he enjoyed it, then more power to him.

But I want realism, solid game play and accuracy. To me, graphics and presentation take the back seat, hence the reason MVP has been on the hard drive for so long. If I desired graphics and presentation over game play, I would have wasted another 60 bucks like I did last year on The Show. Great looking game, but every other aspect was broke, not to mention it was a console baseball game, which I had vowed years before to never buy again. But like an idiot that holds out hope that 'this might be the one', I did it anyway only to find out my instincts were correct.

Never again. Ever. Will I buy another console baseball game. Ever.

So with all this being said, I'm just not seeing the train wreck with 2K9 as others have, but again, between tweaking and the way I approach the game, maybe it's just not happened yet. Maybe I've been lucky, who knows.

Worst possible scenario is that I'm out 19 bucks, and at least so far it's been worth it.

You could be right, it's definitely 'to each his own' when it comes to gaming, and especially sports games. I used to work with a guy that played every game of the season, as I did, and he was proud of the fact that he (his own created player) had hit 70 homeruns by the middle of May. I could only laugh, but like I said, to each his own. If that's the way he enjoyed it, then more power to him.

But I want realism, solid game play and accuracy. To me, graphics and presentation take the back seat, hence the reason MVP has been on the hard drive for so long. If I desired graphics and presentation over game play, I would have wasted another 60 bucks like I did last year on The Show. Great looking game, but every other aspect was broke, not to mention it was a console baseball game, which I had vowed years before to never buy again. But like an idiot that holds out hope that 'this might be the one', I did it anyway only to find out my instincts were correct.

So with all this being said, I'm just not seeing the train wreck with 2K9 as others have, but again, between tweaking and the way I approach the game, maybe it's just not happened yet. Maybe I've been lucky, who knows.

Worst possible scenario is that I'm out 19 bucks, and at least so far it's been worth it.

Wow you may be lucky alright. I finish about 1 out of ten games because I get those defensive bugs. I also would have thought that MVP05 was more realistic and 2k9 is more flash. I think there are like 3 people that are completely satisfied with 2k9 :D . I'm 50/50. Widescreen kind of sold me. The defense is reaching my boiling point . I just hate playing a nice close game and then have it be ruined by some lame defensive bug. Total Buzz kill. :angry:

Let me know if you get a response.

A mod over there just responded that he reads it as including all fixes, not just patch 1. Of course the mods have no real knowledge of what's going on but he specifically asked the admin to address this question so chances are we will get an answer soon rather than later.

Wow you may be lucky alright. I finish about 1 out of ten games because I get those defensive bugs. I also would have thought that MVP05 was more realistic and 2k9 is more flash. I think there are like 3 people that are completely satisfied with 2k9 :D . I'm 50/50. Widescreen kind of sold me. The defense is reaching my boiling point . I just hate playing a nice close game and then have it be ruined by some lame defensive bug. Total Buzz kill. :angry:

MVP is more realistic at this point, as it should be after 5 years of 'getting it right'. I'm just saying that after only a week, the results I'm getting are improving the more I mess with the sliders, so my point is that I do see some hope.

At least until my luck runs out, and the patch turns out to be worthless. If it comes to the point where the game isn't playable (and it might), then I'm out 19 dollars and it's back to MVP for this year.

Yeah i agree completely. When i was younger i was the same way... YEAH I BEAT THEM 25 TO 0!!!! Now i find that no fun at all. I want realistic stats and scoring on top of good solid gameplay.

A mod over there just responded that he reads it as including all fixes, not just patch 1. Of course the mods have no real knowledge of what's going on but he specifically asked the admin to address this question so chances are we will get an answer soon rather than later.

Thanks for the update!

The admin at 2k has confirmed that the PC be getting both patches when the next patch is released.

Awesome, good to hear! Now they just need to release it! haha

Only bad thing is now i have to re-adjust all my dang sliders if they are "fixing" AI batter aggression, because people don't know how to pitch!

Awesome, good to hear! Now they just need to release it! haha

Only bad thing is now i have to re-adjust all my dang sliders if they are "fixing" AI batter aggression, because people don't know how to pitch!

Same here. Using Guru's sliders from OS, and I'm seeing my fair amount of the CPU taking 1st strikes & getting called 3rd-strikes on them. Played an awesome game last night. SF(me) vs. Brew Crew. Caine on the mound. 8IP, 5H, 8K, 2ER. Of those 8K's, 3 were called 3rd-strikes. I had Mike Cameron so fooled, he struck out 3 of those times. His 3rd time up, changed location on him and got him looking on all 3 strikes. Didn't even take the bat off his shoulder. :lol:

Find myself, really having to setup the hitters, which I like. Purposefully throw balls to set the table.

Looking forward to the patch though, but I'm having a blast with this game.

Archived