Home Runs...

Wicked420

For whatever reason I am still struggling to get some good power out of my lineup and still maintain an average amount of hits. I have tried everything. I am even patient at the plate getting 3-5 walks a game and waiting on that one pitch that comes barreling down the plate ready to be hit, but no, instead its a routine flyball or ground out, wtf? ... I just can't get a feel for what is about to be hit. In MVP when i saw that pitch I knew where it was going, in this game it's like it's random. I can't be the only one with this problem, but if I am then I'll accept I just suck.

So I'm wonder what you guys (who can actually hit HR's with good hit totals) have for your settings.

AI Pitch Success:

User Batting Success:

User Batting Contact:

User Batting Power:

User Batting Pitch Influence:

Thanks!

In Operation Sports this post was very useful for me for batting HR's without use the LS:

Where do you have Batting Pitch Influence @? This is the slider that determines how well you hit HR's with or without using the L-STICK

My sets are:

User Batting Success:40

User Batting Contact:20

User Batting Power:100

but,

Batting Pitch Influence:50

This settings realy help me batting HR's without LS

Atkins go deep twice in my second game against D-Backs and Tulowisky blast the ball once.

Stewart and Hawpe has back to back HR's in my first game at Cubs today, and Stewart batting Pinch hitter.

Probe this and tell me wath happen with u.

Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Batting Pitch Influence is at 75. I'm assuming lower it for more HR's? I'll give that a try my next game. I'm lucky i downloaded this game or I might be looking at a broken disk instead, lol.

I can read your English just fine :)

Yep you're right, the lower it's for more Hr's. That's for speed of pitch and location (fastball in center of the plate:blast easily) 50 works for me.

I'm still thinking the pitcher success only affect the pitch spot and don't affect the better batting. The patience is the real factor. I hope that's really help u. ;)

Give these a whirl wicked.......

User Batting success 50

User Contact 0

User Power 85

Ai batting sucess 60

Ai contact 0

Ai power 95

The rest of the hitting sliders I have kept at what they were set at in jr's sliders other than left stick influence which is at 35. Play like an exhibition with em and see what ya think.

Give these a whirl wicked.......

User Batting success 50

User Contact 0

User Power 85

Ai batting sucess 60

Ai contact 0

Ai power 95

The rest of the hitting sliders I have kept at what they were set at in jr's sliders other than left stick influence which is at 35. Play like an exhibition with em and see what ya think.

I got em going thanks to elpatorojas.

Here is what I'm using with great results:

User Batting success 30

User Contact 30

User Power 100

Batter Pitch Influence: 45

AI Batting Success 80

AI Contact 40

AI Power 95

AI Pitch Success: 45

Hi there Wicked420 .. I've had the same problems with not hitting the long ball .. btw you said you get 2-5 walks per game ... what is you're [CPU AI Strike Zone Tendency] set at?

I have mine set at zero and the zone tendency at 0. And I can get the same results depending on who's pitching.

Hi there Wicked420 .. I've had the same problems with not hitting the long ball .. btw you said you get 2-5 walks per game ... what is you're [CPU AI Strike Zone Tendency] set at?

It's at 5. Against some of the aces with good control I usually don't draw any walks on them very often.

It's at 5. Against some of the aces with good control I usually don't draw any walks on them very often.

Yep. When they showed the "pitch-tracker" thing in game versus Oswalt, the icons made a "U" shape. Nothing in the middle of the plate all game. Hitting the corners down in the zone all game long.

Same thing v. Haren the next game, only he made a mistake up in the zone to Ludwick ... which ended up in the pool .... of course, the animation had it bounce off the water, richochet off the back wall, and then bounce off the water again. Must have been frozen water ... In Arizona?

I'm using Darkspace's sliders (mlb 2k9 forum). Settings are ...

AI Pitch Success: 55

User Batting Success: 60

User Batting Contact: 40

User Batting Power: 70

User Batting Pitch Influence: 90

So far through 8 games, Ludwick has 4 bombs, with no one else having more than 1. I use classic batting (no left stick), and usually only swing at pitches up in the zone, unless I have to (2 strikes, hit and run, etc).

I have similar AI pitching settings as those posted here, and against top pitchers, they hit the zone all game long, on the corners, etc ... and middle starters are usually out of the game by the 4th/5th inning due to high pitch counts.

I'll continue with these settings through 25 games or so, and then look at the results. Right now there may be too many doubles in the gaps ... for both teams.

Archived