Do You Play Out Every Game?

clemonte

I play the schedule as the Cubs.....I play almost every game but I either save and finish later or have the computer take over for a few innings and then I take over to completion.

I have played approx. 70 games and cpu vs. cpu was used about 10 times...Using my first franchise more for testing than anything....With new rosters available, I will start over within the next few weeks.

any of ya actually play out all the games in franchise or just a selective few?

I usually alternate play and sim. I have done this because [1] it helps get through a long season (and multiple seasons), [2] it keeps it somewhat realistic versus having so much depend on my skill (an advantage/disadvantage depending on the game), and [3] helps with accurate season stats (I'm a beast with lefty hitters, not so much with righties).

Normally, I have in mind a franchise where I develop talent, so playing like this is a necessity unless I want to view MVP08/2k9 as a second job. With 2k9, I am playing all my games and viewing 2k9 as a "one season game" until the franchise things get worked out.

I'll try a play along with the season provided the game doesn't "go wrong" (schedule mess-ups, base stealing issus, etc) as some of my 2k7 and 2k8 season had.

Right now the game is a 7.5/10 for me. I'm pretty happy. I always have my MVP08 franchise to go back to, but as a former pitcher I love [1] the total controls, and [2] changeups are murder on hitters in 2k9. While there are plenty of little setbacks with 2k9, It's still enjoyable and "mostly" realistic. As always I have the right to change my mind with more games played.

At this point, I like some others, don't "want" to go back to MVP08 for all the positives in 2k9 (PC). But, if I HAVE to, I will.

• 8 months later...

Archived