The Possible Data Structure Of Roster.iff

Tony3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony3, if you get the chance, can you see if you can activate some of the extra player entries? I believe there are 237 of them.

The first one is at 0xE4ADC. The last one is at 0xF41EC.

The 50 create-a-players start at 0xF42F8 and end at 0xF774F.

Here it is. Tony3's list from 2K9 roster.iff file.

Tony3List.zip

First 3319 players are real in game, I'm working on their real names.

Next are 50 All star players (duplicate in game), 50 classic players, 50 create-a-players, 2 specific fake players,

235 extra players, and 243 generated fake players from TC system, 3949 totally .

A lot of fields are still unidentified, so I assign them as N57, N59, N79, N80, ... etc.

If anyone knows what the unidentified fields really are, I will be happy to correct them.

Enjoy it. :D

Just thought that I'd let you guys know that I released my first public version of my MLB2K9 Roster Editor at eamods.

Download page: http://www.eamods.com/index.php/View-detai...ter-Editor.html

Thread: http://www.eamods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=5234

I used some of the information that Tony3 has supplied in the thread, so thanks Tony3.

Tywiggins (or Tony3)...do you know if the work done on MVPMods Roster Project rosters (which is in a .ros format) can be converted into the Roster.iff format used by the editor, or will we have to start from scratch if we wanted the updates the MVPmods roster project has created in a roster.iff format?

Tywiggins (or Tony3)...do you know if the work done on MVPMods Roster Project rosters (which is in a .ros format) can be converted into the Roster.iff format used by the editor, or will we have to start from scratch if we wanted the updates the MVPmods roster project has created in a roster.iff format?

sort of a bad position to be in

the Roster Editor takes IFF files but does not allow for trades/signing FA/releasing people

The game uses ROS files and does not do a lot of stuff the editor does

The Roster Editor will increase the roster.iff file size to allow for more custom names, but since that means the roster.iff file no longer has a set size it would make a ROS2IFF converter more difficult to make

I say we donate to Ty and ask for the ability to import ROS files

sort of a bad position to be in

the Roster Editor takes IFF files but does not allow for trades/signing FA/releasing people

The game uses ROS files and does not do a lot of stuff the editor does

The Roster Editor will increase the roster.iff file size to allow for more custom names, but since that means the roster.iff file no longer has a set size it would make a ROS2IFF converter more difficult to make

I say we donate to Ty and ask for the ability to import ROS files

So if I understand correctly....

We cant convert from ROS to IFF ?

Basically work on the roster in the game or start from scratch ?

So if I understand correctly....

We cant convert from ROS to IFF ?

Basically work on the roster in the game or start from scratch ?

You need the ability to go back and forth from a ROS and an IFF file. Yeah I can convert the file manually but as soon as you need to move a player you will need it converted again

The roster editor does not do ANY player movement, so you would need a ROS file to trade/sign/release/promote/demote any players, and then an IFF file to do the editor.

The next version of the editor will likely accept .ros files

Archived