Instant Replay Pc Controls

pitchleague

I've been playing the game for the last few days but the instant replay controls appear to be either (a) broken or (B) mapped wrong to my Logitech Rumblepad.

It appears that the replay "controller" (for lack of a better word) has the keyboard controls as labels (play is listed as the ">" key, save is "F2", etc.) but these keys don't appear to work at all. I've been able to get the L7 and L8 buttons on the controller to Rewind and FastForward the action, the d-pad moves the blue X, the left stick will (sort of) rotate the camera, and button 2 will "play" the replay at normal speed. Some of the other buttons will zoom in and out.

But I can't save these replays for the life of me and the overall controls for this thing is just "wonky." I didn't see any options for the instant replay in the "controller options" menu, unless that was the screen labeled as "action buttons" or something like that.

Any tips?

It depends on how you first turn the replay tool. If you use the keyboard to to press replay , then the keyboard controls it and vice versa. I don't know if you can save the replays. If y ou use the controller, then you have to disable autofocus in the options or else everything will be blurry eventually.

well, nothing happened when I did a replay and pressed the right or left stick "button". So that didn't work.

Also, is there a "slo-mo" mode for replay? If so, what button is that? I've tried every button on my controller.

d-pad = move the blue cursor around

left stick = rotate the camera

right stick = back to the menu (for whatever dumb reason)

button 1 = hide/show camera controls

button 2 = play/pause

button 3 = Zoom out

button 4 = Zoom in

button L5 = camera up

button R6 = camera down

button L7 = reverse replay

button R8 = forward replay

button 9 = nothing

button 10 = back to the menu (now this one makes sense)

button 11 (left stick "button") = nothing

button 12 (right stick "button") = nothing

So I'm at a loss, I guess. Thankfully, I have FRAPS so I can make replays that way, I guess. Still sucks.

eh, didn't work for me.

By the way, I'm going to just publicly complain right here rather than make a new thread or register on the 2k site about this: only 3 stadiums are all-the-time roofed stadiums in the game--Tropicana Field, HHH Metrodome, and MILLER PARK. Stupid idiots at 2k. The freaking dome in Milwaukee can open just like all the other convertible/retractable roof ballparks. Kind of ticks me off.

/rant

• 1 month later...

Yes, I too would like to know how to do this on the PC. I know it can be done, since there are many online replays in so-mo. Hopefully someone knows how this is done, either with the keyboard, or better yet, with the logitech dual-action gamepad.

but I see in the "MLB2k9 $9.99 D2D sale" thread, somebody has 4 videos posted and he says they're from the PC version and they all have slo-mo.

So, either he has a program other than FRAPS that lets him do slo mo replays, or he has figured it out.

So, if you are reading this, how did you do it?

hey! I tried to use the replay controls with the keyboard rather than the controller and low and behold, I can save replays when I enter the replay mode from the keyboard. But otherwise, I, too, tried every key and none of them do slo-mo.

And the f3 key is "DOF" what on earth is DOF? I'm probably dumb and will do a head-slap when someone tells me.

DOF = Depth Of Field. Basically means that when on, the player in the foreground looks normal, but the content in the background is slightly blurred and out-of-focus, like you'd expect a well-taken photo to be. With it off, it all has the same depth.

Archived