Patch Announced For Pc

Patrick1609

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curiosity? When the patch comes out will it install properly if you have mods installed? And if so will it remove those mods? Was just thinking about this. Since with MVP all patches are installed before any mods :huh:

We'll have to find out. Shouldn't be a problem, if you have been backing up the original files before you installed any mods. I have a folder for all original files that have been replaced by the mods I've installed so far.

We'll have to find out. Shouldn't be a problem, if you have been backing up the original files before you installed any mods. I have a folder for all original files that have been replaced by the mods I've installed so far.

ah the old days. I learned the hard way. B)

I remember my first experiences back with the early High Heat series, a buddy of mine was trying to explain "backing up" and "renaming files", bleh, bleh, bleh. I think I wound up throwing the game in the trash can.

;)

Yeah, I've told people to do that here... and I can see their eyes gloss over. ;)

Some new news:

I wanted to give you more details about Patch 2 as they have been passed to me. The patch is almost ready for submission as the final tweaks are being made. From there, it must go through the proper approvals which puts it a minimum of two weeks out. But I did want to share JUST A FEW (read NOT ALL) of the things it will address:

AI Agressiveness

Home Run Totals

Fly balls in the outfield tweaked so ghastly fielding errors will be a thing of the past

1st baseman stepping off bag has been tweaked

Issues with the pitch overlay hud

Fixed pickoffs, especially to 2nd base

Roster issues as it pertains to subsituting pitchers and bench

There is more news to come, but wanted to share at least these fixes with you. Thanks!

Ronnie

Is it a safe statement to make that if the PC patch truly fixes all of those issues, we have our replacement for MVP?

I think it's much too early to say that yet. MLB 2K9 has been out less than a month. MVP has been around for 4 years.

I think it's much too early to say that yet. MLB 2K9 has been out less than a month. MVP has been around for 4 years.

I gotta agree. MVP 05 was and is a great game because the core game mechanics were perfected not over a one year game development cycle, but over 3 years starting with MVP 03. I've owned and played all 3 in that series and while 03 was a good game it was very rough around the edges. MLB 2k9 isn't as polished as MVP 03 was at its release. That being said if 2K are geniunely interested in bringing a quality product to market, Then perhaps we can expect good things from them in the future. Perhaps by the time 2k 11 rolls around we could have our replacement. For now however, especially with the lack of online play, there is simply no way 2k9 can completely replace MVP.

In short its a patch, not a miracle. :D

I'm having a hard time going back and playing MVP...guess 2k9 has its claws in me. I haven't experience too many of these bugs yet, but I've been disappointed by the apparent lack of crosschecking on the jerseys and stuff, like the alternate Brewers 82 throwback is a joke...

After playing a number of games in 2k9 it is really hard to go back to MVP, graphic/atmosphere wise.

I'm really excited for the future of this game modding-wise and hopefully bugs will be ironed out.

NOTE: I don't do online play, so not a big deal missing for me.

After playing a number of games in 2k9 it is really hard to go back to MVP, graphic/atmosphere wise.

I'm really excited for the future of this game modding-wise and hopefully bugs will be ironed out.

NOTE: I don't do online play, so not a big deal missing for me.

I certainly am not going to abandon MVP but I agree with you re: 2k9.

2k9 has been working fine for me and since I also don't play online, I find the game has very few bugs and is a pleasure to play.

I look forward to the patch but the game definitely plays well enough for me as it is....Franchise has to be straightened out but other than that I can live with the few other minor problems, such as the lack of walks.

Once I became familiar with the sliders and how the game plays, I have had some very realistic outcomes....Scores like 3 to 1, 5 to 2 , 2 to 0, etc.

And a great big thank you to all the modders for the improvements that have been done and will be done in the future.... Greatly appreciated.

Right now, I haveta say the $29 price for the PC version is a bargain.

I certainly am not going to abandon MVP but I agree with you re: 2k9.

2k9 has been working fine for me and since I also don't play online, I find the game has very few bugs and is a pleasure to play.

I look forward to the patch but the game definitely plays well enough for me as it is....Franchise has to be straightened out but other than that I can live with the few other minor problems, such as the lack of walks.

Once I became familiar with the sliders and how the game plays, I have had some very realistic outcomes....Scores like 3 to 1, 5 to 2 , 2 to 0, etc.

And a great big thank you to all the modders for the improvements that have been done and will be done in the future.... Greatly appreciated.

Right now, I haveta say the $29 price for the PC version is a bargain.

$29? You overpaid by 10 bucks :p Where did you buy it from?

Wicked....

:lol: The only thing worse than my fielding, is my math. :lol:

I have no idea why I said $29, for you are correct sir....$19 it is.

In fact, the price is so reasonable I am going to buy another copy, since I don't like the idea of having to keep the DVD in the drive to play the game....Too many opportunities for something to go wrong.

I was able to get around that problem with MVP, if you know what I mean ;) but unable to do so with 2k9....So having another disc (especially for only $19) will make me feel a little more comfortable.

Wicked....

:lol: The only thing worse than my fielding, is my math. :lol:

I have no idea why I said $29, for you are correct sir....$19 it is.

In fact, the price is so reasonable I am going to buy another copy, since I don't like the idea of having to keep the DVD in the drive to play the game....Too many opportunities for something to go wrong.

I was able to get around that problem with MVP, if you know what I mean ;) but unable to do so with 2k9....So having another disc (especially for only $19) will make me feel a little more comfortable.

I did the same thing with MVP. But with 2K9 i bought it over an online download so i don't have to worry about my cd's with this game.

Archived